Some California news

Ararar

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

I don’t believe I said that. SoCal SSD1 is already a playoff to determine the best team on the field so there is no need for a regional in D1 only, unlike NoCal where the best teams are not all in the same division. Has nothing to do with anybody’s best interest.

So ALL TEN commissioners vote unanimously to go back to the original format based on "having nothing to do with anybody's best interest?"

1 minute ago, TheHotisBlock said:

So ALL TEN commissioners vote unanimously to go back to the original format based on "having nothing to do with anybody's best interest?"

I’m sorry I’m not following the argument. You asked me who the best teams in SoCal are and I demonstrated they are already in the same division so a regional D1 game in SoCal is currently not needed. I know nothing nor do I care about who voted for what. I really don’t follow that or know what the issue ever was or currently is.

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

I’m sorry I’m not following the argument. You asked me who the best teams in SoCal are and I demonstrated they are already in the same division so a regional D1 game in SoCal is currently not needed. I know nothing nor do I care about who voted for what. I really don’t follow that or know what the issue ever was or currently is.

Gotcha. I understand what you are saying.

I was grouping you into the other dudes who were making accusations with no or false evidence to make claims. 

17 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Gotcha. I understand what you are saying.

I was grouping you into the other dudes who were making accusations with no or false evidence to make claims. 

Got it. Here is the truth. In SoCal a regional is useless since D1 bracket is effectively the regional. In NoCal you need it because the 2 best teams are in different divisions. Why DLS didn’t play Folsom instead of Liberty is beyond my comprehension.. Any idiot knows Folsom is better than Liberty and they they should have played DLS for the right to play MD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Colonel said:

From the Folsom Telegraph:

Richardson said after the loss to De La Salle that when the current playoff system was designed, the North would be sending their best teams down South to play for a state title.

“I don’t think they’re doing that right now when they’re sending the loser of the open game home,” Richardson said.

🤣

Great Quotes!.... With that Kind of thinking from their Head Coach, it's obvious why Folsom is such a Soft, Football program that can't beat any Top Teams.... 

Folsom is like the School Yard Bully who Beats up on Little Kids and then Runs and Hides when the Tough Kids show up.... :) 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TheHotisBlock said:

No comment on the OTHER NINE commissioners from north and south? And the ENTIRE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE? LOL.  If you bothered to read the press release from the CIF, it states- "the return to the original format began with CIF Advisory Committee at their April 2014 meeting." There was no "motion" from any one commissioner, as you just made this up. The recommendation comes from an entire advisory committee and advances to the commissioners for vote- by the way....Unanimous. 

So, this is all influenced by the Lincoln Newspaper in a massive conspiracy by Folsom to get a rule changed to its original form!? :)

Reading is key. Comprehension isn't the strong point of some on here. Next time, please bother to actually read the CIF press release. Your points may be stronger that way, instead of relying on Google to dig up newspaper opinion articles. 

Glad to help 

#TrollDeBunked

Capture.PNG

Easy There Guy.... You seem really upset, Take a Breath, it will be OK.... My Folsom Sources tell me there will still be a Parade and you can come.... You Can run around and Hi 5 all the Folsom Fans and yell, "We are the Best Lower Division Bowl Winner in the State".... :) 

No matter how the Folsom "Spin Doctors" Try to spin it, "The Folsom" Rule exists because Folsom didn't want to lose 3 in a row to DLS, So their Star QB could Play in a Bowl Game. Thus they "Worked Closely" with Sacco, to change the rules.... That is why it is called "The Folsom Rule".... And it was newsworthy enough to be reported in 2 local newspapers.... :) 

#FolsomRuleLoserMovesON

• Haha 3

Whatever the circumstances that caused CIF to make the changes in 2014, the cold hard truth is Folsom did not get the opportunity to play for the highest level title with their two best teams ever (2014,2018)

Now, for some folks the D1AA trophy is just fine.  If I was a Folsom fan though, I would be incensed.  If there was ever a reason for a fan base to lobby for a change, now would be the time, and giving them a shot at the big game would be the reason.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

Whatever the circumstances that caused CIF to make the changes in 2014, the cold hard truth is Folsom did not get the opportunity to play for the highest level title with their two best teams ever (2014,2018)

Now, for some folks the D1AA trophy is just fine.  If I was a Folsom fan though, I would be incensed.  If there was ever a reason for a fan base to lobby for a change, now would be the time, and giving them a shot at the big game would be the reason.

Exactly!!!!.... Even with Nor Cal's Section issues, all we have to do up here is Bring Back the Open Play in game... It's a Simple fix and there is no reason not to.... So Cal doesn't need it, the best teams play it out on the field period...

Maybe Folsom Fans, Coaches and Administrators could do the same thing they did last time but instead of Phone calls and letters Demanding "Loser Moves On", work with Sacco on the return of the Nor Cal Open Regional!...

