Some California news

Ararar

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

True but at least SJB tried hard to get games.  No one wanted to play them.  Including yours truly.

I know I couldn't resist. 

Folsom isn't even thinking about next year yet. They still have a big game to play. 

Hopefully they schedule another top team but I don't see their team next year being consensus top 20 team in the country unless they get some major transfers. 

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Spoke to them several times. No money to host or travel. Only makes sense for a team like IMG, who doesnt need the money. Imo they're going to have to find some local teams to fill those needs. 

Word is that MD and Cen10 were in discussions to play next season because both of them have a challenging time herring pre league games. This is not optimal for either team since they know they will both be top 3-4 next year and may play again late in the playoffs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

If Folsom is having trouble coming down for the State Games what makes you think they would play Cen10 next season down here hahaha

It’s a different senario for a state bowl game. A regular season game is known and planned well in advance and the annual budget for the school/team can be allocated accordingly via regular revenue sources and fundraising. In the case of a state bowl game, this is unplanned and represents a significant expense that was not planned or ever a part of the annual football budget.

this is why 2 San Diego section teams at lower divisions may have to forfeit their state championship game. There was an article on this today in the USAT. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Makes the most sense, especially for Cen10. 

I think Scheduling MD would be good for Cen 10 and if they win, it would dramatically help them come playoff time... 

Say Cen 10 Pulls off the Upset and MD wins the Trinity League over Bosco... Cen 10 would have the #1 Seed in the playoffs (Victory over the Trinity Champ) and only have to Face 1 super-team for the title...

I Like the Idea of CC-MD playing next year, I hope it happens... :) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Besides did you see that Central team Put up 46 Points on that Awful Folsom Defense?... That team looked like CC moving in slow motion... CC would Hang 100 on Folsom... And Folsom would be lucky to score 21 on CC..

Folsom was scoring on Central on average in less than 5 plays. Folsom's defense was gassed because they couldn't keep their own offense on the field. 

CC would hang 100 on Folsom? DLS hung a whopping 14 and that's including off of 5 turnovers. 

Good lord you make some dumb statements. Did you always hate Folsom or was it because of Block? serious question. 

33 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

It’s a different senario for a state bowl game. A regular season game is known and planned well in advance and the annual budget for the school/team can be allocated accordingly via regular revenue sources and fundraising. In the case of a state bowl game, this is unplanned and represents a significant expense that was not planned or ever a part of the annual football budget.

this is why 2 San Diego section teams at lower divisions may have to forfeit their state championship game. There was an article on this today in the USAT. 

Link?

9 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Folsom was scoring on Central on average in less than 5 plays. Folsom's defense was gassed because they couldn't keep their own offense on the field. 

CC would hang 100 on Folsom? DLS hung a whopping 14 and that's including off of 5 turnovers. 

Good lord you make some dumb statements. Did you always hate Folsom or was it because of Block? serious question. 

AZ Centennial Won the AZ 5A State over a 13-0 Team 69-0... That is a team with a great defense that doesn't get "Gassed" because their offense is scoring too much.... 

My statements might be dumb to you because they don't fit your Narrative that Folsom is such a great team... A Dumber statement is making an excuse that your Awful defense gave up 46 points because "The offense was scoring so much they were gassed"...

I could care less about that Dude Block, I don't like Folsom because they are like the Big Bully that beats up on all the weak kids but runs and hides when the Tough Kids show up...

Folsom got the Folsom Rule instated so they would not have to play a 'Winner Take All" Game against DLS, instead they subscribe to the "Loser Movers On" Mentality... Which is why they are willing play DLS now in the Regular season... Folsom has nothing to lose, Beat DLS and go to the open, Lose and go to the Lower Level Bowl Game and Pummel some Weak Lower Level team...

Serious Question- Folsom made the trip to play that awful 7 loss team Chaminade that put up 35 points on Folsom's awful defense, so why cant they travel to CC to prove how good they are on the field?...

10 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

You are right. You might want to go in another room for a while.

You even know Folsom is the best public in CA. You just don't want to upset the trolls.

Let it go. Let it go. 

giphy.gif

The NorCal tomato can baby seal slap dick cat fighting is beyond laughable. Please keep up your sick pathetic Sybil act going. LOL!!!

