GA HC salaries... show me the money!

golfaddict1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Your post said "highest teacher"...."highest Principal".   There are probably 1000 principals over $110k and 1000 teachers over $95K.

Probably 500 principals over $140k. 

Most of the asst superintendent admin people are pushing $200k

Insanity

Look at my last post. Straight from the Cali.gov site. It's highest average pay statewide. Not the single most highest salary.

5 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Sounds like Buford is the place to be in GA.  The academics and administration sound very similar to my hometown.

Forty  years ago Buford, the town, was poor as a church mouse. Gwinnett county was poor white trash, for the most part. And how could I forget good old Tyronne Sorrells, flunked out of UGA, completed his elgibility for the trade school on North Avenue. UGA was placed on probation because a compassionate human unit paid his Mothers power bill for a couple of months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

the point is not the "averages".  

The point is that the high end of the range is ridiculous for being in child education

When you consider the size of those school districts then $200,000 is more than fair.

That position and responsibility is comparable to upper management in the corporate world, but the pay is very modest.

The superintendent is ultimately responsible for thousands of children, hundreds (or thousands) of employees, and millions (sometimes billions) of dollars. That is just the surface of it. On top of everything else, superintendents are also politicians.

Without looking, I'd say our superintendent in Colquitt is probably making close to $175,000. Sounds to me like CA districts are underpaying relative to the cost of living.

14 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I'm surprised you can bus all those recruits in with only 1900 buses.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

Only the 5 star plus get their private bus.  The rest have to ride with everyone else...unless Mommy and Daddy bought them a fancy SUV for the trek cross county.

23 hours ago, Texasball said:

The first two coaches on the list from Abilene - They are not AD's - Abilene has a district athletic director 

Terry Gambill at Allen is not the AD either

Not one of those coaches in the Arlington schools are AD's

However, just like Propst they all hold title of campus coordinator - They are not the AD.

More and more even small 3A schools like Brock the HFC is the AD

I meant to say that more and more like Brock the HFC is not the AD

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

Yes, I doubt any of the private coaches make that much.

Same in Georgia. The private schools are just getting into the game here. Some will eventually  win some games in the larger classes. The Cali guys are good guys, honestly. I spent part of  every summer from 67'-74'  living across the street,and half a block up from the Zappa's. And later, off Franklin. However they have grown up watching a different type of program building. It isn't recruiting when the public schools have an open enrollment advantage they're not utilizing. Sponge Bob sang no tune in the early 2000's, when kids were running to play for him Poly has players who lived in the Hills..Back in the 70's, voter initiatives set into motion a chain of events which strenghtened  already strong private school programs. Some no longer exist. Black-Foxe Military Academy, ( These OC guys have never been in the neighborhood)  and others were playing national schedules in the 30's 40's, 50's, and 60's. so there is a long tradition of excellent private school play. Unfortunately, I believe the overall quality and depth regarding public schools isn't of the caliber  being played 20years ago imo.. I have my opinon as to why parents all over the basin jump at the chance to send junior to SJB,MD, or the rest. College acceptance percentages.Even if he rides the pine, he'll more likely be college material exclusive of football. Here, Marist, Westminster, Lovett, and or Woodward, could be MD, SJB, DLS, type teams by 2019. All are far richer schools than even Harvard-Westlake. And have the resources to buy and  stack 20+ D1  prospects a year. Problem would be the backlash.Although still under the 1966 desegration rulings, as is Texas, the gloves would come off, and the old football city states would play the game. LaGrange, between the Callaways and Mansour family alone could recruit nationally. I would expect a similar response from Texans if Jesuit, either one, or TAPPS, strays too far off the reservation. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JCGIII said:

Forty  years ago Buford, the town, was poor as a church mouse. Gwinnett county was poor white trash, for the most part. And how could I forget good old Tyronne Sorrells, flunked out of UGA, completed his elgibility for the trade school on North Avenue. UGA was placed on probation because a compassionate human unit paid his Mothers power bill for a couple of months.

In the 1950s is when the City of Buford got started with the utilities, specifically gas and hooked into the gas pipeline from Texas and the result is today what you see.

The City of Buford could give away water and electricity and still make money off gas revenue.

12 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

the point is not the "averages".  

The point is that the high end of the range is ridiculous for being in child education

No way could you live on those salaries in Cali, barely afford a closet with a 3" pvc stub out for sewer it seems.

