Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

1 hour ago, hardhit1 said:

Golf,

Eds takes their entire team to the Perryburg district 13 champs & one third place. 6 freshman & 3 Soph.

going to be 2 team race with the home team. 

Now if they were running double fisted that’s an accomplishment. What does it have to do with beer? We don’t need no athletic feats gumming up the distorted liver thread 😂 🍻. This has probably been the longest non fucked up thread! 

527AF071-4E04-480C-8D8C-0DCE3E91A0D0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Now if they were running double fisted that’s an accomplishment. What does it have to do with beer? We don’t need no athletic feats gumming up the distorted liver thread 😂 🍻. This has probably been the longest non fucked up thread! 

527AF071-4E04-480C-8D8C-0DCE3E91A0D0.jpeg

Damn busted again

but I did have 6 beers while watching the sectional finals being streamed 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@hardhit1I’ll join you with a few tonight and a toast to one amazing RB.  🙏 

Won’t get easier… when Tom Seaver passed 2 years ago or so I was wiped out.   Big names on deck.  Hate to say it but the Say Hey kid is 90 I believe? 

Sad, loved watching that little midget. He was a great change of pace in the  Air Coryell offense when he was with the Chargers. RIP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Sad, loved watching that little midget. He was a great change of pace in the  Air Coryell offense when he was with the Chargers. RIP

Indeed man.  He was just that.  

I think I have a few pics to share.  In recent visits back home, taking a break from the pain of seeing Mom dying and during her naps, I’d have a look at my old bedroom, still filled with albums and sports memorabilia.   I took photos of many to share with friends.  I believe I took 2 regarding a 1983 Bolts vs Giants game that Dad and I attended together.  We attended many games through the mostly bad years unfortunately… but wow the guys I got to see live on opposing teams at least lol.  You wanna laugh?  My fav Giant back in the day was their punter!   He was a force with his leg and one of the few bright spots in the lean years.  

Fouts vs Brunner :) and Brunner held up very well.   Final was 41-34 and I found a video also.  The great Harry Kalas voice.  NFL Films and longtime Phillies broadcaster.  

39 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Out here with a Truck Stop Honey, watching some radial tire racing, at a packed out Lights Out 13 at South Georgia Motorsports Park. Tough day for most times today because of higher temps. Its still been a fun couple of days so far. 

IMG_20220226_175505913.thumb.jpg.922d16f264ef85c1ac66715a26390c25.jpg

IMG_20220226_175849209.thumb.jpg.76754cdf7fd80b31b15a78411878843d.jpg

What is that, cars driving in a circle going nowhere? 😂😂

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Indeed man.  He was just that.  

I think I have a few pics to share.  In recent visits back home, taking a break from the pain of seeing Mom dying and during her naps, I’d have a look at my old bedroom, still filled with albums and sports memorabilia.   I took photos of many to share with friends.  I believe I took 2 regarding a 1983 Bolts vs Giants game that Dad and I attended together.  We attended many games through the mostly bad years unfortunately… but wow the guys I got to see live on opposing teams at least lol.  You wanna laugh?  My fav Giant back in the day was their punter!   He was a force with his leg and one of the few bright spots in the lean years.  

Fouts vs Brunner :) and Brunner held up very well.   Final was 41-34 and I found a video also.  The great Harry Kalas voice.  NFL Films and longtime Phillies broadcaster.  

James joined the Bolts a year later in ‘84.  

84CC10D6-AABB-4D6C-8CD4-C1F1A6A2B248.jpeg

B6B22928-CB58-4BE0-BE79-E1F66FEF9640.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Very cool.  What are the common times today?  

Depends on the class. The track was really slick all day due to high temps so there havent been many clean runs. A lot of 4+ but some sub 4 so far. Track's getting better as the air cools, as is the drink...

Some of that real peach shine. 

IMG_20220226_202537083.thumb.jpg.7d366b2a28ed59774490dde826ce7724.jpg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Depends on the class. The track was really slick all day due to high temps so there havent been many clean runs. A lot of 4+ but some sub 4 so far. Track's getting better as the air cools, as is the drink...

Some of that real peach shine. 

IMG_20220226_202537083.thumb.jpg.7d366b2a28ed59774490dde826ce7724.jpg

Dang that’s fast.  Any idea what the ET’s are that the guys on the TV shows are doing?  Oklahoma guys with Chief, the Nola, Cali, TX guys etc.   thanks.  I’ve enjoyed watching the shows, but haven’t watched much recently.  

