GA HC salaries... show me the money!

golfaddict1

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/special-reports/databases/article168974117.html

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/prep-football/article171482762.html

When you consider the # of teams in the state of Texas - Its pretty damn impressive that average statewide is over 98K

The Highest paid is Hank Carter at Lake Travis at 155,156.00

attached is article about the pay statewide and the other attachment list in alphabetical order by school each schools HFC pay.

Hank Carter and the rest of those Texas coaches are Ad's as well. Propst is just a football coach.  Much better to be Propst

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Hank Carter and the rest of those Texas coaches are Ad's as well. Propst is just a football coach.  Much better to be Propst

The first two coaches on the list from Abilene - They are not AD's - Abilene has a district athletic director 

Terry Gambill at Allen is not the AD either

Not one of those coaches in the Arlington schools are AD's

However, just like Propst they all hold title of campus coordinator - They are not the AD.

More and more even small 3A schools like Brock the HFC is the AD

11 hours ago, AztecPadre said:
11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Teachers in Georgia average around 60k per year. Hardly poverty level in Ga. The starting salary of 40k is pretty well above poverty level actually.

There are teachers in Moultrie making well above 60k per year and they don't work year round like Coach Propst does.

Just sayin'.

Dang y'all are rich.  Then there really is no excuse y'all don't travel other than fear or plain ol laziness. lol

Yea, I'm not so sure I would agree with that $60k number.  I know some get that high or higher but it requires years of service and advanced degrees.  Speaking only for Gwinnett, we have one in ten of every school age child in the state, over 180,000 kids and is the nations 13th largest district.  The budget is a little over $2 billion and we use ESPLOST (Education Special Local Option Sales Tax) to pay for capitol projects likes new schools which we can't seem to build fast enough.  There are 30 something trailers at Grayson for example.  We run over 1,900 buses an aggregate of over 50,000 miles per day.

The point of all this is to say if you base a system's ability to pay for things like out of state travel on the coaches or teachers salaries, you are making an error in reasoning.  Many of the successful football programs are carrying the financial load for the rest of the sports in the schools.  I think we have 17 different sports at Grayson with many supported from funds generated by football.

List of HS in Gwinnett County:

Buford-Geographically it is. If I remember correct Buford is a city school and doesnt run on the county system. 

North Gwinnett HS

Lanier HS

Archer HS

Grayson HS 

Central Gwinnett HS 

South Gwinnett HS 

Norcross HS

Parkview HS

Brookwood HS

Berkmar HS

Meadowcreek HS 

Mill Creek HS 

Collins Hill HS 

Discovery HS 

Duluth HS-May also be a city school. 

Peachtree Ridge HS 

Shiloh HS 

Dacula HS 

Mountain View HS

4 hours ago, Fred said:

Yea, I'm not so sure I would agree with that $60k number.  I know some get that high or higher but it requires years of service and advanced degrees.  Speaking only for Gwinnett, we have one in ten of every school age child in the state, over 180,000 kids and is the nations 13th largest district.  The budget is a little over $2 billion and we use ESPLOST (Education Special Local Option Sales Tax) to pay for capitol projects likes new schools which we can't seem to build fast enough.  There are 30 something trailers at Grayson for example.  We run over 1,900 buses an aggregate of over 50,000 miles per day.

The point of all this is to say if you base a system's ability to pay for things like out of state travel on the coaches or teachers salaries, you are making an error in reasoning.  Many of the successful football programs are carrying the financial load for the rest of the sports in the schools.  I think we have 17 different sports at Grayson with many supported from funds generated by football.

I'm surprised you can bus all those recruits in with only 1900 buses.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

Buford is a city school and is very autonomous. Last I checked teacher and coaches are the highest paid in the state.

Academics are top notch, even though the notoriety lies with athletics... My kid pulls a 4.0 at two power 5 conference schools, graduated with honors and in three years at the first and in grad school pulling a 4.0 while on athletic scholarship on the second. (medical redshirt) My kid credits Buford for this.

Can't stress academics enough, the administration at Buford does not play, they want the best of both worlds in athletics and academics for these kids are are aggressive in those pursuits. Teachers and coaches don't take plays off. And are compensated well for it.

NO trailers, period. Etched in stone. Will not happen, period. 

City of Buford owns the utilities, source of revenue stream that goes back forever it seems.

Brand new High School being built, it's gonna get real folks.

