For all our handicappers: DLS vs. Folsom

Belly Bob

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Agreed. My point is that you can’t even begin to make the comparison unless Folsom makes it to the open.  Even then, you would have to break down the victories.  

Fair enough, brother. I agree as well. And believe it or not, that's all I'm asking for. I'm just skeptical of their true metal since they haven't played anyone, let alone beat any team that puts them in the conversation. It'll be interesting to see how they do against DLS and maybe MD, CC, or SJB if they're "lucky".

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

I'm just skeptical of their true metal since they haven't played anyone, let alone beat any team that puts them in the conversation. I

It may come down to just that.  DLS has played a number of big games against power teams and won’t be intimidated whatsoever.  Folsom’s big games are against a lot lesser competition.  Even superior talent can be upstaged in that scenario, if they do in fact even have superior talent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, On2whls said:

It may come down to just that.  DLS has played a number of big games against power teams and won’t be intimidated whatsoever.  Folsom’s big games are against a lot lesser competition.  Even superior talent can be upstaged in that scenario, if they do in fact even have superior talent.

Ya know. That’s a good point. Everyone’s pretty much aquiesced to the notion that Folsom has the superior talent. Myself included. But if ya really think about it, it’s probably pretty even. It might even tip in Dls’s favor if ya go 1-22 plus ST. 

Honestly, all that skill talent for Folsom doesn’t mean much if ya can’t get them the ball. This is where Bennett evens out the playing field. DLS will have to put pressure on him (which they will), and let To oto o spy. IMHO with his ability to diagnose quickly, along with his speed and explosiveness, To oto o is the perfect LB to spy Bennett and limit those drive extenders.

On the flip side, if the Folsom can give Bennett time, those weapons have proven to be dangerous.

Somethings gotta give.

23 hours ago, DLS_Spartan said:

Would a valid comparison for 2018 Folsom be 2015 Cen5 team?

@TheBlockIsHot

@PrepGridiron

@Belly Bob

@ThunderRam

I think that they play a similar style of football.

We'll have to wait and see how Folsom does. Cen10 was the no. 1 ranked team in the nation in every major poll leading up to the DLS game. That's a tough act to follow.

Cen10 would definitely be the more experienced program. That counts for a lot in my book.

With respect to individual talent, I'd have to do my homework, which I'm not going to do. But I'd be interested in seeing a comparison, if someone would be kind enough to do the work.

If I remember correctly, Cen10 had a highly recruited WR, two talented dual-threat QBs, and a RB that ended up in the Pac-12. So I wouldn't be surprised if Cen10 had more individual talent than Folsom. If so, to compare 2018 Folsom to 2015 Cen10 probably is flattering to Folsom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

I think that they play a similar style of football.

We'll have to wait and see how Folsom does. Cen10 was the no. 1 ranked team in the nation in every major poll leading up to the DLS game. That's a tough act to follow.

Cen10 would definitely be the more experienced program. That counts for a lot in my book.

With respect to individual talent, I'd have to do my homework, which I'm not going to do. But I'd be interested in seeing a comparison, if someone would be kind enough to do the work.

If I remember correctly, Cen10 had a highly recruited WR, two talented dual-threat QBs, and a RB that ended up in the Pac-12. So I wouldn't be surprised if Cen10 had more individual talent than Folsom. If so, to compare 2018 Folsom to 2015 Cen10 probably is flattering to Folsom.

In 2014 Cen10 platooned 2 QB’s. In 2015 it was 95% Catalano with Tanner getting a few snaps.  In addition to McKinley at wideout they had two other decent receivers, Bynum and Jackson.  Their backup RB would have started anywhere else and he played slot and was another breakaway threat on any given play. I think they had more talent than DLS but got stopped 4 times inside the 25 and you know how Logan feels about field goals.  The kick return game was also pretty awesome.  I dont think Folsom could put up 62 on the same SJB team that Cen10 did.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, On2whls said:

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I totally agree with this.This is exactly how I feel about his 2018 DLS-Folsom tilt. I get it that past games can’t 100% predict future results. Different times, different teams. But if one looks at the respective histories (and styles) of these programs, ya can’t help but think DLS will still have the edge in a big time head to head matchup. 

Cen10 was legit in ‘15. To get to the Open was a monumental feat for them, and then they played in a bloodbath against DLS that they could’ve just as well won. 

17 minutes ago, On2whls said:

In 2014 Cen10 platooned 2 QB’s. In 2015 it was 95% Catalano with Tanner getting a few snaps.  In addition to McKinley at wideout they had two other decent receivers, Bynum and Jackson.  Their backup RB would have started anywhere else and he played slot and was another breakaway threat on any given play. I think they had more talent than DLS but got stopped 4 times inside the 25 and you know how Logan feels about field goals.  The kick return game was also pretty awesome.  I dont think Folsom could put up 62 on the same SJB team that Cen10 did.

What impressed me most about Cen10 in ‘15 was their defense. They were stout on both sides of the ball. Probably woulda  beat DLS if Logan would just kick a fg every now and again. That was a very hard hitting game.

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

What impressed me most about Cen10 in ‘15 was their defense. They were stout on both sides of the ball. Probably woulda  beat DLS if Logan would just kick a fg every now and again. That was a very hard hitting game.

Agree 100% on Cen10 D that game.  Didn't expect them to play so well.  They looked liked they figured out how to jam up the veer.  Could have been the athletes but seemed like a coaching thing on how they attacked the running lanes and clogged them up.  

Great game and very hard hitting.  Thank God Logan hates to kick fg.  Cost him a couple of ship's.  

