Some California news

Ararar

On 4/26/2024 at 10:14 AM, Cossacks said:

I actually used to not be the biggest Lara fan. He walked into a situation of following Jasso with a loaded team, really a no win for him. 

As the years passed, I really started to like the guy as a coach. It’s not like he has never been at a big time program and has no idea what is at stake. I think its a good hire. Good coach.

He's not a great offensive minded coach . Forget those early 2000 teams where Poly had some of the most talented rosters in Ca history . I just look at his gaffs in SBG's where they lost to a Granite Bay even though they dominated TOP . The loss to Grant in SBG was also a bad showing on offense . What he seems to have imop is an ability to organize keep discipline afloat. He needs to hire good coordinators on both sides of the ball . Logan would have been the real coup if MD could have gotten him imop .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

He's not a great offensive minded coach . Forget those early 2000 teams where Poly had some of the most talented rosters in Ca history . I just look at his gaffs in SBG's where they lost to a Granite Bay even though they dominated TOP . The loss to Grant in SBG was also a bad showing on offense . What he seems to have imop is an ability to organize keep discipline afloat. He needs to hire good coordinators on both sides of the ball . Logan would have been the real coup if MD could have gotten him imop .

For all the people that questioned the legitimacy of DLS win streak and how good those teams were, just ask Lara, he’ll vouch for them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2024 at 11:55 AM, CaliNorth said:

yeah, a brutal harsh reminder for LB Poly, they are 0-2 in the state title game since it was reinstated in 2006, and they both lost each games but close scores, close margins.

1 minute ago, The Poop Monster said:

If that's true then he is a soft minded coward that won't last three weeks at Mater Dei

He won’t last three weeks at Mater Dei because he’d say that a team he faced 23 years ago in his rookie coaching season was elite? And how is that cowardly???

image.jpeg.6e5119e4a653a489711ae1538cafb9b6.jpeg

3 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

Elaborate on your take so we can understand the point you’re trying to make. Just word salad so far.

Mater Dei made their name by committing to destroying De La Salle, not by admitting defeat. A real Mater Dei coach would NEVER "vouch for" a DLS team being good.

1 hour ago, The Poop Monster said:

Mater Dei made their name by committing to destroying De La Salle, not by admitting defeat. A real Mater Dei coach would NEVER "vouch for" a DLS team being good.

Lol.  Rollo vouched for DLS.  Nothing wrong with saying this team or that team is good.  A coach that has to lie to themselves and others about how good they are and are better than everyone else when they weren't is pretty weak and would be laughed at.  IMO

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Poop Monster said:

McManus won a state championship his rookie season, ducked nobody, and took no prisoners.

He did technically Duck BG, according to BG’s coach and he got Shut out by SJB…..

So there’s that…. 🤣

42 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

He did technically Duck BG, according to BG’s coach and he got Shut out by SJB…..

So there’s that…. 🤣

I do have one question for the MD insiders. How do you not know that a person is a bad fit as head coach after being on the staff for 16 years? That’s a hell of a long interview.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

I do have one question for the MD insiders. How do you not know that a person is a bad fit as head coach after being on the staff for 16 years? That’s a hell of a long interview.

Apparently wearing your hat Backwards and Not Recognizing Rollo and calling out a team you could have possibly played is grounds for getting fired at MD….. 🤣

Which I don’t disagree with…. Rollo is a HSFB Coaching legend…. You can’t follow a guy like that and look foolish….

That behavior can be overcome by winning and having an ability to schmooze and raise $$…. Every HSFB program needs that from their Coach…. The Best  HSFB programs are run by Coaches who know how to raise $$…. 

Without $$ there is no FB…. And MD is on a Different level so the coach better know how to be the face of the program…..

Every great HSFB Coach has been the Face of the program and along with Lad, no one has done it better than Rollo…. 

I think Lara is good, if he can hang on to the players and keep them coming in MD will be no different then this year…. 

If he can’t, MD will have no Face and Become Servite…. 🤣🤣

5 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

So there’s that…. 🤣

Correction we said Bosco ducked us 

Mater dei has never ducked us they beat us 3 times why tf would they duck us SMH 

Do you have the quote from the "BG COACH"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Antt said:

Correction we said Bosco ducked us 

Mater dei has never ducked us they beat us 3 times why tf would they duck us SMH 

Do you have the quote from the "BG COACH"

I was paraphrasing…. Your coach in an interview explained how BG asked MD to Move the game like MD asked BG to last year and BG obliged and This year MD did not return the favor to make sure the game happened…. 

