Some California news

Ararar

47 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I like Ohios postseason /playoff system the best.

31 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

You are a “ very smart man very very smart man!” 😀

How does it work in Ohio that could be applied to CA?…. I like the idea of changing it…. I am in favor of the way TX does it….  Is Ohio similar to TX?…

30 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

How does it work in Ohio that could be applied to CA?…. I like the idea of changing it…. I am in favor of the way TX does it….  Is Ohio similar to TX?…

Ohio has 7 divisions. Boys 530 + grades 9-11 are D1 and boys 100 D7 something along those lines. Four regions 16 teams make the playoffs but with COVID all recently. Seeds 1-16 or all recently, last team standing is the state champ per division. 

Lot more goes into this above but these are the basics. Last man standing wins. 😀

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Ararar said:

That would be fine with me.Also cut the division’s in half to 7 for state championship.If the sections want to run an NIT tournament with teams that didn’t qualify for state that’s fine I know they need to make some coin

Sadly it would never happen because all the section would have to agree to this and they don’t agree on anything. They want everyone to have a chance and in a true state playoff the amount of teams that would go to postseason play would drastically be reduced. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Sadly it would never happen because all the section would have to agree to this and they don’t agree on anything. They want everyone to have a chance and in a true state playoff the amount of teams that would go to postseason play would drastically be reduced. 

Yep, bottom line is it comes to $$$ and the sections wiling to gjve up control, which won’t happen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

That’s why i suggested them running a non qualifying tournament.They still make some money off that and get something for giving up their section playoff

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 8:44 PM, hardhit1 said:

Ohio has 7 divisions. Boys 530 + grades 9-11 are D1 and boys 100 D7 something along those lines. Four regions 16 teams make the playoffs but with COVID all recently. Seeds 1-16 or all recently, last team standing is the state champ per division. 

Lot more goes into this above but these are the basics. Last man standing wins. 😀

If not the best playoff system right up there 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 8:24 PM, Bodysurf said:

@HurricaneNick  Did any QBs besides Brown play? Judging from the scores this was a pretty dominating day for us.

Yes. Undefeated day but Brown, Leinart, Inferrera, and Toki were all there. Two really really good freshman QB’s. They’re battling. It’ll be interesting to see how it shakes out after this year. By no means is it Coles job after Elijah enrolls at Stanford. Somebody transferring is the just about the only certainty. Could be the best QB room we’ve had. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

MD, MV, Amat, & Cen10 are all 4-0 heading into the playoff bracket at the Mission Viejo tourney

Mission Viejo wins the lineman competition. MD bigs did not participate today. 

Mater Dei vs Mission Viejo for the final.

Mater Dei wins. A small break for the kids and then time for camp Monarch. Real football is almost here.

IMG_0137.jpeg

• Like 2

Servite gave Mater Dei its closest game in the opener, losing 21-29.

The Friars, coming off the worst season in the school's history (1-9), then reeled off four straight wins including a 35-28 win over 4-0 Corona Centennial, to make it to the semi-finals, where Mission Viejo eliminated them 35-14.

Cypress also made it to the semi-finals with an upset of 4-0 Amat. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 9:51 AM, Bodysurf said:

@HurricaneNick As camp Monarch is about to open do we expect any departures? I would be surprised if anybody transferred in. But given that kids want to play it wouldn’t surprise me to see some more kids bolt to Tustin. I have seen some tweets alluding to this.

None of significance. Kids leave every year to find playing time from most major programs so it wouldn’t be shocking. Armond is going to bring kids to Tustin from MD? He’s upset that KDH wasn’t playing. No secret. The best player that understands the scheme and executes on the field will always start at MD. It’s been that way since you were there, was that way when I was there, and will continue to be that way. The idea that kids that are playing at Mater Dei, are going to go play for Tustin to compete against Kennedy, Pacifica, and Valencia in league play is comical. Servite might be able to win Tustins league!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1