Some California news

Ararar

13 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Logan didn’t pull the #4 quarterback in the country out of Inglewood to only put up 14 points against Mater Dei. Longstreet threw for 4,000 yards at Inglewood last year. Most impactful transfer in So Cal this year?

IMG_0210.jpeg

Without question.  However.  Dude hasn't even dreamed of anything as nasty as this pissed off MD D before.  Not to mention it's game 1 on an unfamiliar team in an unfamiliar stadium.  Hell, MD's starters have all played more games on that field than Longstreet has.  Yes, more than 14 pts bc MD calls off the dogs in the second half.  Only Servite would get the 60+ treatment from MD.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Logan didn’t pull the #4 quarterback in the country out of Inglewood to only put up 14 points against Mater Dei. Longstreet threw for 4,000 yards at Inglewood last year. Most impactful transfer in So Cal this year?

IMG_0210.jpeg

Sure, they got a QB with great potential.  Didn’t do much against Rancho Cucamonga or Sierra Canyon last year though and they aren’t exactly lockdown defenses.  Plus. The QB in Cen10’s offense has to be a good runner so we’ll have to see how well he does.  I hope Logan doesn’t platoon him.

As for impactful how you gonna measure that?   They gonna beat the crappy teams 160-10 instead of 80-10?   

Ate you suggesting that he’ll be enough to lead Cen10 past MD, the Bishop, and through the playoff run?  

At best they end up 9-3 with a second round playoff exit.  That will be pretty much par for the course.  

The MD secondary will have to work a little harder maybe in this years game so I suppose you can count that.

39 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Sure, they got a QB with great potential.  Didn’t do much against Rancho Cucamonga or Sierra Canyon last year though and they aren’t exactly lockdown defenses.  Plus. The QB in Cen10’s offense has to be a good runner so we’ll have to see how well he does.  I hope Logan doesn’t platoon him.

As for impactful how you gonna measure that?   They gonna beat the crappy teams 160-10 instead of 80-10?   

Ate you suggesting that he’ll be enough to lead Cen10 past MD, the Bishop, and through the playoff run?  

At best they end up 9-3 with a second round playoff exit.  That will be pretty much par for the course.  

The MD secondary will have to work a little harder maybe in this years game so I suppose you can count that.

I think Cen10 may suprise people and Beat The Bishop…. 

The Fact BG did not play MD again this year is telling…. They don't believe they could win and didn’t want to suffer a blowout loss that would tank their national ranking…. 

They are likely not as good as last year which is why they ratcheted down their schedule and went for Cen10 over MD….

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

The Fact BG did not play MD again this year is telling…. They don't believe they could win and didn’t want to suffer a blowout loss that would tank their national ranking…. 

They are likely not as good as last year which is why they ratcheted down their schedule and went for Cen10 over MD….

I agree with this. Gorman is playing Miami Central so a win against them, who they should beat, will greatly help their cause.

I think BG is playing their cards by hoping that MD and Bosco split their season series again (like 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022) and they can claim the MNC since they are undefeated. Obviously a lot of 'what ifs' for this to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

If the game was at Cen10, maybe the Huskies keep it close, but the game is in Vegas.  I don’t think there’s a single player on Cen10’s roster with any travel experience.  That will be a factor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

If the game was at Cen10, maybe the Huskies keep it close, but the game is in Vegas.  I don’t think there’s a single player on Cen10’s roster with any travel experience.  That will be a factor.

What is Corona to Vegas, a 4 hour bus ride? I don’t know if its really that big of a deal? Maybe, but maybe not.

I’ve been actually doing a lot of research on home-field advantage and the more and more I research I see, it really is way less impactful than people think. Teams personnel, style of play, injuries etc are more important factors. In fact I believe home field advantage is now worth about 1.5 points on average, down from 3 points. It’s obviously fluid. But I am a little biased, I have always been a “road dog” fan and gravitated that way. You win some and you lose some 😂.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I agree with this. Gorman is playing Miami Central so a win against them, who they should beat, will greatly help their cause.

I think BG is playing their cards by hoping that MD and Bosco split their season series again (like 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022) and they can claim the MNC since they are undefeated. Obviously a lot of 'what ifs' for this to happen.

"But, but, but.....it's because the Nevada rules changed.   Had to add one more NV game to the schedule.  We didn't want it to be MD, but that's just how it worked out.  We would have totally beaten them this year."  Uh huh. 🤣

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

I hear what you are saying but it’s not very far to travel to BG…. Miami Central to BG is a much rougher trip with the time change, etc…. 

I think it is a close game, would probably pick BG in the Pick em but it would be a low point pick for me because it wouldn’t surprise me to see Cen10 pull the upset….

Hopefully @Cossacks puts the game in the Pick’em…. 🤣

• Like 2

100%!…. BG has the Deck stacked in their favor…. SJB playing SFA, STA and MD Twice…. MD has SFA and SJB Twice….. SFA has MD, SJB and IMG…

BG’s toughest games are Cen10 at home and MC at home with a 6 hour plane ride and 3 hour time difference…. BG knew exactly what they were doing this year when they declined to play MD…..

If MD and SJB lose it will come down to BG or IMG…. I don’t think there is anyway SFA goes Undefeated with their schedule….

13 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

100%!…. BG has the Deck stacked in their favor…. SJB playing SFA, STA and MD Twice…. MD has SFA and SJB Twice….. SFA has MD, SJB and IMG…

BG’s toughest games are Cen10 at home and MC at home with a 6 hour plane ride and 3 hour time difference…. BG knew exactly what they were doing this year when they declined to play MD…..

If MD and SJB lose it will come down to BG or IMG…. I don’t think there is anyway SFA goes Undefeated with their schedule….

Exactly! 

A 1-loss MD, SJB or SFA would be way more deserving than an undefeated BG. Unfortunately, voters are enamored by a team having zero loses, rather than their full body of work.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MD87 said:

"But, but, but.....it's because the Nevada rules changed.   Had to add one more NV game to the schedule.  We didn't want it to be MD, but that's just how it worked out.  We would have totally beaten them this year."  Uh huh. 🤣

I don’t know man. If we look back the past 20 years I don’t know how many programs have scheduled as ambitiously as the Bishop. To me they get a pass on their schedules. I really don’t think they have anything to prove as to their pedigree in that regards. 

I really don’t buy the subscription that teams schedule to secure a national championship? It’s so subjective and just an opinion and mythical that I would think great coaches would schedule teams to make their programs better and experiences for their kids. Maybe I’m wrong on that? 

• Like 1

Exactly! 

A 1-loss MD, SJB or SFA would be way more deserving than an undefeated BG. Unfortunately, voters are enamored by a team having zero loses, rather than their full body of work.

A 1 loss SFA would even be more Deserving as well because that would mean they would have gone 3-1 against MD or SJB, IMG and The GA team they are playing that is ranked in the top 10…. Going 3-1 against that group would be really impressive!….

8 hours ago, On2whls said:

I’m simply saying that one of the best coaches in the country is now working with the best arm talent he’s ever seen. (Quote below) 

That’s why I think it’s not going to be a 14 point performance from Cen10. I would love for the MD defense to only give up 14 points tonight. 

IMG_5991.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Exactly! 

Gorman is in great shape. Gorman and Duncanville have extremely underwhelming schedules this year. At least DV will see somebody in the playoffs. Gormans schedule is done after Cen10. That game is played on September 9th. 

• Like 1