Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Hurricane, do you think SJB has a real shot repeating this season vs MD, or is MD supposed to be a step up this season ?

I think MD is a step above. Better in the trenches and a ton of experience. Bringing back 10/11 on defense is big. Same DC. New OC but he has a bunch of experience and plenty to work with . Shouldn’t lose a game but I’m also not going to say Bosco has no chance to win. They have a really good back 7 on D, great WR’s and some studs at running back. If they can get solid QB play they could be a problem. Their game against Aquinas will be telling. I hope they win that one. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Good pick up for the Diablos

That kid is an absolute stud. Probably the best player from Norcal for the class of 2025. 

Also Nick, I'm hearing there's another Sacramento kid who is only a freshmen who is getting it looked at for starting on MD's varsity team. Linemen named Lex. That's all I got. 

47 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

That kid is an absolute stud. Probably the best player from Norcal for the class of 2025. 

Also Nick, I'm hearing there's another Sacramento kid who is only a freshmen who is getting it looked at for starting on MD's varsity team. Linemen named Lex. That's all I got. 

That is true. You are talking about Lex Mailangi.

8 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Lex has gotten some time running with the starters throughout the summer. I would be surprised if he isn’t a starter week 1. 

Edit: after day 1 of camp Monarch, he looked pretty damn good at right guard next to Brandon Baker.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 3:40 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Lex has gotten some time running with the starters throughout the summer. I would be surprised if he isn’t a starter week 1. 

Edit: after day 1 of camp Monarch, he looked pretty damn good at right guard next to Brandon Baker.

Watched some tape of this kid.  Absolute monster.  MD OL gonna be just fine next year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

According to Calpreps Friday's big game isn't really one to watch cen10 will be lucky to score 😂

IMG_0085.jpeg

It will be interesting to see how the coaching change at MD impacts how much they score.  MD took the foot of the pedal early in the third quarter last season.  I figure Cen10 is good for 14pts. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Yeah that's more like it cuz we all know the outcome of the game anyways lol 

It might be a lot like 2014.  OOL losses to MD and the Bishop, wild shootout with Liberty AZ instead of OLU, tougher than expected games with Punahu and RSM instead of LBP and Valencia.   But, the playoffs won’t work out the same way.  Be good to see another game with MV though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

It might be a lot like 2014.  OOL losses to MD and the Bishop, wild shootout with Liberty AZ instead of OLU, tougher than expected games with Punahu and RSM instead of LBP and Valencia.   But, the playoffs won’t work out the same way.  Be good to see another game with MV though.

How is MV looking this season? They got an absolute stud transfer from Sacramento in Phillip Bell. Ive seen him play and he was dominating as a sophmore. 

8 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

How is MV looking this season? They got an absolute stud transfer from Sacramento in Phillip Bell. Ive seen him play and he was dominating as a sophmore. 

They may have the best OL in the state.  They’re pretty strong all around as usual.  Still their benchmark is Cen10, not MD/SJB.   Getting a rematch with Cen10 and possibly beating them is the higher reasonable expectation for them. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, On2whls said:

I was telling a buddy of mines that this team has a similar feel to 2014. But the you're right the ending won't be the same lol. I find it hard now a days to get up for the season when in a way everyone knows the ending 🙁

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

I was telling a buddy of mines that this team has a similar feel to 2014. But the you're right the ending won't be the same lol. I find it hard now a days to get up for the season when in a way everyone knows the ending 🙁

Agree with this!…. The Southern Section HSFB season used to be so awesome with several different teams that could win or upset the favored top teams….

Now it just feels pre-determined with either MD or SJB winning and no one else having a chance…. Good for the MD and SJB fans, bad for everyone else….

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Agree with this!…. The Southern Section HSFB season used to be so awesome with several different teams that could win or upset the favored top teams….

Now it just feels pre-determined with either MD or SJB winning and no one else having a chance…. Good for the MD and SJB fans, bad for everyone else….

Well it ain’t so good for Nor Cal fans either, insofar as the hopes for an open division champion.  It would be great if we could see more NorCal 1-10 teams against SoCal 3-10 teams in OOL matchups.   Bakersfield ought to make an effort to host neutral field contests between NorCal and SoCal teams.  At least they would get to see good football lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, On2whls said:

Well it ain’t so good for Nor Cal fans either, insofar as the hopes for an open division champion.  It would be great if we could see more NorCal 1-10 teams against SoCal 3-10 teams in OOL matchups.   Bakersfield ought to make an effort to host neutral field contests between NorCal and SoCal teams.  At least they would get to see good football lol.

Yes, the open has become a complete Joke, no reason to even watch anymore….

DLS was moving in the right direction and actually believed they could win, but since 2019 they are not getting the players anymore….

The rest of the Not Cal teams are too intimidated by the prowess of MD and SJB as shown by Serra the last 2 years who put up no fight and looked like they were defeated before they even got off the bus….