Some California news

Ararar

On 10/8/2022 at 9:34 AM, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Actually, those pretty little lines tell the entire story and it’s well documented 2011/2012 was MD’s turning point. If you don’t listen to reason or data, good luck changing a light bulb. 

Typically, when discussing anything related to athletics and “turning points,” one is discussing events that took place or actions that were taken which resulted in something different happening than what was occurring or expected to occur. You know, something roughly along those lines. But this is how post-game interviews should go according to you two —

Erin Andrews: “Wow, Tom! You were down 28-3 and came back to win the Super Bowl! What was the turning point in the game?!”

Tom Brady: “Well, Erin, if you look at the box score (turns to scoreboard), you can see that the other guys were scoring more points than we were up until the third quarter, then we started scoring more points than them. So the turning point was definitely the third quarter.”

Erin Andrews: “That’s absolutely right, Tom! Good job, and thanks for interpreting that line graph for us! Back to you in the studio, Jim!”

You two must be a riot at parties. Did you go to the same engineering school?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

I wouldn’t bet on that.  If a couple dominos fall the wrong way, it could be a really tough year for them.  They might even be capable of losing to the third best Trinity League team. 

BTW, since it’s SJB’s turn for the late season ratings boost, where do you have Cen10’s ranking, top 5??  How about JSerra, top 15?

I think Cen10 is currently ranked correctly. They are the 3rd best team in Cali and somewhere around 10 nationally. 
As for JSerra, they are playing better than I thought they would but they are still the 5th best Trinity team. They are not top 15 in Cali IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

You're right. JSerra is capable of beating of beating OLu and SM on any given day if they play well. Hell, they did give MD all they could handle. lol

Boy, talk about an off day for MD . I know Bosco has had those off days in the past vs trinity teams , but MD never missed by that much as they did against Jserra

@HurricaneNick @Bodysurf @Adam_MD_Alum @Eddyr2 Quote by a Syracuse player today in an article in their local paper about the big Top 20 matchup between NC State and Syracuse this week:

"Syracuse linebacker Mikel Jones was honest when asked if Saturday’s tilt between his 18th-ranked Orange and No. 15 N.C. State at the JMA Wireless Dome will be the biggest football game he ever plays in.

“No, sir.” Jones said. “Mater Dei vs. IMG. My senior year.”"

And this is the first time two ranked teams have played in the dome since 2001, and only the sixth time ever(!)  Young man knows: MD v. IMG was one for the ages.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Just now, MD87 said:

@HurricaneNick @Bodysurf @Adam_MD_Alum @Eddyr2 Quote by a Syracuse player today in an article in their local paper about the big Top 20 matchup between NC State and Syracuse this week:

"Syracuse linebacker Mikel Jones was honest when asked if Saturday’s tilt between his 18th-ranked Orange and No. 15 N.C. State at the JMA Wireless Dome will be the biggest football game he ever plays in.

“No, sir.” Jones said. “Mater Dei vs. IMG. My senior year.”"

And this is the first time two ranked teams have played in the dome since 2001, and only the sixth time ever(!)  Young man knows: MD v. IMG was one for the ages.

So much talent on the field. Electric environment. I enjoyed that one because IMG had about 12 fans and the rest of the visitors side was filled with MD haters from all over So Cal. 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I think Cen10 is currently ranked correctly. They are the 3rd best team in Cali and somewhere around 10 nationally. 
As for JSerra, they are playing better than I thought they would but they are still the 5th best Trinity team. They are not top 15 in Cali IMO.

Although I’m a Cen10 fan, I don’t look at their performance through rose colored lenses.  The MD game showed that a team with a good downfield passing game would seriously expose the inexperience in the secondary.  A really good wide receiver forces them into double coverage and they have to bring in a nickel back that you saw getting beaten pretty badly.  The secondary hasn’t been this vulnerable since 2014 and they had to score a lot to overcome the big points they were giving up. Because this years OOL schedule, which, with the exception of MD, has been pretty miserable, they haven’t had to get in shootouts.  2014 with Catalano, JJ Taylor, Ketteringham, McKinley, Spencer, Jackson, and Bonner was a more explosive group than what they have now.   Their last two games are against pass crazy Murietta Valley and Norco so expect to see some points go up.  Still, those two teams are a far cry from what they saw in 2014. 

I don’t think it’s a stretch that between TX, FL, GA there are 12 teams +\~ 2 that are better.  Add in MD, SJB, Bishop, now you’re up to 15.  AZ probably has three teams that would give them trouble so now we’re talking 18.  Take the best from DC/MD, OH, NJ and a number of other states and I think you could make a case that they are around 25 at best.  Rankings are just that, rank.  I think the level of play that MD/SJB have been at has obscured your view of where the rest of So Ca fits in nationally.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Although I’m a Cen10 fan, I don’t look at their performance through rose colored lenses.  The MD game showed that a team with a good downfield passing game would seriously expose the inexperience in the secondary.  A really good wide receiver forces them into double coverage and they have to bring in a nickel back that you saw getting beaten pretty badly.  The secondary hasn’t been this vulnerable since 2014 and they had to score a lot to overcome the big points they were giving up. Because this years OOL schedule, which, with the exception of MD, has been pretty miserable, they haven’t had to get in shootouts.  2014 with Catalano, JJ Taylor, Ketteringham, McKinley, Spencer, Jackson, and Bonner was a more explosive group than what they have now.   Their last two games are against pass crazy Murietta Valley and Norco so expect to see some points go up.  Still, those two teams are a far cry from what they saw in 2014. 