My only concern is this, the model that was successful with an enrollment of 800 kids during that 10 year run, can it work at the 7a level, we'll see. The area is booming, new homes 600k and up being built and not fast enough apparently.

Gwinnett county is one of the fastest growing county's in the nation or among one of many.

Now if our poor, mangy, flea bitten, tick infested, emaciated pups could only get into their uniforms. Woe, woe, woe.... is us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Buford is a city school and is very autonomous. Last I checked teacher and coaches are the highest paid in the state.

Academics are top notch, even though the notoriety lies with athletics... My kid pulls a 4.0 at two power 5 conference schools, graduated with honors and in three years at the first and in grad school pulling a 4.0 while on athletic scholarship on the second. (medical redshirt) My kid credits Buford for this.

Can't stress academics enough, the administration at Buford does not play, they want the best of both worlds in athletics and academics for these kids are are aggressive in those pursuits. Teachers and coaches don't take plays off. And are compensated well for it.

City of Buford owns the utilities, source of revenue stream that goes back forever it seems.

My only concern is this, the model that was successful with an enrollment of 800 kids during that 10 year run, can it work at the 7a level, we'll see. The area is booming, new homes 600k and up being built and not fast enough apparently.

Gwinnett county is one of the fastest growing county's in the nation or among one of many.

Now if our poor, mangy, flea bitten, tick infested, emaciated pups could only get into their uniforms. Woe, woe, woe.... is us.

So.....he takes after his mom......?

(Big Smile)

Rufus>>

17 hours ago, Texasball said:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/special-reports/databases/article168974117.html

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/prep-football/article171482762.html

When you consider the # of teams in the state of Texas - Its pretty damn impressive that average statewide is over 98K

The Highest paid is Hank Carter at Lake Travis at 155,156.00

attached is article about the pay statewide and the other attachment list in alphabetical order by school each schools HFC pay.

Thats the highest paid in the state?  Does that include privates?  I thought it would have been way more. 

6 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Sounds like Buford is the place to be in GA.  The academics and administration sound very similar to my hometown.

• Like 1

It turns out that I was a little high in average high school teacher's salaries in Georgia. Fred's post made me go check up on it. 

Job Title Salary Location
Teacher High School $54,291 Albany,GA
Teacher High School $57,652 Athens,GA
Teacher High School $58,064 Atlanta,GA
Teacher High School $54,350

Augusta,GA

Cali's average high school teacher's salary on a quick google search...

How much does a public high school teacher make in California?
Unified School Districts
Statewide Averages ADA <1,500 ADA 1,500 to 4,999
Beginning Teacher Annual Salary $41,164 $44,144
Midrange Teacher Annual Salary $61,818 $69,119
Highest Teacher Annual Salary $84,567 $86,005
School-Site Principal Annual Salary (Elementary) $96,125 $106,785
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It turns out that I was a little high in average high school teacher's salaries in Georgia. Fred's post made me go check up on it. 

Job Title Salary Location
Teacher High School $54,291 Albany,GA
Teacher High School $57,652 Athens,GA
Teacher High School $58,064 Atlanta,GA
Teacher High School $54,350

Augusta,GA

Cali's average high school teacher's salary on a quick google search...

How much does a public high school teacher make in California?
Unified School Districts
Statewide Averages ADA <1,500 ADA 1,500 to 4,999
Beginning Teacher Annual Salary $41,164 $44,144
Midrange Teacher Annual Salary $61,818 $69,119
Highest Teacher Annual Salary $84,567 $86,005
School-Site Principal Annual Salary (Elementary) $96,125 $106,785

Your search is not close to accurate.

https://transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/2016/school-districts/los-angeles/los-angeles-unified/?page=2

Here are the numbers again, including the link.

High School Districts
Statewide Averages Small ADA <1,000 Medium ADA 1,000 to 3,999
Beginning Teacher Annual Salary $45,374 $46,060
Midrange Teacher Annual Salary $67,188 $70,769
Highest Teacher Annual Salary $91,637 $98,039
School-Site Principal Annual Salary (Middle) $107,289 N/A
4 more rows

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

You are posting a Los Angeles and not a statewide average. You have to own poorville too. 

Your post said "highest teacher"...."highest Principal".   There are probably 1000 principals over $110k and 1000 teachers over $95K.

Probably 500 principals over $140k. 

Most of the asst superintendent admin people are pushing $200k

Insanity