Some California news

Ararar

4 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Well the link does help clarify it.  Since I must have missed the other posts regarding this topic, I had zero idea what you were talking about? 

6 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Well the link does help clarify it.  Since I must have missed the other posts regarding this topic, I had zero idea what you were talking about? 

I don’t know, either, that’s why I asked. It wasn’t a rhetorical question.

There’s vague talk about a locker room incident and lots of player suspensions and coaching discipline. Then, one of the accused sends out a video with him holding a gun and making threats on Tuesday. Protesters followed a player to their car after school and attacked it after he was inside, and the team forfeited the game last night.

Sounds like a horrible situation, but no details about what actually occurred or what kind of threats were made or how coaches were involved. There is a short clip of the incident but you can’t really see anything. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 6:25 PM, MD87 said:

Exactly.  You know it kills Jason that MD is the premier brand in SoCal (and the nation), that MD has three more MNC's than SJB, and that SJB is 2-6 since 2017; including getting beat handily the last two seasons.  The MNC is all he cares about.  The weasel was merely looking for any advantage he could get.  

so its possible that Negro is the one that recruits, Rollo does not? since Bosco has gotten way more transfers than MD has since both programs became what they are several years ago? However, Rollo must have made questionable, controversial moves since 2011, when MD didn't make the playoffs for the first time since 1986, he must have done something to help MD start luring elite talent again.

9 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

so its possible that Negro is the one that recruits, Rollo does not? since Bosco has gotten way more transfers than MD has since both programs became what they are several years ago? However, Rollo must have made questionable, controversial moves since 2011, when MD didn't make the playoffs for the first time since 1986, he must have done something to help MD start luring elite talent again.

The only real Controversial or Questionable moves Rollo made where with the 1 semester FB transfer kids…. There were 3 that transferred in to play FB then back to their public schools to graduate early….

There was going to be a 4th one in 2020, QB Miller Moss who had transferred in to play FB but was going to graduate early to enroll at USC…. But with COVID moving the season to the spring, he instead transferred back to Alemeney….

1 Semester FB transfers speak to a win at all costs mentally, which I don’t think is what MD Truly stands for…. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

The only real Controversial or Questionable moves Rollo made where with the 1 semester FB transfer kids…. There were 3 that transferred in to play FB then back to their public schools to graduate early….

There was going to be a 4th one in 2020, QB Miller Moss who had transferred in to play FB but was going to graduate early to enroll at USC…. But with COVID moving the season to the spring, he instead transferred back to Alemeney….

1 Semester FB transfers speak to a win at all costs mentally, which I don’t think is what MD Truly stands for…. 

I forget but when did that occur? Did that occur during either the 2017 or 2018 seasons?

Yeah because many sources or people say that MD's journey to becoming a national powerhouse against started after the 2011 season in which they failed to make the playoffs for the first time in a quarter century, in 2012 they made the finals for the first time in a decade.

Also I think some of the MD assistant coaches had ties or connections to the inland empire ducks youth football program, that's been one of the main feeder programs to MD since they became the National Power again they are now currently.

4 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Welp. Huge blow to an already thin DL. Transfer from Auburn that earned a starting spot. Korey Foreman has played well this year and seems to get better week by week. Need him to have a huge year this year and stay healthy. 

How did you like the trojans the other night vs Fresno ? They looked a whole lot better than they did at stanford , both sides of the ball . Was really impressed with how gamey Fresno looked.  They have some studs on that defense . Great game to watch . I hope they have the trojans on late every saturday . They could become, barring injuries, a top 10 team , maybe higher .

6 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Welp. Huge blow to an already thin DL. Transfer from Auburn that earned a starting spot. Korey Foreman has played well this year and seems to get better week by week. Need him to have a huge year this year and stay healthy. 

That Byrd kid from Wyoming has been lights out since Height got hurt. Your right about Foreman, been a major disappointment since day 1, really needs to step up to redeem himself.

On 9/9/2022 at 7:31 PM, HurricaneNick said:

The bone crushing 50 defense middle linebacker is having a rough go this year. LLoyola and it’s only week 3. 