I don’t think it’s a stretch that between TX, FL, GA there are 12 teams +\~ 2 that are better.  Add in MD, SJB, Bishop, now you’re up to 15.  AZ probably has three teams that would give them trouble so now we’re talking 18.  Take the best from DC/MD, OH, NJ and a number of other states and I think you could make a case that they are around 25 at best.  Rankings are just that, rank.  I think the level of play that MD/SJB have been at has obscured your view of where the rest of So Ca fits in nationally.  

Man how soft this is 😂😂😂 

I’ve said it many times before. Thank God Logan, and now Catalano & others on the staff don’t believe in this soft shit the cen10 “fans” on here spew. If you want to be a regular program then operate like Santiago and Roosevelt. Simple. 

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

I’ve said it many times before. Thank God Logan, and now Catalano & others on the staff don’t believe in this soft shit the cen10 “fans” on here spew. If you want to be a regular program then operate like Santiago and Roosevelt. Simple. 

Sorry I triggered you with some truth.  But, I’ll play along.  Cen10 is definitely #3 in the country and JSerra, best 3-4 team in the nation😉

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Sorry I triggered you with some truth.  But, I’ll play along.  Cen10 is definitely #3 in the country and JSerra, best 3-4 team in the nation😉

No truth to that but maybe softcalfb will give you a like. Playing along with what? Who said that? Nobody. Lol. You’re #3 in the state and I’m sorry that pains you Lol. We get the agenda you and softcalfb want to push. As I’ve said many times, if you want to be regular then act like the other schools in your school district. You beat a school in your district that’s 1 mile away by 85 points. Be average if you want to be. Problem is that your coach and players don’t want to be. Funny how there’s no crying about equity when you beat a school in your same district that’s 1 mile away by 85 points. It’s ok when the huskies beat the shit out of mission viejo in the playoffs but if they lose to MD?!?! We can’t fathom that!!! MV has more resources than c10 too. How are you that much better? 😂No secret. Man I wonder how that could ever happen. Crazy! 🤭🤭🤭

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

I agree with you . Maybe they can improve and get 15-20 .

6 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

You’re #3 in the state and I’m sorry that pains you Lol. 

That doesn’t pain me at all.  Neither does 25 or so in the country.  That’s pretty damn good. 

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

You beat a school in your district that’s 1 mile away by 85

Cen10 should not be scheduling teams that are that bad.  It’s not good for either program. 

8 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

It’s ok when the huskies beat the shit out of mission viejo in the playoffs but if they lose to MD?!?

I NEVER said that.  I did say the close nature of the game was as much due to MD not playing all that well, but that  upset MD fans who want the victory over Cen10 to mean more than it was for national rankings.  I think the MD/JSerra game proved that MD can lay an egg every so often.  Nobody believes JSerra is really that good because they played MD close.  

15 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

MV has more resources than c10 too.

Bullshit.  MV has a number of guys playing both ways. 

17 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

No secret. Man I wonder how that could ever happen.

Because, MV has enjoyed the SO CA over- rated syndrome for some years now.  I think that was sufficiently exposed, just like Los Al getting hammered by AHP, then losing at home to AZ #5 or so.

21 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

We get the agenda you and softcalfb want to push

MD is battling for MNC’s, Centennial is hoping for a state title.  The ratings mean a lot more to you than Cen10 fans.  You’ve got the transparent agenda, just be honest about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, On2whls said:

Bullshit.  MV has a number of guys playing both ways. 

We clearly have a different understanding of what “resources” mean Lol.

I think that was sufficiently exposed, just like Los Al getting hammered by AHP, then losing at home to AZ #5 or so.

AHP is a top 5 Florida team and Los Al lost to the Az team without their best player. Los Al doesn’t have the depth of top teams. No secret. 

MD is battling for MNC’s, Centennial is hoping for a state title.  The ratings mean a lot more to you than Cen10 fans.  You’ve got the transparent agenda, just be honest about it.

MD is not battling for MNC’S. MD has been awarded MNC’S that they haven’t even claimed. Cen10 fans are crying about separation like they wouldn’t run the table without the top 2. It’s funny actually. No complaints about beating the shit out of a “peer” in the same district by 85 but have every issue with losing to the #1 team in the country by 3 scores. Lololol.

You CAN be Santiago or Roosevelt if you want to be. Your coaches, administrators, and boosters just don’t want to be. 

Again, sorry c10 is good and is seeking out quality opponents. That certainly bothers the fans more than the coaches and players. 😂

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

We clearly have a different understanding of what “resources” mean Lol.

