Some California news

Ararar

9 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

So, you disagree with the data or you’re a d-bag that likes sitcoms? 
(not a trick question)

Turning point/inflection/derivative for MD is what exactly according to you, Homer / gobigblack?

put simply, it takes time to change a program and 2011 was…according to the coach himself, the turning point. And, sure enough, according to data, record, alum and SJB alum, it was. 

Perhaps there’s a good ‘I love Lucy’ rerun on right now. Watch it. 

No, I don’t disagree. I do believe calling a period in time with no reference to anything specific whatsoever a “turning point” is about as insightful as a bag of hair, however, but you’re free to think how you’d like. 

My wife and I lost our baby last week and I hopped on to do nothing but bullshit about some football and get my mind off things. Instead, my opinion and my intelligence were attacked, both unprompted and for no discernible reason whatsoever. I respect your opinion, but if you’re an asshole to others, especially about an opinion that, in particular, happens to be extremely fucking stupid, I’ll gladly let you know. So if it’s your opinion that makes me a “d-bag,” well ok then. You do you. 

• Sad 3

19 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I’m referring to the quality of the team, not some publication’s rankings as of 10/14 (which factor in losses to teams not from California.)

I’m not talking about rankings. MV and Poly are located in Southern California. You want los Al to be #4 because they lost on the road to a team from Florida. According to you, Bosco was a much more quality team than Mater Dei, in fact you thought they were so much better they’d put up a running clock win. You truly are the So Cal football expert Lol. Anyway, huge game for Lakeland tonight against Florida's #387th ranked team. Good luck! 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I’m not talking about rankings. MV and Poly are located in Southern California. You want los Al to be #4 because they lost on the road to a team from Florida. According to you, Bosco was a much more quality team than Mater Dei, in fact you thought they were so much better they’d put up a running clock win. You truly are the So Cal football expert Lol. Anyway, huge game for Lakeland tonight against Florida's #387th ranked team. Good luck! 

I want people to be honest about where Los Al should be ranked in California. No one here would, in real life, be willing to risk any meaningful amount of their own money betting on Poly or Mission Viejo (the “other” two teams rated above Los Al) to beat this Los Al team. Ditto San Mateo Serra and Folsom. And Corona Centennial would likely be a toss-up, mega shootout. 

The flip side to having two absolutely dominant powerhouses in a region is that they’ve taken a large number of the top players away from the other former powers. It’s a duopoly on talent for The Big 1 (MD) and the Lesser 1 (SJB). 

(Yes, I entertain myself with these comments.)

3 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

No, I don’t disagree. I do believe calling a period in time with no reference to anything specific whatsoever a “turning point” is about as insightful as a bag of hair, however, but you’re free to think how you’d like. 

My wife and I lost our baby last week and I hopped on to do nothing but bullshit about some football and get my mind off things. Instead, my opinion and my intelligence were attacked, both unprompted and for no discernible reason whatsoever. I respect your opinion, but if you’re an asshole to others, especially about an opinion that, in particular, happens to be extremely fucking stupid, I’ll gladly let you know. So if it’s your opinion that makes me a “d-bag,” well ok then. You do you. 

Brother, my sincerest condolences for your loss.  I am very sorry and prayers to to you and your family.  

🙏

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I want people to be honest about where Los Al should be ranked in California.

Based on the season results so far, Los Al is correct to be #6 in SoCal. 

However, IMO they are the 4th best team in SoCal and are actually playing pretty good football right now. I would pick them to beat both Mission and Poly. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

This is Heartbreaking…. Prayers to you and your wife….

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

However, IMO they are the 4th best team in SoCal and are actually playing pretty good football right now. I would pick them to beat both Mission and Poly. 

I agree with you on Los Al…. I would take them over MV, and Poly…. Their offense is awesome….

I think a Los Al vs Cen10 Matchup would be amazing as Los Al seems to have the kind of offense that can keep up with Cen10….

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I agree with you on Los Al…. I would take them over MV, and Poly…. Their offense is awesome….

I think a Los Al vs Cen10 Matchup would be amazing as Los Al seems to have the kind of offense that can keep up with Cen10….

Corona centennial would run the ball for 8 yards a pop on los Al Lol. MV is a bad matchup for Los Al. Better coached, balanced, and good up front. Poly has the defense to beat them and the corner to go to head up with Lemon. I think they’d be good games but give me MV and Poly over los Al. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I appreciate the candid take. And, I think (hope) we can agree nobody in the northern half of the state is better than the top 6 in SoCal.

18 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I appreciate the candid take. And, I think (hope) we can agree nobody in the northern half of the state is better than the top 6 in SoCal.

I would say that Serra, Folsom and ST Mary’s could all beat MV and LBP….

I think Cen10 and Los Al have too much Offense for those Nor Cal teams…. 

I am not disagreeing with the rankings,  because those So Cal Teams would be favored in each game, I am just saying those teams could win if the games were played….

• Like 1

Just now, THEOC89 said:

I would say that Serra, Folsom and ST Mary’s could all beat MV and LBP….

I think Cen10 and Los Al have too much Offense for those Nor Cal teams…. 

I am not disagreeing with the rankings,  because those So Cal Teams would be favored in each game, I am just saying those teams could win if the games were played….

Agreed.  Outside of MD/SJB which are “complete” teams,  the other 4 of the top 6 So Ca teams have some flaw that could be exposed by the wrong matchup.  Cen10 is pretty complete except for a secondary that could struggle especially against a team like Los Al, but they would probably handle business against anybody from NorCal this year. 

Serra lost to MD 44-7 last year but what would the score be if they (MD) play MV, LBP, or Los Al?   Those teams likely fare no better.   It’s hard to judge Serra against So Ca because of who they played in the championship. 

There’s not many data points to go by.  Folsom lost to a pretty good Cathedral team, but DLS and Cen10 handled them pretty easily because they could minimize the beast of a back Cathedral had.  He ran for something like 420 yds against OLU.  If Folsom didn’t have to commit so much against the run, they win that game.  That’s where the specific matchups figure in. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, badrouter said:

I want people to be honest about where Los Al should be ranked in California. No one here would, in real life, be willing to risk any meaningful amount of their own money betting on Poly or Mission Viejo (the “other” two teams rated above Los Al) to beat this Los Al team. Ditto San Mateo Serra and Folsom. And Corona Centennial would likely be a toss-up, mega shootout. 

I haven't watched Poly or Mission but Centennial would wreck Los Al. This match up might happen. 

I'll lay 17 to you for whatever amount you're willing to put up

• Like 1

Just now, On2whls said:

Agreed.  Outside of MD/SJB which are “complete” teams,  the other 4 of the top 6 So Ca teams have some flaw that could be exposed by the wrong matchup.  Cen10 is pretty complete except for a secondary that could struggle especially against a team like Los Al, but they would probably handle business against anybody from NorCal this year. 

Outside of Lemon,  nobody on Los Al is scaring anybody on the outside. Last night,  he was barely used, but the two or three possession he played on offense he scored once and had a huge gain in the other.  That offense being explosive is predicated on him, nobody else

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1