3 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Doesn't the CIF pay for travel costs?  If you click on the Orange Glen link in the article, it takes you to a local newspaper with their story and gofundme links.  I will contribute some after work.  Don't want to see any kid miss out on something like this, due to lack of financial means.  One of the biggest things I hate in sports is kids not being able to have access to training or camps or whatever, because of affordability.  These kids should play in the bowl games and the CIF should make sure of it.  Lord knows the charge enough for tickets to the playoffs. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

AZ Centennial Won the AZ 5A State over a 13-0 Team 69-0... That is a team with a great defense that doesn't get "Gassed" because their offense is scoring too much.... 

They beat a team that's not even ranked top 500 in the country. This is beyond a terrible point. 

9 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I could care less about that Dude Block, I don't like Folsom because they are like the Big Bully that beats up on all the weak kids but runs and hides when the Tough Kids show up...

They scheduled DLS on the road. They're also playing them again next year. Another terrible point. 

10 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Serious Question- Folsom made the trip to play that awful 7 loss team Chaminade that put up 35 points on Folsom's awful defense, so why cant they travel to CC to prove how good they are on the field?...

When they scheduled this game they didn't know that Chaminade was going to be so down this year. Chaminade was a very solid team in 2017. It was unfortunate. Before the season started everyone thought this would be a good game. Chaminade put up 17 of those points when Folsom had already subbed ALL of their starters out in the 2nd half. 

I would LOVE for Folsom to schedule CC. Unfortunately both of these teams appear to be broke as a joke public schools. Hopefully they can make that game happen. When was the last time CC traveled anywhere? Ever? 

13 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Doesn't the CIF pay for travel costs? 

Not all costs. That's why you are seeing all these GoFundMe pages. Publics all have restricted amounts of funding. Since making it to these games is fairly rare, they usually don't budget for it. 

Folsom is able to offset many costs because of being in an affluent area with the local community support. Not that way for most other schools.

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

A school like Folsom should always plan for a state game travel expense.  I think it's silly for people to claim that it was somehow a huge surprise.

As for the San Diego teams, kinda odd that most Northern and (far) North Coast Section teams seemed to manage to travel all the way to San Diego for games, but now they can't get return visits?

28 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

They beat a team that's not even ranked top 500 in the country. This is beyond a terrible point. 

They scheduled DLS on the road. They're also playing them again next year. Another terrible point. 

When they scheduled this game they didn't know that Chaminade was going to be so down this year. Chaminade was a very solid team in 2017. It was unfortunate. Before the season started everyone thought this would be a good game. Chaminade put up 17 of those points when Folsom had already subbed ALL of their starters out in the 2nd half. 

I would LOVE for Folsom to schedule CC. Unfortunately both of these teams appear to be broke as a joke public schools. Hopefully they can make that game happen. When was the last time CC traveled anywhere? Ever? 

Ha!!!... You Folsom Fans are too much, the spin never stops... The best is when you guys prop up that Awful Chaminde team returning 3 players like it was some great scheduling move... The Best Chaminade has ever done is win a Lower Level Bowl Game... So I guess its perfect that Folsom would Schedule a Lower Level opponent... 

Since you don't like my AZ Cen10 Analogy, Maybe the fact that MD only gave up 14 Points to Cen 10 would work? I mean MD's defense was pretty gassed running back all those pick 6's...

Why does CC have to Come to Folsom... Is it because CC is not an Awful team like Chaminade?... Somehow Folsom wasn't "Broke as a Joke" Last year and made the trip to play that terrible team...

Folsom wont travel to CC because they would be blown off the Field and they know it... Folsom is a Paper Tiger, it just is what it is...

12 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Ha!!!... You Folsom Fans are too much, the spin never stops... The best is when you guys prop up that Awful Chaminde team returning 3 players like it was some great scheduling move... The Best Chaminade has ever done is win a Lower Level Bowl Game... So I guess its perfect that Folsom would Schedule a Lower Level opponent... 

Since you don't like my AZ Cen10 Analogy, Maybe the fact that MD only gave up 14 Points to Cen 10 would work? I mean MD's defense was pretty gassed running back all those pick 6's...

Why does CC have to Come to Folsom... Is it because CC is not an Awful team like Chaminade?... Somehow Folsom wasn't "Broke as a Joke" Last year and made the trip to play that terrible team...

Folsom wont travel to CC because they would be blown off the Field and they know it... Folsom is a Paper Tiger, it just is what it is...

Okay I'm done arguing with you for now. I'm starting to lose brain cells. 

Have a good one brother. Hope 2019 is better for you. 

Cheers