Some California news

Ararar

• 3 weeks later...

surprising news this week - The Cunninghams from Los AL and the QB Bekkam from Santa Margarita have transferred to Miami Central.  All of these kids are journeymen traveling pretty long distances to play football.  Cunninghams from Georgia to LA to MIami, and Bekkam from a small town in Colorado to Orange County and now to Miami.

Feel bad for the Santa Margarita coach Rouzier.  I think this is the 15th kid to transfer out of his program.  This doesn't look good..... but if I know SoCal football as well as I do, this won't be the end of the transfer saga.  Hopefully he can get some new kids into his program otherwise he may have difficulty fielding a full team this upcoming season.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, QPRTrinity said:

surprising news this week - The Cunninghams from Los AL and the QB Bekkam from Santa Margarita have transferred to Miami Central.  All of these kids are journeymen traveling pretty long distances to play football.  Cunninghams from Georgia to LA to MIami, and Bekkam from a small town in Colorado to Orange County and now to Miami.

Feel bad for the Santa Margarita coach Rouzier.  I think this is the 15th kid to transfer out of his program.  This doesn't look good..... but if I know SoCal football as well as I do, this won't be the end of the transfer saga.  Hopefully he can get some new kids into his program otherwise he may have difficulty fielding a full team this upcoming season.

Why the hell would any of those kids choose to go to school in inner city Miami?!  Only to get slapped by MD or SJB (can't remember who).  At least they have a chance at a state title there, I suppose.  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Worse idea ever. The public schools should not be in the same leagues as private schools. 

Totally Agree!…. No public school coach or AD in their right mind would vote for this Ridiculous proposal so they can take annual league beatings at the hands of MD and SJB….

Let the privates have the Trinity league… It really is working just fine…. It’s the playoffs that are a mess…. Just go to a 4 team Open playoff like San Diego does…. That solves the issue of Competitive equity in FB…. 

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

It’s the playoffs that are a mess…. Just go to a 4 team Open playoff like San Diego does…. That solves the issue of Competitive equity in FB….

While I agree the playoffs are a mess if you put only the top 4 SS teams in an open tournament the North would never win a top 5 state championship ever again 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

While I agree the playoffs are a mess if you put only the top 4 SS teams in an open tournament the North would never win a top 5 state championship ever again 

I think if So Cal went to a 4 team Open and 12-16 team D1 that would work and Nor Cal would have a Good Shot at winning in the D1 or D2 groups….

That would also open up a lot more opportunities for So Cal teams to Compete for Championships where as now they have Zero Chance to win D1….

I think the Best option is just take the Top 4 ranked teams in the state and play a State open for those 4 and the current system for the rest….

That would be Much more Competitive and The best team from the North would have a great shot to win….

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I think if So Cal went to a 4 team Open and 12-16 team D1 that would work and Nor Cal would have a Good Shot at winning in the D1 or D2 groups….

That would also open up a lot more opportunities for So Cal teams to Compete for Championships where as now they have Zero Chance to win D1….

I think the Best option is just take the Top 4 ranked teams in the state and play a State open for those 4 and the current system for the rest….

That would be Much more Competitive and The best team from the North would have a great shot to win….

That means 6 teams from the open would’ve been pushed down to D1 and 6 teams from D1 pushed down to D2 and so on.The North has had a serious problem to say the least in the top 5 SBG as it is.The only real answer is to have a legitimate state playoff regardless of section

8 hours ago, Ararar said:

That means 6 teams from the open would’ve been pushed down to D1 and 6 teams from D1 pushed down to D2 and so on.The North has had a serious problem to say the least in the top 5 SBG as it is.The only real answer is to have a legitimate state playoff regardless of section

Please define legitimate state playoffs.

6 hours ago, Ararar said:

No section playoffs.Straight to state after the season.

So in other words, a Texas-like playoffs.

IMO Texas has by far the best postseason football playoffs. As much as I like to diss Texas for refusing to travel and their self righteousness, they certainly do their playoffs well.

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

IMO Texas has by far the best postseason football playoffs. As much as I like to diss Texas for refusing to travel and their self righteousness, they certainly do their playoffs well.

That would be fine with me.Also cut the division’s in half to 7 for state championship.If the sections want to run an NIT tournament with teams that didn’t qualify for state that’s fine I know they need to make some coin

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

I like Ohios postseason /playoff system the best.

• Like 1