Compensate your teachers and hold em accountable.

Not knowing the atmosphere in Cli other than the sex abuse issues.

Not an advocate of funding graft.

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

In the 1950s is when the City of Buford got started with the utilities, specifically gas and hooked into the gas pipeline from Texas and the result is today what you see.

The City of Buford could give away water and electricity and still make money off gas revenue.

Wouldn't have mattered if Lake Lanier wasn't your backyard. Lanier was what attracted many people to the area.

On 2/6/2018 at 9:03 PM, Texasball said:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/special-reports/databases/article168974117.html

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/prep-football/article171482762.html

When you consider the # of teams in the state of Texas - Its pretty damn impressive that average statewide is over 98K

The Highest paid is Hank Carter at Lake Travis at 155,156.00

attached is article about the pay statewide and the other attachment list in alphabetical order by school each schools HFC pay.

This just lists the 6A and 5A schools. Don't forget Coach Surratt is just about even with Coach Carter at $155g and it goes alot farther in Carthage than in Lake Travis! Don't know if there would be any others in the lower classes quite that high.

On 2/7/2018 at 3:40 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

List of HS in Gwinnett County:

Buford-Geographically it is. If I remember correct Buford is a city school and doesnt run on the county system. 

North Gwinnett HS

Lanier HS

Archer HS

Grayson HS 

Central Gwinnett HS 

South Gwinnett HS 

Norcross HS

Parkview HS

Brookwood HS

Berkmar HS

Meadowcreek HS 

Mill Creek HS 

Collins Hill HS 

Discovery HS 

Duluth HS-May also be a city school. 

Peachtree Ridge HS 

Shiloh HS 

Dacula HS 

Mountain View HS

Duluth is a county school.  You left off the schools that don't play football in the county system.  Then there are the privates like Greater Atlanta Christian, Westminster, Providence, Hebron Christian, and many smaller private schools that may have a good athlete or two.  GAC, Westminster, Providence, and Hebron all are competitive in their classification.

41 minutes ago, Fred said:

Duluth is a county school.  You left off the schools that don't play football in the county system.  Then there are the privates like Greater Atlanta Christian, Westminster, Providence, Hebron Christian, and many smaller private schools that may have a good athlete or two.  GAC, Westminster, Providence, and Hebron all are competitive in their classification.

Buford is autonomous and separate from county schools

1 hour ago, JCGIII said:

Wouldn't have mattered if Lake Lanier wasn't your backyard. Lanier was what attracted many people to the area.

It's the same principle at Colquitt County.  Kids flock to Hawg Land cause Lime Sink is nearby.  Or...it used to be.  Everything is currently being relocated to Amelia.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

It's the same principle at Colquitt County.  Kids flock to Hawg Land cause Lime Sink is nearby.  Or...it used to be.  Everything is currently being relocated to Amelia.

Rufus>>

Ha. And I going on a guess that you're old enough to remember when Gwinnett was # 1 in the country in mobile home sales, and parks. 

1 minute ago, JCGIII said:

Ha. And I going on a guess that you're old enough to remember when Gwinnett was # 1 in the country in mobile home sales, and parks. 

Who are you, dude and what exactly is your problem? What difference does it make now, it was all farmland that was flooded over for the reservoir and folks were displaced. Are you carrying a torch of injustice for them or are you recalling some bullshit for some agenda?

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Who are you, dude and what exactly is your problem? What difference does it make now, it was all farmland that was flooded over for the reservoir and folks were displaced. Are you carrying a torch of injustice for them or are you recalling some bullshit for some agenda?

JCGill is one of our older and most respected posters. 

I think he's just recalling the older days. 

Rufus and JCGill are on the complete opposite end of the spectrum compared to Rab.

• Thanks 1

He's a good guy with a wealth of HSFB knowledge. I doubt he meant it as a dig at all.  Just not his style. 

• Thanks 1

In the 50s and 60s and maybe into the early 70s this was true.  Things started changing inn the 80s.  There are still several good sized mobile home communities in the county.  While as a Buford person you probably also consider Hall and Forsyth, the truth is that not that much of Gwinnett was taken by the lake.  Some to be sure but not a huge amount in the scheme of things.

I didn't read anything into JC's comments other than a note of how things have changed.

• Thanks 1