Hopefully at the Parade this year Richardson will be quoted as saying "We need to do whatever it takes to Bring Back the Open Play in game in Nor Cal, It's ridiculous that our 2 top teams don't play it out of the field at the end of the year for a winner take all Championship."...

That would be in stark contrast to to what he said in the newspaper 5 years ago, but we can always hope!.... Or Maybe he is content with 1-AA bowl wins and wants to be the King of TIER 2 in Ca... :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Got it. Here is the truth. In SoCal a regional is useless since D1 bracket is effectively the regional. In NoCal you need it because the 2 best teams are in different divisions. Why DLS didn’t play Folsom instead of Liberty is beyond my comprehension.. Any idiot knows Folsom is better than Liberty and they they should have played DLS for the right to play MD.

Because they are in 2 different sections. Why didn’t Mater Dei have to play Narbonne in the SS playoffs? Because they are in the City Section, a totally different section. Mater Dei didn’t play Cathedral Catholic in the playoffs for the same reason.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Exactly!!!!.... Even with Nor Cal's Section issues, all we have to do up here is Bring Back the Open Play in game... It's a Simple fix and there is no reason not to.... So Cal doesn't need it, the best teams play it out on the field period...

Maybe Folsom Fans, Coaches and Administrators could do the same thing they did last time but instead of Phone calls and letters Demanding "Loser Moves On", work with Sacco on the return of the Nor Cal Open Regional!...

Hopefully at the Parade this year Richardson will be quoted as saying "We need to do whatever it takes to Bring Back the Open Play in game in Nor Cal, It's ridiculous that our 2 top teams don't play it out of the field at the end of the year for a winner take all Championship."...

That would be in stark contrast to to what he said in the newspaper 5 years ago, but we can always hope!.... Or Maybe he is content with 1-AA bowl wins and wants to be the King of TIER 2 in Ca... :) 

Nor Cal Post of the Year. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Because they are in 2 different sections. Why didn’t Mater Dei have to play Narbonne in the SS playoffs? Because they are in the City Section, a totally different section. Mater Dei didn’t play Cathedral Catholic in the playoffs for the same reason.

So true. They have it one way for now, but it won't always work. SoCal, at some point will need the open regional game, just like NorCal does.

Stating "it simply isn't needed in SoCal" is short sighted and usually just a troll jab to try and blame the north for the rule change, despite ALL of their own commissioners voting for it.

A win is a win.

13 hours ago, Ararar said:

it still remains Saco and Folsom 

Prove it. Show us, from the CIF, how and who it was introduced by. If all you can come up with is a Googled article from the Lincoln Newspaper, you have failed. Never mind the entire advisory committe, executive committee, and all 10 commissioners. That's irrelevant :)

13 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Any idiot knows Folsom is better than Liberty and they they should have played DLS for the right to play MD.

Agreed.

22 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Ha all you did was help my case by making a straight line from Folsom to Saco to the advisory committee.Thanks

So lets recap your theory, based on a newspaper article and speculation. And correct me if I am wrong, while I lay out the story you have presented.

1. Folsom parents and coaches collaborate to put their opinions out there, via the small town newspaper of Lincoln, Ca.

2. Folsom coaches use that article as a basis to "work with" Saco and the SJS and come up with a painstaking plan to change the entire open regional rule for the entire state of CA. (to include the south).

3. Saco and Folsom, working together in secret, come up with a detailed plan on a way to convince an entire advisory committee, executive committee, and all ten CIF commissioners to vote the game away.

4. Saco, as the secret squirrel an defacto rep for Folsom, comes up with a way to introduce a change into the advisory committee & executive committee, therefore using his entire one vote to convince the entirety of both committees to recommend the open regional bowl game system go back to the original format.

5. Since Saco controls the entire advisory committee, and the SJS rules CA, the entire committee decides to bow down and give him what he wants! In the committee's eye's, Folsom's best interest is what is good for CA! Right?

6. After the entire advisory committee AND executive committee decides that Saco is a god and rules the world, they all suddenly decide they are HUGE FOLSOM fans and want to ensure they can avoid DLS every year ( I mean who wants to see that game anyways, right?), and decide to forward they're recommendation to the CIF Commissioners for review and a vote.

7. Saco storms into the voting session just prior to the official vote to change the open regional format back to its original format, featuring all 10 CIF Commissioners from North and South. He gives a momentous speech, detailing how this vote can change the course of HSFB history, thus making Folsom the champions they should be! He hands out Folsom Bulldog hats to every CIF Commissioner for good measure, and pops in a highlight tape of Jake Browning, Jonah Williams, and Joe Ngata.

8. During the highlight tape viewing (in 5.1 surround sound), and wearing their newly minted Folsom Bulldog hats, all ten CIF Commissioners break down in tears! They cannot believe how amazing this HSFB program is. They are all now fans and hate all the other teams in CA! Saco has done the impossible.

