Some California news

Ararar

23 hours ago, On2whls said:

Tough loss for the Diablos.  They’ll likely move down just a couple of spots locally, but nationally should be a big adjustment.

Meanwhile OLU shots out Eastside Catholic on the road 20-0.  The rest of the Trinity League took care of business against so-so competition but in some cases by big scores.  MD needs a statement game tomorrow. 

Didn’t necessarily NEED it, but definitely statement-ed tomorrow tonight. 

Here is how to watch SJB @ Kahuku tomorrow:

- Download the "Spectrum News" app.

- No need to sign in with a Spectrum account.

- When prompted for a location enter 96731 which is the zip for Kahuku, HI.

- You should be able to watch the local HI channels on the app for a month for free and without having a Spectrum account.

Game time is tomorrow at 9 PM PDT and is on channel Spectrum OC16.

Screenshot_20230915-210710.thumb.png.26c8b2731ed5d8b25a4a3cdcbc8b562e.png

Screenshot_20230915-210553.thumb.png.3c580bceb005c17594cb88d687a43791.png

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Here is how to watch SJB @ Kahuku tomorrow:

- Download the "Spectrum News" app.

- No need to sign in with a Spectrum account.

- When prompted for a location enter 96731 which is the zip for Kahuku, HI.

- You should be able to watch the local HI channels on the app for a month for free and without having a Spectrum account.

Game time is tomorrow at 9 PM PDT and is on channel Spectrum OC16.

Screenshot_20230915-210710.thumb.png.26c8b2731ed5d8b25a4a3cdcbc8b562e.png

Screenshot_20230915-210553.thumb.png.3c580bceb005c17594cb88d687a43791.png

Thanks for the info . I am really enjoying watching Bosco this season. Incredible team with a ton of upside. Their offense is explosive and defense is nasty . Hard  to pick against MD as always, but I wouldn't bet against Bosco . Though, Bosco it seems every year has a stinker outside of MD. Hope tomorrow ain't it

11 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Though, Bosco it seems every year has a stinker outside of MD. Hope tomorrow ain't it

If they have a stinker it could be against RSM.  RSM has two weeks off to prepare and heal up any nicks.  They would have to play near perfect and SJB would need to have a letdown.  I doubt that happens, but it’s the only possible scenario for their “stinker”.

40 minutes ago, On2whls said:

If they have a stinker it could be against RSM.  RSM has two weeks off to prepare and heal up any nicks.  They would have to play near perfect and SJB would need to have a letdown.  I doubt that happens, but it’s the only possible scenario for their “stinker”.

Is rsm any good this year ? Haven't paid attn.

19 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Is rsm any good this year ? Haven't paid attn.

Well, your hunch on SJB turned out to be right.   I doubt there will be two consecutive stinkers.

As for RSM, I think they are right there with LBP,MV, Los Al this year.  With OLU down to a freshman QB, RSM may end up 3rd in TL.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, On2whls said:

Well, your hunch on SJB turned out to be right.   I doubt there will be two consecutive stinkers.

As for RSM, I think they are right there with LBP,MV, Los Al this year.  With OLU down to a freshman QB, RSM may end up 3rd in TL.  

Did their starter get hurt or was the freshman there all year?  

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Did their starter get hurt or was the freshman there all year?  

They lost the starter against Chandler and the back up on Friday night.  Ironically, the loss might be “okay”.  They’ll finish at best 6-4 so they’ll get to avoid the 8 team bracket.   Sierra Canyon on the other hand has likely played themselves into the 8 team bracket so no title chance this year. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

They lost the starter against Chandler and the back up on Friday night.  Ironically, the loss might be “okay”.  They’ll finish at best 6-4 so they’ll get to avoid the 8 team bracket.   Sierra Canyon on the other hand has likely played themselves into the 8 team bracket so no title chance this year. 

Lol . The reward for being successful is now thay have to be sacrificial lambs 

3 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Lol . The reward for being successful is now thay have to be sacrificial lambs 

Yup, last year CIF expanded the bracket to 10 but issued first round byes to 6 teams.  Edison unfortunately was one of the lambs that should not have been there.  Lost their shot at a title for next level down.  Now look at them.  The year before, Norco paid the price, they’re basically a nobody now.  I totally get Cen10, and MV shouldn’t have a pass, but after MD, SJB, Cen10,MV, and insert TL 3 and 4, a team with a good record but no demonstrated success at the highest level shouldn’t end up as bracket filler, especially if they aren’t even a lock to make it to the 1AA title game. 

• Like 1