Some California news

Ararar

13 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I haven't watched Poly or Mission but Centennial would wreck Los Al. This match up might happen. 

I'll lay 17 to you for whatever amount you're willing to put up

I’m not ready to comment with certainty on CC-Los Al, beyond speculating that it would be a shootout. I am saying Los Al is a top 4 team in the state. So, being #4 and looking at blowout losses to the top 3 wouldn’t be in disagreement with that.

15 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Outside of Lemon,  nobody on Los Al is scaring anybody on the outside. Last night,  he was barely used, but the two or three possession he played on offense he scored once and had a huge gain in the other.  That offense being explosive is predicated on him, nobody else

Is Lemon Hurt?….

Los Al still put up 50+ on what was supposed to be a Very Good Edision team…. Or is is a situation where Edison is not as good as originally thought?….

11 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Is Lemon Hurt?….

Los Al still put up 50+ on what was supposed to be a Very Good Edision team…. Or is is a situation where Edison is not as good as originally thought?….

Not sure.  

Edison was small upfront and Los Al just ran all over them.  The HB for Los Al was the biggest kid on the field when Edison was on defense and he had to have had 200+ yards

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I’m not ready to comment with certainty on CC-Los Al, beyond speculating that it would be a shootout. I am saying Los Al is a top 4 team in the state. So, being #4 and looking at blowout losses to the top 3 wouldn’t be in disagreement with that.

I'm hoping Los Al gets to 5th just to see them play Poly.  I haven't watched Poly, but if they can guard Lemon I'm sure they're plenty strong upfront to not have what happened to Edison last night

4 hours ago, steeler01 said:

I'm hoping Los Al gets to 5th just to see them play Poly.  I haven't watched Poly, but if they can guard Lemon I'm sure they're plenty strong upfront to not have what happened to Edison last night

Poly has this kid to put on Lemon

LSU TIGERS

HARD COMMIT - 5/16/2022

Daylen Austin

CB 

6-1 

Timeline

HIGH SCHOOLLong Beach Poly

CITYLong Beach, CA

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

Poly has this kid to put on Lemon

LSU TIGERS

HARD COMMIT - 5/16/2022

Daylen Austin

CB 

6-1 

Timeline

HIGH SCHOOLLong Beach Poly

CITYLong Beach, CA

I tried to tell them Lol.

SM scored 50 on Los Al, Cen10 could score 85 on them.

Poly and MV aren’t good matchups for Los Al. Mission out schemes them and Poly has the athletes. Los Al has given us zero reason to believe they beat either of those teams. Certainly not beating C10.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

Centennial is out scoring its opponents not named Mater Dei 400 to 71! 

Lol

#EQUITY 

Yes, But this is one of The Weakest Cen10 Schedules in Recent Memory…

The TL other then MD and SJB is not very good, Edison was Vetted out to be Not all that great and they dominated OLU…. Any you yourself have your doubts about Los Al and they put up 69 points on SM….

Overall I would say there is just a lot of average teams in So Cal this year…. 

The MD/SJB Effect seems to not be making anyone better but instead everyone worse…. So Cal is Starting to Look Like Nor Cal has looked for the past 20 years…. 🤣

10 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

The TL other then MD and SJB is not very good, Edison was Vetted out to be Not all that great and they dominated OLU…. Any you yourself have your doubts about Los Al and they put up 69 points on SM….

The MD/SJB Effect seems to not be making anyone better but instead everyone worse…. So Cal is Starting to Look Like Nor Cal has looked for the past 20 years…. 🤣

This wasn’t their best schedule for sure but we have to remember that many schools aren’t willing to play Cen10. The fans on here can claim whatever they want but when they run up the score 85-0 against schools in their district then I understand. MD at least has the decency to cap the win against La Mirada at 35. Scoring 85 is a big fuck you and teams realize that. SM is not good, they lost to OLu brother. OLu. Lol. 

C10 is legit and may not beat the top 2 but they’re simply much better than the rest of so cal. 400-71????? That’s crazy. Poly and MV are both really good. Better than Los AL. I like Chaminade too after watching them tonight. There are a lot of average teams but the top 5 is clear to me. Los al will be who they’ve been when the two studs graduate. The programs are in place. MD Bosco C10 MV Poly will be back next year and the year after that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

😂 it really is. Forgone conclusion every season now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

😂 it really is. Forgone conclusion every season now.

HA!!… SS D1 is Becoming the NCS Circa 1991 to Present… 🤣

After this year it will be 7 years since Anyone Else not named MD or SJB wins SS D1…. They are almost 25% of the way to becoming the NCS… 🤣🤣

9 hours ago, steeler01 said:

I can see Centennial winning by something like 59-41, whereby you’d win the bet. That’s why I can’t take it now.

• Like 1

If the playoffs started next week here would be the D1 matchups based on Calpreps rankings. It is possible to see changes between teams 4 through 7 even if they all win out because there is very little separation currently in their rating score. SOS impacts rankings so Poly may drop because of the Moore League effect, and OLu (even after they lose to Bosco) could overtake Edison.

#1 MD vs #8 Edison

#4 Poly vs #5 MV

#3 Cen10 v #6 Los Al

#2 Bosco vs #7 Chaminade

• Like 1

One of the reasons they looked so good against Edison is that the Chargers never adjusted in D to the running game.  Their D-line was getting manhandled and they never sent any LBs to reinforce them.  As a result, the RB never saw any defender until he was 6-7 yards downfield almost every run.  The running lanes were consistently really wide.

Agreeing with @steeler01, when Lemon left the game, their 5* QB looked largely lost for most of the game.

San Mateo Serra, Folsom, and St. Mary’s are all just as well-coached as Edison, but with better athletes.  Those would be good games (with Lemon playing at WR), but I don’t think Los Al would be clear favorites at all.  Without him, the Griffins would be in big trouble.

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

If the playoffs started next week here would be the D1 matchups based on Calpreps rankings. It is possible to see changes between teams 4 through 7 even if they all win out because there is very little separation currently in their rating score. SOS impacts rankings so Poly may drop because of the Moore League effect, and OLu (even after they lose to Bosco) could overtake Edison.

#1 MD vs #8 Edison

#4 Poly vs #5 MV

#3 Cen10 v #6 Los Al

#2 Bosco vs #7 Chaminade

As long as MV keeps winning, Poly’s rating isn’t going anywhere.

OLu could lose to SJB 100-0 and there’s a 50-50 chance that it wouldn’t impact their rating even a single bit.  The only way they get any boost from that game is if they stay within 30 and I wouldn’t count on that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

#1 MD vs #8 Edison

#4 Poly vs #5 MV

#3 Cen10 v #6 Los Al

#2 Bosco vs #7 Chaminade

Whoever TL3 is, needs to be in the bracket.  Edison, barely beat San Clemente.  No guarantee they would do well in the next bracket down.