Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

1 hour ago, OldTerrapin said:

yeah some places had them.. The Middle School I went to in 8th grade Del Mar Middle in Santa Cruz had one..only most the kids smoked cloves which was weird.. I know Edgewood Middle in Maryland did too but I didn't go there.  

You might be showing your age! When my mom found out she was pregnant with me the girls took her out for drinks and smokes😳🤔

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

I can smelll the Marlboro smoothes and hear the show “murder she wrote” in the background 

"Days of Our Lives" and "As the World Turns".. for me.. Like sands through the hour glass....😱

Days Of Our Lives GIFs | Tenor

And of course "The Price is Right" which I didn't mind so much

A new car!!!!   look at that beaut. 

ATOMIC CHRONOSCAPH — The Price is Right (1973)

OK the real beaut.. woody alert!  lol

the price is right gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

1 hour ago, OldTerrapin said:

"Days of Our Lives" and "As the World Turns".. for me.. Like sands through the hour glass....😱

Days Of Our Lives GIFs | Tenor

And of course "The Price is Right" which I didn't mind so much

A new car!!!!   look at that beaut. 

ATOMIC CHRONOSCAPH — The Price is Right (1973)

OK the real beaut.. woody alert!  lol

the price is right gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Winners had to pay taxes on the prizes they won..guessing that could get steep for some…especially on a brand new car

15 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Winners had to pay taxes on the prizes they won..guessing that could get steep for some…especially on a brand new car

still do.. We had a neighbor go on one of the game shows in the 80's and they won a living room set. They were offered the wholesale value in cash minus income tax withholdings as an option and they just took that. 

The cars I had read the car manufacturers and dealer would have an insurance policy for like half the value or something and then almost always the contestants took the wholesale cash option. The difference was paid out by the manufacturer but it was all written off in advertising budget and the car still got to be sold by the dealer.. If the people took the car then yes they would have to pay tax and tags when they registered it based on gift tax value as well as file the winnings on their income tax there is some clause they cant sell it for so many years or something like that as well. And they get to be used in advertising and so forth

Better to just take the money even if just 1/3 of the retail value of the car..IMO But I dunno if I had to come up with a couple G's to roll with the vette I might do that lol 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

still do.. We had a neighbor go on one of the game shows in the 80's and they won a living room set. They were offered the wholesale value in cash minus income tax withholdings as an option and they just took that. 

The cars I had read the car manufacturers and dealer would have an insurance policy for like half the value or something and then almost always the contestants took the wholesale cash option. The difference was paid out by the manufacturer but it was all written off in advertising budget and the car still got to be sold by the dealer.. If the people took the car then yes they would have to pay tax and tags when they registered it based on gift tax value as well as file the winnings on their income tax there is some clause they cant sell it for so many years or something like that as well. And they get to be used in advertising and so forth

Better to just take the money even if just 1/3 of the retail value of the car..IMO But I dunno if I had to come up with a couple G's to roll with the vette I might do that lol 

7CA38563-1704-44C9-8C0E-644B5A22F868.gif