Don Garlits (spelling?) I remember.  I dig a lot of sports. :) 

Edit: ET lol 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not today, these guys are going as fast as they can as straight as they can in one direction hopefully. xD

As I kid, 13-14, I use to sell cokes at the stock car races every Sat night.  Very fun and left at end of night with 60-70$, all ones. Lol. Until I got fired for talking to girls that is.  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

As I kid, 13-14, I use to sell cokes at the stock car races every Sat night.  Very fun and left at end of night with 60-70$, all ones. Lol. Until I got fired for talking to girls that is.  

Daytona 500 I went once with a longtime friend some years back.  

Also a friend’s girlfriend’s father many moons ago used to drive in a Porsche club and they had fun at the Limerock track in CT.  I went once with my friend and his GF and met her father.  I can’t recall his ride at the moment.  I’ll ask my friend.  I think he had a 914.  Was cool watching the faster cars whiz by while the more classical cars stayed off the apexes lol.  Edit:  confirmed, it was a white 914. 

40 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Screenshot_20220301-081130-454.thumb.png.420069291d51584a956220c1da9c211d.png

🍻

xD

Hey Hawg...a tad off center here...but...will you be traveling to Georgia Beer Company this week for the beginning of their St. Patrick's Extravaganza?

Sources tell me that it's gonna be something to behold....

Oh, and Ms. Violet has already told me...NO.

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Hey Hawg...a tad off center here...but...will you be traveling to Georgia Beer Company this week for the beginning of their St. Patrick's Extravaganza?

Sources tell me that it's gonna be something to behold....

Oh, and Ms. Violet has already told me...NO.

Rufus>>

I rolled by there yesterday for work, but, just rode by with my mouth watering. Lol 

I have prior engagements the Albany Downtown festival and Snickers Marathon thing hitting this weekend on Saturday so, it's doubtful that I make it to Valdosta also, but, not totally out of the question. 

The following weekend about 7 or 8 of us are going to Pensacola for my buds Second Annual The Worlds End Pub Crawl. We are apparently going to attempt the Golden Mile and meet Dr.Ink 

Hit 12 to 15 pubs and taprooms partaking a pint at each one. I'm sure we won't finish the day with the same number of people we started with. Some will fall by the wayside, and we'll make sure they aren't passed out in the street or on the sidewalk. Maybe we roll them into the bushes or under a park bench or something until we can get back to them. xD

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I rolled by there yeaterday for work, but, just rode by with my mouth watering. Lol 

I have prior engagements the Albany Downtown festival and Snickers Marathon thing hitting this weekend on Saturday so, it's doubtful that I make it to Valdosta also, but, not totally out of the question. 

The following weekend about 7 or 8 of us are going to Pensacola for my buds Second Annual The Worlds End Pub Crawl. We are apparently going to attempt the Golden Mile and meet Dr.Ink 

Hit 12 to 15 pubs and taprooms partaking a pint at each one. I'm sure we won't finish the day with the same number of people we started with. Some will fall by the wayside, and we'll make sure they aren't passed out in the street or on the sidewalk. Maybe we roll them into the bushes or under a park bench or something until we can get back to them. xD

Reminds me of a few of my stupid days when we used to play golf...a beer a hole.  You couldn't tee off the next hole until you finished your beer from the previous one.  I think my record was 11 complete holes...before my riding partner ran over me with the cart.

TRUE STORY.....

Rufus>>

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I rolled by there yeaterday for work, but, just rode by with my mouth watering. Lol 

Last paragraph is a drinking thread post of the week/month.  :)   Awesome setup.   I am quite sure I would not make the 4th quarter "raising beer mug" experience... but if I make it to the 3rd quarter toast, I'd consider it a good CalPints rating kind of day :)  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Reminds me of a few of my stupid days when we used to play golf...a beer a hole.  You couldn't tee off the next hole until you finished your beer from the previous one.  I think my record was 11 complete holes...before my riding partner ran over me with the cart.

TRUE STORY.....

Rufus>>

Apparently this Golden Mile challenge has never been conquered and the organizer now in his 50s is attempting to finish this thing or have some fun trying. Hahaha. It's doubtful that I actually drink a pint at every spot, but, peer pressure can be a bitch. We'll see how it goes. 

My hotel is a block from the route so, I can crawl there. 

48 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

TRUE STORY.....

Rufus>>

HSFB is the common theme... but nothing better than reading personal tidbits (and comedy of course).   The 100% HSFB forum can't touch this !   :)    We can do both just fine.  

• Like 2