We all saw the interview and it was discussed in length, with myself being heavily critical of MD for not making sure the game happened…. 

So no, there is no Quote from the BG Coach saying that MD Ducked BG…. But I have also not seen a quote from the BG Coach that SJB is Ducking BG…. 

So in the end, what’s the point?…. 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I was paraphrasing…. Your coach in an interview explained how BG asked MD to Move the game like MD asked BG to last year and BG obliged and This year MD did not return the favor to make sure the game happened…. 

What team would you suggest we screwed over and break our contract to play?

58 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

What team would you suggest we screwed over and break our contract to play?

Creekside….. You guys would have done them a favor by saving them a bunch of $$ on travel just to get shut out like 60-0…. That game was a waste of everyone’s time…. 🤣

I am not trying to re-hash this though…. I really don’t believe that MD was Ducking BG, BG chose to play LBP in some Nike sponsored game and change up the schedule and put the game with MD at risk and it fell through…. It’s really BG’s fault the teams didn’t play….. 

20 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Creekside….. You guys would have done them a favor by saving them a bunch of $$ on travel just to get shut out like 60-0…. That game was a waste of everyone’s time…. 🤣

I am not trying to re-hash this though…. I really don’t believe that MD was Ducking BG, BG chose to play LBP in some Nike sponsored game and change up the schedule and put the game with MD at risk and it fell through…. It’s really BG’s fault the teams didn’t play….. 

I don't think MD should have broken a contract with Creekside, or anybody ever. If I'm not mistaken, we were hoping to play Miami Central but that fell through. I'm not sure whether the Bingham or Creekside game was the makeup for MC. We would have preferred a better opponent than Creekside, but few teams have the cajones to step up and play us. Yes, the Creekside game was a waste of our time but that does not justify breaking a contract. BG chose to play Poly in Oregon instead.

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I don't think MD should have broken a contract with Creekside, or anybody ever. If I'm not mistaken, we were hoping to play Miami Central but that fell through. I'm not sure whether the Bingham or Creekside game was the makeup for MC. We would have preferred a better opponent than Creekside, but few teams have the cajones to step up and play us. Yes, the Creekside game was a waste of our time but that does not justify breaking a contract. BG chose to play Poly in Oregon instead.

I agree, by taking the Poly game and trying to move the MD game, It’s BG’s  fault the Game wasn’t played….

As for Breaking Contracts so you can play a Better, more competitive team and not some overmatched team that has no chance of winning, I have no problem with that….

If MD believes that Honoring a Contract with a Body Bag game is more important than playing the best competition, then good for MD…. I don’t have a problem with that either…

To your point, teams need games and if you go around breaking contracts then that’s not a good practice either…

• Like 2

14 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

We all saw the interview and it was discussed in length, with myself being heavily critical of MD for not making sure the game happened…. 

So no, there is no Quote from the BG Coach saying that MD Ducked BG…. But I have also not seen a quote from the BG Coach that SJB is Ducking BG…. 

So in the end, what’s the point?…. 🤣

We never said mater dei ducked us but yeah Bosco definitely ducked us every year 

They say we gain nothing from playing you (BG)

BUT WE CAN NEVER SAY MATER DEI DUCK US ITS 0-3

21 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

So there’s that…. 🤣

literally never happened and your a liar. mater dei is undefeated against gorman and none of the games have been close. why would mater dei duck a free blowout win?

10 minutes ago, The Poop Monster said:

literally never happened and your a liar. mater dei is undefeated against gorman and none of the games have been close. why would mater dei duck a free blowout win?

In 2022 MD won by 3 but was losing going into the 4th. In 2023 BG beat Centennial worse than MD did. I think if they played this season home field wins. If you’re going to talk shit you should have the facts to back it up. Now I get why you’re called The Poop Monster. You’re full of shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Norcalnut said:

In 2022 MD won by 3 but was losing going into the 4th. In 2023 BG beat Centennial worse than MD did. I think if they played this season home field wins. If you’re going to talk shit you should have the facts to back it up. Now I get why you’re called The Poop Monster. You’re full of shit.

Beating centennial is no accomplishment. It’s literally a matter of choosing before the game how many points you want to put up on them.