Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

They are teaching these kids to challenge themselves and with risk comes reward.Its going to pay dividends down the road 

On a sort of related topic, Liberty NV OOL includes: Chandler, Mililani, SJB, Cen10 (Corona).  All 4 also happen to be OOS.  Talk about stepping up relative to their capability.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, On2whls said:

On a sort of related topic, Liberty NV OOL includes: Chandler, Mililani, SJB, Cen10 (Corona).  All 4 also happen to be OOS.  Talk about stepping up relative to their capability.

No shit, right!!!? Liberty apparently wants to wrestle those 50 consecutive state championships from the Bishop! God Speed yo them.(Hand salute). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Forgive if I’m late with this, but I don’t see any discussion anywhere. 

It appears that St. Mary’s-Stockton cancelled their game with James Logan on 8/30, and will now be traveling to Mission Viejo. 

SM ironically lost their top D1 bound CB to Folsom...who is playing Antelope that night. But SM must believe that they’ve still got some horses though.

SM’s non-league games are now: Pitt, DLS, MV, and Central Catholic-Modesto. Why can’t Folsom do this? 

I agree I wish Folsom would have that schedule but SM is going to get mowed over by DLS and MV. Not sure they're even top 10 in Norcal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

So SM Dropped A Bad James Logan Team and replaces them with MV.... Apparently teams can get out of “2 Year Deals” is they really want to...

On top of this year SM has played SJB, MD x 2 and DLS x 3 in the last 8 years...

You would think The Rams are the SJS “Powerhouse” Team that has won 4 SBG, 7 Section Titles and 40 Straight league games since 2010...

Instead, the team that has accomplished all that is hiding behind “2 Year deals” with “Antelope” instead of Traveling to So Cal to play one of the Top 2 So Cal Public Schools....

Since we are also talking about D1 CB Transfers, a hot topic on the OC Board is that Ricks from MD is Transferring to IMG?... It doesn’t make any sense to me, he has been at MD the whole time and can graduate early... Plus, it’s not like IMG can offer a better schedule, more competition, or more exposure...

@Bodysurf , @Eddyr2 any truth to this Rumor that you know of?

Rumor I heard is that he is reclassifying and going to SC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

So SM Dropped A Bad James Logan Team and replaces them with MV.... Apparently teams can get out of “2 Year Deals” is they really want to...

Since we are also talking about D1 CB Transfers, a hot topic on the OC Board is that Ricks from MD is Transferring to IMG?... It doesn’t make any sense to me, he has been at MD the whole time and can graduate early... Plus, it’s not like IMG can offer a better schedule, more competition, or more exposure...

@Bodysurf , @Eddyr2 any truth to this Rumor that you know of?

That is indeed the rumor. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Ricks leave. Ever since the state final against DLS where he was suspended he has been distant and portrayed an extremely different vibe. His social media posts have been strange also with an aura of uncertainty about the future. In addition to the IMG transfer, I have heard rumors about him reclassifying and going early to LSU. E.g. like JT Daniels. But I don’t see how this is possible unless he has been taking a double course load this year, in which case it would be publicly known. IMO I’d put the odds over 50% he isn’t at MD next year. He seems to have mentally ‘checked out’ already IMO.

i really hope he is at MD next season but I also don’t want a kid that doesn’t want to be there as it  is a huge distraction.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Also, while we're on the subject of MV, how come they get a pass for their scheduling? Everyone hates on Folsom's scheduling, rightfully so, but MV's scheduling is arguably worse! They play nobody for being a Socal power. Looking at their schedule for next season according to Maxpreps is pathetic. 

They also replaced Baldwin with some Big Island D2 team that won 1 game last year. bahahaha

There are some decent teams on Oahu that will leave the rock. MV should try them

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Also, while we're on the subject of MV, how come they get a pass for their scheduling? Everyone hates on Folsom's scheduling, rightfully so, but MV's scheduling is arguably worse! They play nobody for being a Socal power. Looking at their schedule for next season according to Maxpreps is pathetic. 

Well, while there is no SJB/MD/CC/DLS present, none of the MV games currently listed are actually bad games.  Santa Margarita, Upland, and Villa Park can all play.  La Habra had some good years a while ago, but they're probably the weakest of the group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

I agree I wish Folsom would have that schedule but SM is going to get mowed over by DLS and MV. Not sure they're even top 10 in Norcal. 

Seriously. Folsom just needs to not be afraid (for lack of a better word) of losing and they’ll get even better. They’re pulling in talent, challenge those kids, and get used to playing the big boys. It’ll be tough at first and they might take some lumps. But it’s be only a matter of time before they’d be used to the speed and physicality. But I digress....