AHP is a top 5 Florida team and Los Al lost to the Az team without their best player. Los Al doesn’t have the depth of top teams. No secret. 

MD is not battling for MNC’S. MD has been awarded MNC’S that they haven’t even claimed. Cen10 fans are crying about separation like they wouldn’t run the table without the top 2. It’s funny actually. No complaints about beating the shit out of a “peer” in the same district by 85 but have every issue with losing to the #1 team in the country by 3 scores. Lololol.

You CAN be Santiago or Roosevelt if you want to be. Your coaches, administrators, and boosters just don’t want to be. 

Again, sorry c10 is good and is seeking out quality opponents. That certainly bothers the fans more than the coaches and fans. 😂

If you believed a single word you said, then you should be a proponent of a four team highest tier SS playoff.  Or do you get off on having a first round blowout over an obviously inferior team.  You could even make a case that it should be three teams and give #1 a bye.  
MD/SJB/Cen10 have significant resource advantages over everyone else.  Why pretend other teams have a chance?  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, On2whls said:

If you believed a single word you said, then you should be a proponent of a four team highest tier SS playoff.  Or do you get off on having a first round blowout over an obviously inferior team.  You could even make a case that it should be three teams and give #1 a bye.  
MD/SJB/Cen10 have significant resource advantages over everyone else.  Why pretend other teams have a chance?  

Whose talking about a 4 team playoff? Whose talking about any playoff? I’ve said many times that there is a gap between #2 and #3 (not the case last year as #3 schooled #2 at home) but the gap between #3 and #4 is even more significant. No one is pretending others have a chance. That’s exactly what I’m saying. If MD and Bosco cease to exist, Cen10 is the runaway favorite for the open title. If you want to give MD a first round bye that’s fine. Cen10 fans have no problem beating the shit out of a CA power Mission viejo but have problems losing to other teams. All I’m saying. De La Salle won 150+ straight games. MD has won 24 in a row. Let’s sit tight and see how things play out Lol. We are at 1/6 of “the streak”

14 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

So much talent on the field. Electric environment. I enjoyed that one because IMG had about 12 fans and the rest of the visitors side was filled with MD haters from all over So Cal. 

reminds me, i remember Bru McCoy stated in an interview, MD losing to Bosco by a lot in the 2018 regular season, but beating them closely in the post-season, saying that MD got very cocky, overconfident, after beating IMG, thought they were invincible for a while. 

In regards to Corona Centennial, absolutely.

There aren't any other public schools in CA that have this attraction.  LB Poly did for a while, but now with SJB drawing a lot of those players, it's taken over 10 years to recover to where they are now. Hopefully LB Poly is on the rise to becoming elite, legit again.

Even though i have mentioned this enough times already, but in a different sport this time, a CA Public School has a much better chance at winning a Natty, an MNC, in HS Basketball than in HS football at the moment, Chino Hills and the Ball Brothers did that in 2016.

On 9/26/2022 at 5:11 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Just watching 5 pm update.  Hurricane warning TB area.  @181plyou’ve been quiet man.  Hope all is well.  Be safe. @Nolebull813are you in that area?  

For your “safety”, if you hear a guy yelling at the top of his lungs, “Steeler”… “where’s Steeler” wearing a LSU hat with “massive guns, believe that!”, make sure you are not drinking beer when this occurs.  

The drinking thread members would take this as a serious infraction spilling beer from an Ed Norton spasm of comic relief.  You don’t want possible double top secret probation.  😉 

Thx for the concern. I just watch the news closely. For whatever reason, my entire life storms seem to shy away from Tampa at the very last minute. Happened again. I feel terrible for the people in southwest Florida. I would’ve left, but when it turned there was no reason. But I was ready. Hope all is well. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 12:08 AM, GoBigBlack said:

Typically, when discussing anything related to athletics and “turning points,” one is discussing events that took place or actions that were taken which resulted in something different happening than what was occurring or expected to occur. You know, something roughly along those lines. But this is how post-game interviews should go according to you two —

Erin Andrews: “Wow, Tom! You were down 28-3 and came back to win the Super Bowl! What was the turning point in the game?!”

Tom Brady: “Well, Erin, if you look at the box score (turns to scoreboard), you can see that the other guys were scoring more points than we were up until the third quarter, then we started scoring more points than them. So the turning point was definitely the third quarter.”

Erin Andrews: “That’s absolutely right, Tom! Good job, and thanks for interpreting that line graph for us! Back to you in the studio, Jim!”

You two must be a riot at parties. Did you go to the same engineering school?

So, you disagree with the data or you’re a d-bag that likes sitcoms? 
(not a trick question)

Turning point/inflection/derivative for MD is what exactly according to you, Homer / gobigblack?

put simply, it takes time to change a program and 2011 was…according to the coach himself, the turning point. And, sure enough, according to data, record, alum and SJB alum, it was. 

Perhaps there’s a good ‘I love Lucy’ rerun on right now. Watch it.