Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

4 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Nitro version of the Pumking. A little creamerier than the regular version. Taste like Pumking pie

20191025_222802.jpg

I tried a nitrous infused stout at Pretoria Fields a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what to think about it exactly. 

I like the nitrous infused energy drinks, but, just couldn't find the major difference in the stout. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Saw this the other day and thought of Cossacks...

Screenshot_20191114-185238_Instagram.thumb.jpg.45d41d2b948a15c7ce8e1a58a37c776d.jpg

I got 99 problems but... 

How you gonna call beer a "family pack"? 

xD

If your family consists of the 99 pack of PBR there are several branches of that tree that come full circle and sister and brother have likely shared a tongue 😂. I cut the limit  at the 30 pack bonanza I snagged last year and prob took me til Easter to finish that lol.

• Haha 3

Are you guys seeing a lot of the nitrous infused stouts? 

Seems to be a new fad around me. My favorite tap room has a couple, one with their original stout and a new extra chocolate flavored version. They're pretty smooth, but, I don't really get the fad just yet. 

Did have a couple of nice small batch double IPA's when I went over to pick up my Easter Seals Ornament. 24k gold and limited to 1000. They gave the first 30 to Pretoria Fields because they were chosen to be struck onto the ornament this year. Snagged number 21. 

20191113_185736.thumb.jpg.f41388ba78504c006aa89384014c922c.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Seems to be a new fad around me. My favorite tap room has a couple, one with their original stout and a new extra chocolate flavored version. They're pretty smooth, but, I don't really get the fad just yet. 

Did have a couple of nice small batch double IPA's when I went over to pick up my Easter Seals Ornament. 24k gold and limited to 1000. They gave the first 30 to Pretoria Fields because they were chosen to be struck onto the ornament this year. Snagged number 21. 

I've seen some, but not too many. All of the ones I've tried, I've also had non nitrous versions....and I usually prefer the non nitrous versions

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I've seen some, but not too many. All of the ones I've tried, I've also had non nitrous versions....and I usually prefer the non nitrous versions

Yeah, same here. 

I even talked with the brewers about it just for curiousity's sake, and they couldn't really explain the difference in a way to make me understand it. A bit smoother with a drier finish is supposed to be the result, but, idk if I really get that from them. 

I've had the Nitrous infused Monster Energy drink and it's like drinking dry bubbles. Just slides down and like your tongue was never wet. Just the flavor is all. 

The beers aren't coming across like that to me. Idk, I don't think the head brewer liked my critique. xD 

I was just being honest. I always tell him the truth. I don't like the gose or other sours much. Not the quality, just not my thing. I think they think I'm weird. Haha. 

They had a "Fried green tomato" and pepper saison as well. It was tart but not sour. I liked it. The green tomatoes come through and give it the tart and then there is a slight tingle from the pepper on the back end. 

They've added a couple of brewers to help out over the past 2 years and they're starting to pick up steam on the small batch stuff now. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Been seeing them maybe the last 3 or so years. Talked to one brewmaster who said in a few years the beer industry will consider it a short “craze” which will come and go. Never tried one, but  based on what I’ve heard and want u said I agree! 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

BD1E07F2-B75F-4D31-A0A0-D1B06C930029.jpeg

• Haha 1

Alright, alright, alright. 

This was supposed to be a victory drink, but, it was not to be. 

Finding a 21st Amendment beer in Georgia does not happen daily. 

20191122_232419.thumb.jpg.137e64725bf662f31ae4ad49882d18aa.jpg

The Monks Blood dark ale is hitting pretty good. If I didn't have a long ride, I'd knock back 2 or 3 right quick. xD

We have a brewer from 21st Amendment over at Pretoria Fields now. He talked em up, so I finally found one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Alright, alright, alright. 

This was supposed to be a victory drink, but, it was not to be. 

Finding a 21st Amendment beer in Georgia does not happen daily. 

20191122_232419.thumb.jpg.137e64725bf662f31ae4ad49882d18aa.jpg

The Monks Blood dark ale is hitting pretty good. If I didn't have a long ride, I'd knock back 2 or 3 right quick. xD

We have a brewer from 21st Amendment over at Pretoria Fields now. He talked em up, so I finally found one. 

Ditto I’d show you mine but drank them all fast being a loser tonight 😀

• Haha 1