I dunno what SM brings back at all. You probably know more about that. I hope that they have a least a little something to bring to the table and not get just curb stomped by DLS and MV. We shall see I guess.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Because they have actually played big time games in their historyAll the California big boys and DBP twice when they were in their heyday.If Folsom would play these types of games just sometimes they too would get a pass from time to time 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Mission Viejo has done something baby seal foolscum can only dream of,  like taking a knee in the red zone, in 2 back to back wins against DLS. And something DLS can only dream of, defeat the DBP Ironmen. Mission Viejo has 7 wins out of the last 9 against the Trinity League. You are dismissed.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

Mission Viejo has done something baby seal foolscum can only dream of,  like taking a knee in the red zone, in 2 back to back wins against DLS. And something DLS can only dream of, defeat the DBP Ironmen. Mission Viejo has 7 wins out of the last 9 against the Trinity League. You are dismissed.

He does have a point with MV's non-league schedule. St. Mary's? They're okay. MV played DLS as you noted. They can schedule better up north. Upland & SM are good, but La Habra & VP? Either choose VP or LH. Not both if you're someone at MV's level. While they're both good lower division public school programs. That's what they are...lower division public school programs. 

So while it isn't a weak non-league it isn't one of a D1 semifinal regular. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

Found the MV grad

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

He does have a point with MV's non-league schedule. St. Mary's? They're okay. MV played DLS as you noted. They can schedule better up north. Upland & SM are good, but La Habra & VP? Either choose VP or LH. Not both if you're someone at MV's level. While they're both good lower division public school programs. That's what they are...lower division public school programs. 

So while it isn't a weak non-league it isn't one of a D1 semifinal regular. 

La Habra is in the same division as Upland.  Last year, Villa Park beat Servite and only lost to MV by 15.  La Habra only lost by 14.

Regardless of your attempts to disparage, both games are sound.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Exocet 98 said:

I like MV. But what’s funny is that numbnuts here leaves out all of the details of these games as he tries to disparage Folsom/NorCal.

MV only scheduled DLS after The Streak-type talent was cutoff in 2004 due to a changed admissions selection process. DLS lost 3 games and tied Clayton Valley and Palma that year as well. And MV still barely won in 04 and 05. Once the process was changed back, the ass-kickings of SoCal teams recommenced, starting with two thrashings of MV in 06 and 07. Go figure.

Oh ... and DLS caught Bosco when they had two their two best teams ever in 08 and 09. Maybe their best in 09 that won the MNC. MV caught Bosco when they were 7-4 and a burned out shell of what they used to be...and still only split.  

Those pesky little details....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I like MV. But what’s funny is that numbnuts here leaves out all of the details of these games as he tries to disparage Folsom/NorCal.

MV only scheduled DLS after The Streak-type talent was cutoff in 2004 due to a changed admissions selection process. DLS los

Those pesky little details....

Wrongamundo

Sponge Bob scheduled DLS when they had the 151 game win streak still in tact.  MV was not ducking anyone. To the contrary MV was seeking to play the current reigning National Champs which had an intact 151 game win streak.

MV had no way of knowing that DLS would lose to Bellvue in the opener.

For years DLS guys said they won due to the "system" not the talent.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

MV caught Bosco when they were 7-4 and a burned out shell of what they used to be...and still only split.  

This also not exactly correct.2011 MV traveled to NJ to play DBP.A DBP team that finished 11-0 and a share of the MNC.The Home game for MV is when they beat DBP.Again they scheduled them at their height of national prowess 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Wrongamundo

Sponge Bob scheduled DLS when they had the 151 game win streak still in tact.  MV was not ducking anyone. To the contrary MV was seeking to play the current reigning National Champs which had an intact 151 game win streak.

MV had no way of knowing that DLS would lose to Bellvue in the opener.

For years DLS guys said they won due to the "system" not the talent.

Bellevue! They lost to Clovis the following week just as bad, and tied CV and Palma. Nobody said MV was ducking anyone. I simply stated that MV, unintentional or not (and I believe you when you say it was unintentional) played DLS when DLS had a very limited amount of jimmies and Joes...relatively speaking. I too believe that DLS’s system and philosophy is the foundation of why they’re a top notch program. But we all know it’s nice to have D1 and NFL caliber talent on the field to...enhance...the system. 03 to ‘04 was night and day for DLS. That was year that the chickens came home to roost. A very dark day indeed😔

14 hours ago, Ararar said:

This also not exactly correct.2011 MV traveled to NJ to play DBP.A DBP team that finished 11-0 and a share of the MNC.The Home game for MV is when they beat DBP.Again they scheduled them at their height of national prowess 

I stand corrected. That is true. But like as with DLS, they caught a down a Bosco team in ‘12. That was pretty much the beginning of the end for the Ironmen. That said, I’m glad that MV won! Gotta rep Cali and it was great to see the Jersey boys’ epic meltdown. 👍

• Haha 3