Some California news

Ararar

3 hours ago, old_e said:

Nice assessment . Hopefully, they can tighten up the defense. They're going to need some stops against Punahou and BG.

I think they’ll be okay with Punahou.  It’s the game with Liberty AZ that could expose them.  They aren’t ready offensively to get into a shootout with a team at that level, and Liberty can chuck the ball downfield. If the total score is under 50, I would go with Cen10.  50-60 toss up.  Over 60, I think Liberty wins.  Maybe next year they’ll be a point or more a minute team against OOL competition. 
BG just has too much on both sides.  That game won’t be close.

9 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

I think they will be okay vs Punahou and Liberty. The BG game won't be a game for long. It's a real possibility to lose 3/4 games this season which in that case they don't deserve to be in the top division. 

If they beat Punahou and Liberty, then lose to the Bishop, they’ll have two losses.  Do you think they are vulnerable in league?

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

If they beat Punahou and Liberty, then lose to the Bishop, they’ll have two losses.  Do you think they are vulnerable in league?

I think Liberty could get them if they don't take them serious imo. League play is tough maybe Murriera Valley with Bauchmier if it's a shootout but that's a long shot

1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

I think Liberty could get them if they don't take them serious imo. League play is tough maybe Murriera Valley with Bauchmier if it's a shootout but that's a long shot

In all likelihood c10 goes 8-2 in the regular season. With the 2 loses being to top national teams, they will be either 3 or 4 in Calpreps rankings for playoff seedlings. Chances are Mission runs the table to 10-0 but they haven’t scheduled any of the big boys like c10 has.

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Mission Viejo was up 11 with 5 minutes left and are now losing by 4 to poly with 25 seconds left. Chad Johnson!

Tough loss for the Diablos.  They’ll likely move down just a couple of spots locally, but nationally should be a big adjustment.

Meanwhile OLU shots out Eastside Catholic on the road 20-0.  The rest of the Trinity League took care of business against so-so competition but in some cases by big scores.  MD needs a statement game tomorrow. 

On 8/31/2023 at 1:30 PM, Bodysurf said:

In all likelihood c10 goes 8-2 in the regular season. With the 2 loses being to top national teams, they will be either 3 or 4 in Calpreps rankings for playoff seedlings. Chances are Mission runs the table to 10-0 but they haven’t scheduled any of the big boys like c10 has.

Calling it now, MV goes 9-1 at best. 

• Haha 2