9. It is now time for a vote- due to the momentous speech by Saco, the Folsom Bulldogs hats, and the Browning, Williams, & Ngata highlight tape, ALL TEN CIF COMMISSIONERS UNANIMOUSLY decide to go back to the original format for the open regional. After all, the new format had only been in place for 2 years right? No bigs! Everyone is now a loyal and faithful Folsom fan!

10. ALL TEN CIF COMMISSIONERS UNANIMOUSLY (for some of u- this  means all commissioners voted the same way) vote for the open regional rule change statewide. Mission complete.

11. The Lincoln Newspaper wins a Pulitzer prize for journalism the next month, based on the Folsom story!

Sound about right? Or did I miss something?

th.jpg

Just now, old_e said:

The Folsom rule: let's not play the best so we can get a trophy. Let's not play SJB. Let's play Chaminade. 

Let's not forget: SoCal voted to eliminate the game as well, thus going back to the original format.

Why don't you read above. It is well detailed. I'd stay away from the 1 or 2 line posters, as they are usually just trolls.

37 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

So lets recap your theory, based on a newspaper article and speculation. And correct me if I am wrong, while I lay out the story you have presented.

1. Folsom parents and coaches collaborate to put their opinions out there, via the small town newspaper of Lincoln, Ca.

2. Folsom coaches use that article as a basis to "work with" Saco and the SJS and come up with a painstaking plan to change the entire open regional rule for the entire state of CA. (to include the south).

3. Saco and Folsom, working together in secret, come up with a detailed plan on a way to convince an entire advisory committee, executive committee, and all ten CIF commissioners to vote the game away.

4. Saco, as the secret squirrel an defacto rep for Folsom, comes up with a way to introduce a change into the advisory committee & executive committee, therefore using his entire one vote to convince the entirety of both committees to recommend the open regional bowl game system go back to the original format.

5. Since Saco controls the entire advisory committee, and the SJS rules CA, the entire committee decides to bow down and give him what he wants! In the committee's eye's, Folsom's best interest is what is good for CA! Right?

6. After the entire advisory committee AND executive committee decides that Saco is a god and rules the world, they all suddenly decide they are HUGE FOLSOM fans and want to ensure they can avoid DLS every year ( I mean who wants to see that game anyways, right?), and decide to forward they're recommendation to the CIF Commissioners for review and a vote.

7. Saco storms into the voting session just prior to the official vote to change the open regional format back to its original format, featuring all 10 CIF Commissioners from North and South. He gives a momentous speech, detailing how this vote can change the course of HSFB history, thus making Folsom the champions they should be! He hands out Folsom Bulldog hats to every CIF Commissioner for good measure, and pops in a highlight tape of Jake Browning, Jonah Williams, and Joe Ngata.

8. During the highlight tape viewing (in 5.1 surround sound), and wearing their newly minted Folsom Bulldog hats, all ten CIF Commissioners break down in tears! They cannot believe how amazing this HSFB program is. They are all now fans and hate all the other teams in CA! Saco has done the impossible.

9. It is now time for a vote- due to the momentous speech by Saco, the Folsom Bulldogs hats, and the Browning, Williams, & Ngata highlight tape, ALL TEN CIF COMMISSIONERS UNANIMOUSLY decide to go back to the original format for the open regional. After all, the new format had only been in place for 2 years right? No bigs! Everyone is now a loyal and faithful Folsom fan!

10. ALL TEN CIF COMMISSIONERS UNANIMOUSLY (for some of u- this  means all commissioners voted the same way) vote for the open regional rule change statewide. Mission complete.

11. The Lincoln Newspaper wins a Pulitzer prize for journalism the next month, based on the Folsom story!

Sound about right? Or did I miss something?

th.jpg

You have no leg to stand on so you attempt to create a different narrative.

there is only one question 

who was responsible for initiating the removal of the open regional game.

how it was voted on has zero affect on who initially brought it to motion 

how the sections felt it would help them had zero affect on who initially brought it to motion 

how the advisory committee regarded it has zero affect on who initially brought it to motion 

hope this helps you 

the question is who and why was the motion initially brought to vote everything else is deflection 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

You have no leg to stand on so you attempt to create a different narrative.

there is only one question 

who was responsible for initiating the removal of the open regional game.

how it was voted on has zero affect on who initially brought it to motion 

how the sections felt it would help them had zero affect on who initially brought it to motion 

how the advisory committee regarded it has zero affect on who initially brought it to motion 

hope this helps you 

the question is who and why was the motion initially brought to vote everything else is deflection 

Soooooooooooooooooooooo- did I get your version about right? I thought I did a pretty good job piecing it all together :)

I didn't get an answer, just a deflection.

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

Quit being an idiot.dont make me put you on ignore.You were doing so well you just can’t help yourself I guess 

I suggest you do so if you cannot answer my question in regards to your version.

I just asked if it was accurate. It was peace mealed from your posts on what happened. I think it's pretty accurate.

Deflection only concedes to a loss.