Some California news

Ararar

On 9/18/2022 at 6:50 AM, THEOC89 said:

The only real Controversial or Questionable moves Rollo made where with the 1 semester FB transfer kids…. There were 3 that transferred in to play FB then back to their public schools to graduate early….

There was going to be a 4th one in 2020, QB Miller Moss who had transferred in to play FB but was going to graduate early to enroll at USC…. But with COVID moving the season to the spring, he instead transferred back to Alemeney….

1 Semester FB transfers speak to a win at all costs mentally, which I don’t think is what MD Truly stands for…. 

Reminds me, different sport, but a large portion of key MD players during the McKnight era for their boys basketball program, have been transfers. Tom Lewis, LeRon Ellis, DJ Strawberry, are among them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Yeah watching these two play no one in Cali is in the same ballpark as them…first meeting tonight second meeting day after thanksgiving at the rose bowl. 

We thought the same last year then servite ended up playing in the final. Call it whatever you’d like but if MD plays Cen10 how they did against JSerra last week, the huskies will win. They’re still just high school kids. 

Anyway, has chip Kelly been to any Centennial games? He is not here tonight and plays at home tomorrow. USC and Wazzu are here. If he hasn’t gone to C10 thats a bold recruiting move to not show up to the 3 best HS programs in your own backyard. @On2whls @The Colonel

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

We thought the same last year then servite ended up playing in the final. Call it whatever you’d like but if MD plays Cen10 how they did against JSerra last week, the huskies will win. They’re still just high school kids. 

Anyway, has chip Kelly been to any Centennial games? He is not here tonight and plays at home tomorrow. USC and Wazzu are here. If he hasn’t gone to C10 thats a bold recruiting move to not show up to the 3 best HS programs in your own backyard. @On2whls @The Colonel

Chip was at the Cen10 scrimmage in preseason.  He has some assistants scouting these games on TV.   Big game this weekend against Utah so I guess they aren't there in person, but if they watch the recruited athletes all season maybe they don't need be there for just this game.  

7 minutes ago, QPRTrinity said:

Chip was at the Cen10 scrimmage in preseason.  He has some assistants scouting these games on TV.   Big game this weekend against Utah so I guess they aren't there in person, but if they watch the recruited athletes all season maybe they don't need be there for just this game.  

Who knows if this is true. But extremely stupid if true. Saban, Smart, Sweeney, etc all recruit in person and show up at games. If he’s still game planning at 9pm on Friday night the bruins are in trouble. UCLA has the 81st overall recruiting class. Whatever he’s doing is not working. Go folsom.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Who knows if this is true. But extremely stupid if true. Saban, Smart, Sweeney, etc all recruit in person and show up at games. If he’s still game planning at 9pm on Friday night the bruins are in trouble. UCLA has the 81st overall recruiting class. Whatever he’s doing is not working. Go folsom.

true.

DLS losing to St Marys now.  Time for a new coach 

38 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I haven’t personally seen Kelly at recent Cen10 games but he really doesn’t focus on high school recruits. He’s relying heavily on transfers. Agree that’s a mistake on his part…

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, QPRTrinity said:

samauri, israel, malachi and company are all UCLA level recruits.  Once we dip into 2025 and 2024 recruits,  Chip has to recruit.  

I don’t agree. Carter has plenty of speed but his passing game is not that level.  Riley hasn’t shown me the ability to separate against the better teams.  Maybe gets a shot as a slot receiver but not at UCLA.  Anderson has a great motor and really good instincts but is a little smallish for that level.  Maybe Brackette develops a little more?  Butler though?  If he grows a few more inches he might.  I wonder if he’ll stick around or be SJB bound?

5 minutes ago, QPRTrinity said:

De La Salle and NorCal football is so garbage compared to football down in LA/OC/IE

Throw out the top 3 in SO CA which are nothing like the rest of the teams in the SS, and where does NorCal#1 fit in?  I don’t know that MV, LBP, or Los Al are guaranteed winners against whoever Nor Cal number one is this year ( most likely Serra SM) .   There’s just not enough head to head data points to compare.  The D1AA game this year could be very interesting.  I don’t see any team from the San Diego section beating whoever the SS rep is.  Maybe see Folsom vs one of the second rate Trinity league teams? Folsom snatching the trophy from a San Diego section team is one thing, but if they whack a SS team, a lot of folks are gonna be embarrassed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Maybe, DTR didn’t have to play anyone outside of 1-2 games a year. Carter is faster for sure. If he has any game above the shoulders he may be better than DTR. 

If he didn’t have to rotate with other QB’s for 3years and got the chance to develop more, it might be a different story.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2022 at 3:51 PM, GoBigBlack said:

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson. A couple pretty lines surely tell the whole story. 

Actually, those pretty little lines tell the entire story and it’s well documented 2011/2012 was MD’s turning point. If you don’t listen to reason or data, good luck changing a light bulb. 

• Like 1