Some California news

Ararar

4 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

not trying to be funny...i would honestly be surprised if he doesn't take the job after Rollo retires. I know i would up my tithing to help cover the cost. Plus he lives down the street from MD...

Coaching Mater Dei is not the sort of challenge that I think drives Logan.  If he left Cen10, I would think it would be to build up another program, not guide an established juggernaut down a path with predictable results.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Coaching Mater Dei is not the sort of challenge that I think drives Logan.  If he left Cen10, I would think it would be to build up another program, not guide an established juggernaut down a path with predictable results.  

Hmmm...what other reason could there be for him to go BACK to MD...

B2F29F5F-A790-4590-B45D-6339A114FACC.gif.39f0dae35f7c5193cf22c7281f9ef982.gif

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Hmmm...what other reason could there be for him to go BACK to MD...

B2F29F5F-A790-4590-B45D-6339A114FACC.gif.39f0dae35f7c5193cf22c7281f9ef982.gif

Oops, how shamefully shallow of me failing to recount that Monetary Desire, should usurp the myriad other reasons a coach at the high school level might factor in choosing a program.  Guess, I’ll have to beg forgiveness later.

32 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

What difference does it make if they miss the last 5 games cuz i would assume they would be able to play come playoff time which is when it really matters 

I would think its a big difference, since the last 5 games are most likely league games, where as the first 5 would be mainly non league games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I would think its a big difference, since the last 5 games are most likely league games, where as the first 5 would be mainly non league games. 

You're also trying to build momentum and chemistry towards a playoff run.

I think it's an interesting idea, but unlikely to get sufficient support.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Well let's use MD as an example. Hypothetically they go 3-2 in league lose to Bosco and Jserra. Get back 3-4 really good players and have them for playoffs and a championship run. Does it really hurt them? 

7 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Well let's use MD as an example. Hypothetically they go 3-2 in league lose to Bosco and Jserra. Get back 3-4 really good players and have them for playoffs and a championship run. Does it really hurt them? 

Doesn’t really hurt if your goal is a CIF title. But at MD the goal is a national title so yes it would hurt in that case.

• Like 1

Forgive if I’m late with this, but I don’t see any discussion anywhere. 

It appears that St. Mary’s-Stockton cancelled their game with James Logan on 8/30, and will now be traveling to Mission Viejo. 

SM ironically lost their top D1 bound CB to Folsom...who is playing Antelope that night. But SM must believe that they’ve still got some horses though.

SM’s non-league games are now: Pitt, DLS, MV, and Central Catholic-Modesto. Why can’t Folsom do this? 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

It appears that St. Mary’s-Stockton cancelled their game with James Logan on 8/30, and will now be traveling to Mission Viejo. 

SM ironically lost their top D1 bound CB to Folsom...who is playing Antelope that night. But SM must believe that they’ve still got some horses though.

SM’s non-league games are now: Pitt, DLS, MV, and Central Catholic-Modesto. Why can’t Folsom do this? 

image.thumb.png.1242073f16f28bf8d05bf00ba36582ac.png

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Good for SM.Very tough non league for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

They could go 0-4 in these games. I think they’d be happy with a 2-2 split and the experience. They must think that they have something going on down there though. Good for them. Way to challenge  their kids/talent. 👍😎

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

They could go 0-4 in these games. I think they’d be happy with a 2-2 split and the experience. They must think that they have something going on down there though. Good for them. Way to challenge  their kids/talent. 👍😎

They are teaching these kids to challenge themselves and with risk comes reward.Its going to pay dividends down the road 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

So SM Dropped A Bad James Logan Team and replaces them with MV.... Apparently teams can get out of “2 Year Deals” is they really want to...

On top of this year SM has played SJB, MD x 2 and DLS x 3 in the last 8 years...

You would think The Rams are the SJS “Powerhouse” Team that has won 4 SBG, 7 Section Titles and 40 Straight league games since 2010...

Instead, the team that has accomplished all that is hiding behind “2 Year deals” with “Antelope” instead of Traveling to So Cal to play one of the Top 2 So Cal Public Schools....

Since we are also talking about D1 CB Transfers, a hot topic on the OC Board is that Ricks from MD is Transferring to IMG?... It doesn’t make any sense to me, he has been at MD the whole time and can graduate early... Plus, it’s not like IMG can offer a better schedule, more competition, or more exposure...

@Bodysurf , @Eddyr2 any truth to this Rumor that you know of?

• Like 5