A8E3EDFD-FCB0-43C3-BF4D-A3E70E1ABCA3.jpeg

Feel free to @ me next time.

Difficult preseason thus far, no doubt. I don’t know many folks that suggested a banner year for the Cubs in ‘22. 

Loyola had an outstanding senior class graduate…

LT (UCLA) 

RB (Princeton) *One of the best RBs Ever in School History…and it’s a long history*

WR (San Diego State)

QB (Texas)

DT (Columbia)

LB (Columbia) 

DB (Morehouse)

OL (Bowdoin)

Not to mention, Loyola’s top two returning players decided to transfer out a couple weeks before fall camp opened. 

Tye Smith (Corona Centennial LB)

Baylin Brooks (Pasadena WR/DB/RET)

Loyola is very young this year with a large contingent of frosh, soph and juniors starting for the first time, so the current results are not shocking. 

This is how traditional high school programs run. When you have a talented class graduate, a rebuild is expected. Thankfully a talented freshman class is off to a 4-0 start in dominating fashion.  

Almost time for the Angelus League, so we will see how things unfold. 
89957970-1D90-4138-B9BF-BFEFA4876989.thumb.jpeg.4895019feb5811cfd1542d859cb26e4f.jpeg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 1901VeniceCub said:

Feel free to @ me next time.

Difficult preseason thus far, no doubt. I don’t know many folks that suggested a banner year for the Cubs in ‘22. 

Loyola had an outstanding senior class graduate…

LT (UCLA) 

RB (Princeton) *One of the best RBs Ever in School History…and it’s a long history*

WR (San Diego State)

QB (Texas)

DT (Columbia)

LB (Columbia) 

DB (Morehouse)

OL (Bowdoin)

Not to mention, Loyola’s top two returning players decided to transfer out a couple weeks before fall camp opened. 

Tye Smith (Corona Centennial LB)

Baylin Brooks (Pasadena WR/DB/RET)

Loyola is very young this year with a large contingent of frosh, soph and juniors starting for the first time, so the current results are not shocking. 

This is how traditional high school programs run. When you have a talented class graduate, a rebuild is expected. Thankfully a talented freshman class is off to a 4-0 start in dominating fashion.  

Almost time for the Angelus League, so we will see how things unfold. 
89957970-1D90-4138-B9BF-BFEFA4876989.thumb.jpeg.4895019feb5811cfd1542d859cb26e4f.jpeg

My man I promise has nothing to do with you and everything to do with Sondheimer 😂 He’s Loyola’s #1 supporter and MD’s #1 hater.

3 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

How did you like the trojans the other night vs Fresno ? They looked a whole lot better than they did at stanford , both sides of the ball . Was really impressed with how gamey Fresno looked.  They have some studs on that defense . Great game to watch . I hope they have the trojans on late every saturday . They could become, barring injuries, a top 10 team , maybe higher .

Offense is as good as they come. Defense gave up 400 yards against Fresno st. So much talent on D but they are +10!!! In the turnover game. That’s huge. Big goal line stand to end the game too. Year 1 in a new system without a true recruiting class for the staff yet. Trojans are set to flip a highly rated LT from Notre dame. Excited for the future would be an understatement. I will be at a few home games and will travel to Utah to watch that one. Can’t wait. 

2 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

That Byrd kid from Wyoming has been lights out since Height got hurt. Your right about Foreman, been a major disappointment since day 1, really needs to step up to redeem himself.

Byrd has been a pleasant surprise. He finished camp 3rd on the depth chart and has earned his keep. Korey is so talented and Helton & co had him out of position. I hope he will flourish as a true rush end in this defense. We don’t need him dropping back into coverage. 

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

Offense is as good as they come. Defense gave up 400 yards against Fresno st. So much talent on D but they are +10!!! In the turnover game. That’s huge. Big goal line stand to end the game too. Year 1 in a new system without a true recruiting class for the staff yet. Trojans are set to flip a highly rated LT from Notre dame. Excited for the future would be an understatement. I will be at a few home games and will travel to Utah to watch that one. Can’t wait. 

Have whatever fun you can there.