Some California news

Ararar

40 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

He is the transfer DL from LH...other then that every kid is the pic went to MD since the 9th grade

Thanks I thought so but I wasn’t sure about the kid from La Habra. All the others I know but some are sporting different numbers from last year. 

That is a good group of players there. Wonder what the criteria was since there is no Myles, Darion, B Young, etc.

7 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Thanks I thought so but I wasn’t sure about the kid from La Habra. All the others I know but some are sporting different numbers from last year. 

That is a good group of players there. Wonder what the criteria was since there is no Myles, Darion, B Young, etc.

I’m sure the kids that are missing just couldn’t get out of class

On 3/29/2019 at 5:26 PM, Bodysurf said:

I want to thank Tom for spending time with the program.  I asked our boosters if they were tired of winning yet.  The answer was an empathetic NO.

I certainly hope that we are not ranked #1 in the preseason.....again.  Gawd I hate having that target on our back.  The kids seem too relish the notoriety though.  I only have two personal goals for each season.  1.  Beat Servite   2. Beat DLS.

People think we have a rivalry with SJB but we really don't.  Jason is a good friend, and alot of our players grew up competing on youth teams together, whether they were from Orange County, Riverside, Inner City LA, northern Calif, Texas, etc.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, The Stache said:

I want to thank Tom for spending time with the program.  I asked our boosters if they were tired of winning yet.  The answer was an empathetic NO.

I certainly hope that we are not ranked #1 in the preseason.....again.  Gawd I hate having that target on our back.  The kids seem too relish the notoriety though.  I only have two personal goals for each season.  1.  Beat Servite   2. Beat DLS.

People think we have a rivalry with SJB but we really don't.  Jason is a good friend, and alot of our players grew up competing on youth teams together, whether they were from Orange County, Riverside, Inner City LA, northern Calif, Texas, etc.

MD only has one rival...and they are 26-3-1 vs them over the past 3 years...

#beatservite

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Stache said:

EMPHATIC... so much for private school “rigor”.

Regards

BGW

• Haha 1

TAMPA, Fla. - Premium Sports wins the Adidas 7-on-7 National Championship with USC five-star quarterback commit Bryce Young completing a 40-yard touchdown pass with no time left on the clock, before splitting two defenders with a dart on the ensuing two-point conversion to beat California rival Ground Zero all the way on the other side of the country in the Sunshine State.

Adidas hosted 32 of the best 7-on-7 teams in the country and Young and company stayed poised as they trailed Ground Zero every time the offense took the ball but always had an answer to bring home the hardware in a 29-28 victory.

Bryce Young is the best quarterback in the country,” Premium founder Malik James said of the All-American who is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 1 dual-threat passer in the country. “All he does is win. Since I’ve know Bryce since the seventh grade I haven’t seen too many losing moments for him.”

Young and company knocked off Midwest Boom in the quarterfinals, a team full of standouts from Chicago/St. Louis before beating Hustle Inc. who is loaded with Georgia talent in the semifinals. Ground Zero's road to the finals including beating Team Tampa and then Team 808 out of Hawaii before the showdown with Premium.

• Like 1

Uiagalelei says it’s important for his mother to see everything Clemson has to offer. 

“She just wants to see the campus and the football stadium. She was to meet all of the coaches,” he said. “She wants to do all of the stuff besides football - check out the dorms, the town, where’s the nearest Walmart, where am I going to go to church. And, she wants to eat fried green tomatoes, that’s what she really wants to do. She’s looking forward to that.”

Clemson has been at or near the top of Uiagalelei’s list – along with Oregon – for a while now, and many have wondered if his mother signs off on Clemson if he commits this weekend. 

“Most likely, I’ll probably make a decision in either May or June, that’s what it’s looking like right now,” he said. “I just feel like that’s the right timeframe for me. I’m going to go to Clemson, and then I’m going to go to Oregon on the 20th and then after those two, I’m going to make my decision.”

What keeps Oregon in the mix?

“I like the coaching staff there, and they show me a lot of love. I like them up there,” Uiagalelei said. “I like the offense. I like what they’re doing over there and how they’re changing it over there. It’s cool. I like it.”

What keeps Clemson in the mix?

“I like all of the coaches there. I like the atmosphere.,” Uiagalelei said. “They have a lot of what I’m looking for in a college atmosphere, and not just sports wise but different stuff outside of sports that I’m interested in.”

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/story/Nations-No-1-QB-details-multi-day-Clemson-visit-commitment-timeline-17784#ixzz5joZKyeZ5

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

TAMPA, Fla. - Premium Sports wins the Adidas 7-on-7 National Championship with USC five-star quarterback commit Bryce Young completing a 40-yard touchdown pass with no time left on the clock, before splitting two defenders with a dart on the ensuing two-point conversion to beat California rival Ground Zero all the way on the other side of the country in the Sunshine State.

Adidas hosted 32 of the best 7-on-7 teams in the country and Young and company stayed poised as they trailed Ground Zero every time the offense took the ball but always had an answer to bring home the hardware in a 29-28 victory.

Bryce Young is the best quarterback in the country,” Premium founder Malik James said of the All-American who is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 1 dual-threat passer in the country. “All he does is win. Since I’ve know Bryce since the seventh grade I haven’t seen too many losing moments for him.”

Young and company knocked off Midwest Boom in the quarterfinals, a team full of standouts from Chicago/St. Louis before beating Hustle Inc. who is loaded with Georgia talent in the semifinals. Ground Zero's road to the finals including beating Team Tampa and then Team 808 out of Hawaii before the showdown with Premium.

MD’s QB and MD’s Defense were playing each other in the 7v7 MNC...MD was in a win win...

C248ABF3-B149-4F1D-8AC4-0851CAA11AD2.gif.33939abe6b7c501138069f41846ce9b4.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

Are you sure about that? lol

Actually there are 2 transfers in the picture  (Andrew Ueli-Faatoalia and Cristian Dixon).  

All the others have been at MD since freshman. 4 in the picture will be seniors next season (Faatoalia, Elias Ricks, Tai Marks, and Kody Epps).  3 will be juniors next season (Dixon, Jaylin Davies and Raejson davis). 3 of them will be sophs next season and saw pretty significant varsity action last year as freshmen (Domani Jackson, Josh Hunter, Christian Williams).

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Actually there are 2 transfers in the picture  (Andrew Ueli-Faatoalia and Cristian Dixon).  

All the others have been at MD since freshman. 4 in the picture will be seniors next season (Faatoalia, Elias Ricks, Tai Marks, and Kody Epps).  3 will be juniors next season (Dixon, Jaylin Davies and Raejson davis). 3 of them will be sophs next season and saw pretty significant varsity action last year as freshmen (Domani Jackson, Josh Hunter, Christian Williams).

I knew it was Dixon but your MD brother said it was only one lol pretty sure he knew Dixon had came in from Diamond Ranch. 

15 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

I knew it was Dixon but your MD brother said it was only one lol pretty sure he knew Dixon had came in from Diamond Ranch. 

It's a new kid so he didn't recognize the face! I missed it too the first time I looked at the picture. I didn't know what Dixon looked like so I had to google him.

Contrary to popular opinion, this really isn't a 'transferred up' team relative to Bosco, Narbonne, JSerra, Mission. Off the top of my head the transfers that will play are Dixon, Faatoalia, Bryce Young, Fuamatu, Tupe, Ford, and their kicker.  So far MD has 4 new transfers for next season