NJ cancels TOC championship because it’s not fair to bush league schools that elite teams still get to play

imaGoodBoyNow

• imaGoodBoyNow changed the title to NJ cancels TOC championship because it’s not fair to bush league schools that elite teams still get to play
12 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

CF4D8D27-7D16-46EF-A462-4FCFB726AE70.jpeg

This is out of context. The game was 27-3 in the 4th quarter. Bergen called the dogs off and let the backups get some reps since they paid to go on the long trip. Grayson kept their starters in till the final whistle and got all their points in garbage times when their 1’s were playing Bergen’s 2’s and 3’s

• Thanks 1

The TOC was never for football..as much as I'm for keeping it for the other sports the problem is New Jersey is a Catholic school dominated state when it comes to athletics. Non-Public A has come to dominate all facets of high school sports and the publics don't stand a chance. The only sport where it gets interesting is basketball where Non-Public B (smaller privates) tend to dominate and even there it has become a toss up. New Jersey starts I think 5 teams in the top 40 nationally in basketball this year and the top billing does go to a public school in Camden at #4. Lacrosse, hockey, baseball and all the rest it is usually not close and it is the same teams playing over and over, this is just an admission of the changed landscape we have witnessed over the past 20 years.

How can mommy and daddy keep up the facade of telling their precious junior he's special when he gets his ass kicked on the field or court!  Get rid of Gifted & Talented in the classroom, stop ranking students, stop keeping score in sports, don't dare challenge yourself against tougher competition because they are all so "special".  We must preserve the delusion at all costs

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

This is out of context. The game was 27-3 in the 4th quarter. Bergen called the dogs off and let the backups get some reps since they paid to go on the long trip. Grayson kept their starters in till the final whistle and got all their points in garbage times when their 1’s were playing Bergen’s 2’s and 3’s

Source? Link?

Be careful.

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@Mickeybern @NJ2015 you hear of any rumors of Sabella leaving Bosco for NH?

So I hit DBP66 and I Am Ironman back in I think late September with the rumor I was hearing that there was acrimony in Ramsey and that Sabella was on his way out. It seemed like he had enough of the pressure cooker that some of the alumni were putting him through. They wanted to win and they felt he was mediocre but that was before they turned their season around and made a run. Would I be surprised?? No!!  Let us not forget that he left PC after 1 year to go to Ridgefield. Yes he did it to get away from that shit show over there but also he is a public school guy at heart and he likes the stability of a public job. NH has a nice program and he could be there for 25 years and no one would say boo to him. Can't blame him if he goes.

This is what I heard back in the fall. I'll copy and paste my post but I will leave every one else's response off of it:

ok so this is what I'm being told.. The belief is is that it is a combination of 2 things. 1st, he isn't winning and he's having trouble handling it and 2nd he is hearing that several big Bosco boosters are not happy that he is getting paid and not delivering.  

6 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

This is what I heard back in the fall. I'll copy and paste my post but I will leave every one else's response off of it:

ok so this is what I'm being told.. The belief is is that it is a combination of 2 things. 1st, he isn't winning and he's having trouble handling it and 2nd he is hearing that several big Bosco boosters are not happy that he is getting paid and not delivering.  

Lol he lost in state championship to a team coached by a Campanile and had D1s at every position, those alumni need to learn that it’s not the Glory days anymore and Sabella or whoever they bring in will never be a Greg Toal

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

So I hit DBP66 and I Am Ironman back in I think late September with the rumor I was hearing that there was acrimony in Ramsey and that Sabella was on his way out. It seemed like he had enough of the pressure cooker that some of the alumni were putting him through. They wanted to win and they felt he was mediocre but that was before they turned their season around and made a run. Would I be surprised?? No!!  Let us not forget that he left PC after 1 year to go to Ridgefield. Yes he did it to get away from that shit show over there but also he is a public school guy at heart and he likes the stability of a public job. NH has a nice program and he could be there for 25 years and no one would say boo to him. Can't blame him if he goes.

I know Coach pretty well....I get the feeling he loves being at Bosco and is all in...he's excited about the younger classes and future Bosco has...the team is loaded next year and he knows that...no reason to leave IMO...a lot of us alumni got his back and support him 100%!...he's a great guy!.....😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

I know Coach pretty well....I get the feeling he loves being at Bosco and is all in...he's excited about the younger classes and future Bosco has...the team is loaded next year and he knows that...no reason to leave IMO...a lot of us alumni got his back and support him 100%!...he's a great guy!.....😉

and there you have it...from a committed alumnus  

• Like 1