Some California news

Ararar

4 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Now y’all know it really doesn’t matter how many teams or who is in it D1 😂

That may be true, but you can’t put Cen10 in the next bracket down.  They’ve got to either get a lot better, or a lot worse to win something beyond league. And, this new league is turning out to be no better than before.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, On2whls said:

That may be true, but you can’t put Cen10 in the next bracket down.  They’ve got to either get a lot better, or a lot worse to win something beyond league. And, this new league is turning out to be no better than before.  

I understand where you’re coming from but the numbers don’t back that up. Right now the Big West is the #3 league in the state and  #1 public school league. 

On 10/14/2022 at 10:14 PM, HurricaneNick said:

This wasn’t their best schedule for sure but we have to remember that many schools aren’t willing to play Cen10. The fans on here can claim whatever they want but when they run up the score 85-0 against schools in their district then I understand. MD at least has the decency to cap the win against La Mirada at 35. Scoring 85 is a big fuck you and teams realize that. SM is not good, they lost to OLu brother. OLu. Lol. 

C10 is legit and may not beat the top 2 but they’re simply much better than the rest of so cal. 400-71????? That’s crazy. Poly and MV are both really good. Better than Los AL. I like Chaminade too after watching them tonight. There are a lot of average teams but the top 5 is clear to me. Los al will be who they’ve been when the two studs graduate. The programs are in place. MD Bosco C10 MV Poly will be back next year and the year after that. 

as typical, CC, Poly and MV, won't be good enough to finally dethrone either MD or Bosco, i don't see the current landscape changing anytime soon

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.925f4d07a00e47d53e1f24f41580631c.jpeg

Last nights poor performance might not be enough to do the trick.  They may need a lackluster performance next week as well.  I think the flu going around is about to peak at Edison this week.  

Hopefully the bracket is TL top four, Cen10, LBP, MV, Los Al.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

IMO there’s a good chance D1 is 12 teams. There isn’t a big difference between 8 and 12 in terms of power rating. 

lol, that would be an epic twist for any team intentionally sandbagging for those #9-#12 spots and good news for the nor cal rep.

• Haha 2

On 10/22/2022 at 9:25 AM, On2whls said:

Last nights poor performance might not be enough to do the trick.  They may need a lackluster performance next week as well.  I think the flu going around is about to peak at Edison this week.  

Hopefully the bracket is TL top four, Cen10, LBP, MV, Los Al.  

Ok, but here's a reminder that Edison has a win over the #3 Trinity League team.

OLu's game with JSerra this week is going to be very interesting.

https://m0.sportsjoe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/23150303/wrestling-KO.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

Malachi Nelson of Los Al, he doesn't seem to be passing for as many yards as he was last season, anyway, i see Los Al likely losing in the second round of the playoffs, and CC likely losing in the semi's

This reads like it was written by an early version of the MaxPreps AI story generator bot.

On 10/22/2022 at 7:51 AM, Cal 14 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.925f4d07a00e47d53e1f24f41580631c.jpeg

Chaminade must be Britney Sears fans cuz “oops, they did it again”.  OLU somehow couldn’t muster much offense against mighty JSerra.   They should both be sentenced to the 8 team bracket and let Edison play competition appropriate in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Chaminade must be Britney Sears fans cuz “oops, they did it again”.  OLU somehow couldn’t muster much offense against mighty JSerra.   They should both be sentenced to the 8 team bracket and let Edison play competition appropriate in the playoffs.

Rooting for a 12 team D1. The three 3rd place Trinity teams, Serra and Chaminade would all be in that bracket.

10 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Watch out for a surging Sierra Canyon in D2.

I’m curious to see how undefeated Hesperia Oak Hills does.  Sure, their schedule sucked but they had good wins over Apple Valley and Citrus Valley which aren’t terrible.  Would like to see Edison play them rather than get nailed in the big bracket

On 10/29/2022 at 8:39 AM, On2whls said:

image.png.1b27371e283731171768a157896ebe28.png

• Haha 3