Some California news

Ararar

5 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I stand corrected. That is true. But like as with DLS, they caught a down a Bosco team in ‘12. That was pretty much the beginning of the end for the Ironmen. That said, I’m glad that MV won! Gotta two Cali and it was great to see the Jersey boys’ epic meltdown. 👍

That was classic 

NJ started throwing rule books and posting slow motion video 😂

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

That was classic 

NJ started throwing rule books and posting slow motion video 😂

Yep. That was definitely a PrepG classic...or was it still NHFB then? Doesn’t mater, it was gold. You knew when they started posting the slow mo shit, they’d lost it. They’ve never been the same since. 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Yep. That was definitely a PrepG classic...or was it still NHFB then? Doesn’t mater, it was gold. You knew when they started posting the slow mo shit, they’d lost it. They’ve never been the same since. 🤣🤣

Half their posters left the site in protest 😂

we will never see that kind of melt down again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

La Habra is in the same division as Upland.  Last year, Villa Park beat Servite and only lost to MV by 15.  La Habra only lost by 14.

Regardless of your attempts to disparage, both games are sound.

LMAO 

None of those teams won a lower division title last year. Regardless of your attempts to overhype teams based on how they performed vs. Trinity League "Power," Servite.

Re-read the part where I said it wasn't a weak non-league run. It just isn't a schedule worthy of a team that usually is a D1 semifinalist. For example, if South Coast League rival, El Toro had this non-league slate, it would be a murderer's row. ET played in the D3 semifinal in 2017. It was its best year since 2011.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Bellevue! They lost to Clovis the following week just as bad, and tied CV and Palma. Nobody said MV was ducking anyone. I simply stated that MV, unintentional or not (and I believe you when you say it was unintentional) played DLS when DLS had a very limited amount of jimmies and Joes...relatively speaking. I too believe that DLS’s system and philosophy is the foundation of why they’re a top notch program. But we all know it’s nice to have D1 and NFL caliber talent on the field to...enhance...the system. 03 to ‘04 was night and day for DLS. That was year that the chickens came home to roost. A very dark day indeed😔

That DLS team was possibly the worst team they have had since 80's.  I watched the Palma game on the sidelines and man they looked horrible. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I stand corrected. That is true. But like as with DLS, they caught a down a Bosco team in ‘12. That was pretty much the beginning of the end for the Ironmen. That said, I’m glad that MV won! Gotta rep Cali and it was great to see the Jersey boys’ epic meltdown. 👍

That was a meltdown of biblical proportions. LOL.  That was back on the old Rivals board.  I had never eaten so much popcorn, like I did when DBP lost that game.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

MD may be down there two top corners come season time but I'm sure they'll bring in two more top kids by summer lol

Are you referring to Darion? I haven’t heard anything about him. With each passing day it seems more likely Ricks is gone. Some questions could be answered soon when Spring football starts.

Villa Park stepping up to play a tough non-league again with both MD and Servite, along with St. Mission Viejo and a team it might see in again the playoffs in El Toro. Only one easy game vs. Trabuco Hills, who isn't a bad team. They're a tweener. They beat the bad squads and lose to all the good teams. 

VP's frosh and jv teams were pretty good last year. I think they both beat MV and barely lost to Servite finishing 9-1 at both levels. Too bad they don't have a Future Farmers program. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

That DLS team was possibly the worst team they have had since 80's.  I watched the Palma game on the sidelines and man they looked horrible. 

Agreed. It was painful to watch. It was pretty painful for a couple of years after that too. Thankfully, they got back on track. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Agreed. It was painful to watch. It was pretty painful for a couple of years after that too. Thankfully, they got back on track. 

I graduated 06 so I was there and witnessed first hand 2 of the most dominant teams (02 & 03) as well as 2 of the least dominant (04 & 05). To be honest the last 2 years were actually more entertaining and the student/community support went way up due to the fact wins were not a forgone conclusion.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

I graduated 06 so I was there and witnessed first hand 2 of the most dominant teams (02 & 03) as well as 2 of the least dominant (04 & 05). To be honest the last 2 years were actually more entertaining and the student/community support went way up due to the fact wins were not a forgone conclusion.

Thank you for that first hand insight. Good stuff! I’m just being a selfish (DLS)HSFB homer that wants Streak-level teams every year. It’s easy to lose perspective that these are high school kids and high school administrators trying to do what they feel is the right thing. Again, thanks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Thank you for that first hand insight. Good stuff! I’m just being a selfish (DLS)HSFB homer that wants Streak-level teams every year. It’s easy to lose perspective that these are high school kids and high school administrators trying to do what they feel is the right thing. Again, thanks.

Good take, but don't get me wrong I am right there with you the streak years were insane! It's crazy though even with the pivot by the powers that be on admissions, 05-06 brought home a lot of NCS and State championship banners including football, baseball, basketball, soccer, wrestling swimming (not 100% positive), golf and Basketball won state as well. 

LOL but if you saw the 4 yearbooks from those years 02'-06' you could definitely see why the football team may have declined so drastically. The guys in the streak years looked like grown ass men, the latter years not so much.

We all need to get together before the STA game next season!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

Good take, but don't get me wrong I am right there with you the streak years were insane! It's crazy though even with the pivot by the powers that be on admissions, 05-06 brought home a lot of NCS and State championship banners including football, baseball, basketball, soccer, wrestling swimming (not 100% positive), golf and Basketball won state as well. 

LOL but if you saw the 4 yearbooks from those years 02'-06' you could definitely see why the football team may have declined so drastically. The guys in the streak years looked like grown ass men, the latter years not so much.

We all need to get together before the STA game next season!

For sure! I’m sure we’ll do just that. Can’t wait. This will be a good game. People are sleeping on DLS this year with all of the graduations. But I’m of the opinion, other than the LBs, the Spartans will be strong pretty much everywhere. That’s my opinion at least. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

DLS receivers were often wide open, but almost every ball was overthrown.  The Spartans were actually inches from losing that game when they had a fumble in their own backfield.  The Palma safety (who, I think was also their QB) scooped it up and was only brought down by a shoestring tackle to prevent a long return for a score.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Wrongamundo

Sponge Bob scheduled DLS when they had the 151 game win streak still in tact.  MV was not ducking anyone. To the contrary MV was seeking to play the current reigning National Champs which had an intact 151 game win streak.

MV had no way of knowing that DLS would lose to Bellvue in the opener.

For years DLS guys said they won due to the "system" not the talent.

Additionally, they had scheduled (and clobbered) both of the SS D-I finalists that season in Los Al and LB Poly. 

After those games, though, everyone expected them to do the same against DLS.  17-14 certainly sounds like the system kicked in when the talent-level couldn't.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

If you're a DLS homer, why isn't your username "Greenliner"?

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

DLS receivers were often wide open, but almost every ball was overthrown.  The Spartans were actually inches from losing that game when they had a fumble in their own backfield.  The Palma safety (who, I think was also their QB) scooped it up and was only brought down by a shoestring tackle to prevent a long return for a score.

I remember that.  I thought after halftime, Palma would win.  Was just not an impressive team DLS had that year. 

39 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Additionally, they had scheduled (and clobbered) both of the SS D-I finalists that season in Los Al and LB Poly. 

After those games, though, everyone expected them to do the same against DLS.  17-14 certainly sounds like the system kicked in when the talent-level couldn't.

I'd argue that 2004 St. Mission Viejo team was the best in OC history prior to the Super Team era. I think they had 3 guys make the League in Dirty Sanchez, Jed Collins and Nick Reid. 

• Like 2