Some California news

Ararar

On 9/17/2023 at 4:07 PM, On2whls said:

Yup, last year CIF expanded the bracket to 10 but issued first round byes to 6 teams.  Edison unfortunately was one of the lambs that should not have been there.  Lost their shot at a title for next level down.  Now look at them.  The year before, Norco paid the price, they’re basically a nobody now.  I totally get Cen10, and MV shouldn’t have a pass, but after MD, SJB, Cen10,MV, and insert TL 3 and 4, a team with a good record but no demonstrated success at the highest level shouldn’t end up as bracket filler, especially if they aren’t even a lock to make it to the 1AA title game. 

The southern Section should just go to a San Diego Style 4 team open Division…. That would be best for HSFB down there….

You don’t need 8-10 teams to tell us all that MD and SJB will be in the finals…. Sure you can have a Servite rise up like they did 2 years ago or Cen10 possibly pull off an upset like they almost did….

MD and SJB has sucked the life out of D1 which used to be an exciting playoff Bracket in So Cal every year…. Having a 4 team San Diego style open would be so much better for HSFB in So Cal and create a lot more excitement around the playoffs for non MD and SJB fans and teams…. It works great in San Diego…

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Worst kept secret on the street MD has a QB coming in from outta state next year just wait on it. Might surprise some folks on this board lol 

Next year's QB is a current Freshman.

Furian Inferrera, top 2027 high school quarterback prospect, enrolls at Mater Dei - Sports Illustrated High School News, Analysis and More

25 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Julian Lewis 2026 QB committed to USC will have something to say about that 

Agree that Cole leaving is a surprise to nobody

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Julian Lewis 2026 QB committed to USC will have something to say about that 

Agree that Cole leaving is a surprise to nobody

I've noticed the internet rumors about Julian Lewis transferring to MD. I question the credibility of these rumors. I will believe it when I see it. And who knows whether he is better than Inferrera?

19 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I've noticed the internet rumors about Julian Lewis transferring to MD. I question the credibility of these rumors. I will believe it when I see it. And who knows whether he is better than Inferrera?

Inferrera is still splitting time on the freshman team. Lewis will probably reclassify to 2025 and is good enough that Lincoln Riley passed on a QB this 2024 cycle. Will be interesting to see how it happens but I’m hearing HS NIL in CA and the USC commitment are heavy factors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Inferrera is still splitting time on the freshman team. Lewis will probably reclassify to 2025 and is good enough that Lincoln Riley passed on a QB this 2024 cycle. Will be interesting to see how it happens but I’m hearing HS NIL in CA and the USC commitment are heavy factors. 

Do you know of any current MD players with there own individual  NIL deals?  (Not deals afford to the whole team)