29 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Agree 100% on Cen10 D that game.  Didn't expect them to play so well.  They looked liked they figured out how to jam up the veer.  Could have been the athletes but seemed like a coaching thing on how they attacked the running lanes and clogged them up.  

Great game and very hard hitting.  Thank God Logan hates to kick fg.  Cost him a couple of ship's.  

Yep. I agree. Who would’ve expected a 14-7 halftime score after the 63-42 game the year before. They clearly learned fro that game. I think that both teams were like ...we ain’t going out like that! Left it all out there. One of DLS’s best teams and one of Cen10’s best teams. Epic...I honk we all agree that was a great way to end that Hsfb season. That’s why I know that this Folsom team will likely lose to ‘18 version of DLS and is not even in the discussion with that ‘15 Cen10 team.....yet. Let’s see them go prove it. 

8 hours ago, On2whls said:

Thanks to a new tool that ECHS shared with me, georgia.247sports.com, I've found out that Cen10's 2016 class had...

1 4*

6 3*

2 2*

and one other kid who got 4 offers even though he had 0 stars. That's 10 kids in the 2016 class alone who got offered.

Folsom's 2019 class has...

1 4* and...

2 3*

So unless there are some big changes coming, it looks like 2015 Cen10 had significantly more individual talent than Folsom 2018 will have. 

And for what it's worth, DLS's 2016 class had...

2 4* and...

1 3*

That's a total of 3 kids who got offered.

Yet they still won. Impressive. 

3 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Thanks to a new tool that ECHS shared with me, georgia.247sports.com, I've found out that Cen10's 2016 class had...

1 4*

6 3*

2 2*

and one other kid who got 4 offers even though he had 0 stars. That's 10 kids in the 2016 class alone who got offered.

Folsom's 2019 class has...

1 4* and...

2 3*

So unless there are some big changes coming, it looks like 2015 Cen10 had significantly more individual talent than Folsom 2018 will have. 

And for what it's worth, DLS's 2016 class had...

2 4* and...

1 3*

That's a total of 3 kids who got offered.

Yet they still won. Impressive. 

I’m not trying to compare Folsom to C10 but it should be noted that some of Folsom’s best players are from the class of 2020. They were extremely young this past season. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

What positions and how many of these best players, if you can indulge me, would be greatly appreciated.

The only thing you need to know is the DLS posters are trying to convince others on this board of their superiority, based on games played 5 years ago. 

They know, as well as everyone else, that the buzz saw is coming from them in August. Folsom is simply too talented and well coached across the board than this DLS team. 

Folsom will be celebrating on DLSs field soon. There will be a lot of crying on this board. I can't wait. 

10 hours ago, Folsom Prison said:

I’m not trying to compare Folsom to C10 but it should be noted that some of Folsom’s best players are from the class of 2020. They were extremely young this past season. 

I do see 3 kids show up for the 2020 class. 

None of them have stars yet, but I'm sure that that will change, given that two of the kids have offers already.

So that's 6 kids in total, 5 of which have offers already. Not bad.

2 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

The only thing you need to know is the DLS posters are trying to convince others on this board of their superiority, based on games played 5 years ago. 

They know, as well as everyone else, that the buzz saw is coming from them in August. Folsom is simply too talented and well coached across the board than this DLS team. 

Folsom will be celebrating on DLSs field soon. There will be a lot of crying on this board. I can't wait. 

You know full well no one is “trying” to convince anyone of anything.  They’re simply trying to present an objective analysis of a much-awaited game.

You, on the other hand, provide nothing of substance, while continuing to stir the pot with your relentless, non-productive, off-topic, and content-free effluent.

I’ll say it again: folsom = bullshit.

26646078-FA81-4364-87E6-E59409F88FE9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

You know full well no one is “trying” to convince anyone of anything.  They’re simply trying to present an objective analysis of a much-awaited game.

You, on the other hand, provide nothing of substance, while continuing to stir the pot with your relentless, non-productive, off-topic, and content-free effluent.

I’ll say it again: folsom = bullshit.

26646078-FA81-4364-87E6-E59409F88FE9.jpeg

The game is happening no matter who doesn't like it. 

Folsom by 2 scores. 

1 hour ago, Folsom Prison said:

Most seasons C10>Folsom. Not this upcoming season or a few seasons in the recent past. 

Good grief. All’s I ask is that you give us one shred of evidence to supports this claim. I can go on for an hour telling you as to why Folsom couldn’t hold the Husky’s collective jock. Just one example is that Helix put up 42 rather easily. CC would’ve and still would put up 70 on every Folsom team. Maybe only 50-60 or so against the ‘14 team. I’m pretty sure that you and that shitbag block are the only two who think otherwise. You two are likely the same two people, so it’s actually just one now.

5 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

What positions and how many of these best players, if you can indulge me, would be greatly appreciated.

I don't want to step on Folsom Prison's toes, but according to the website, the 2020 class looks like this...

D. Ngata ATH (no stars but 6 offers)

E. Badger WR (no stars, 0 offers)

J. Reithmeier PRO (no stars but 8 offers)

Folsom has talent; it's too bad for them that none of it is in the front 7. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Who doesn't like it?

More effluence.

Are you still "going ghost" soon, or did you forget about that?

Affluence. And Folsom has more than DLS or Concord. 

I'v decided that hanging out here is much funner now that my job is over. 

I am building up to the epic meltdown on this forum in August when the mod will need to shut it down for a week or so lol

3 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't want to step on Folsom Prison's toes, but according to the website, the 2020 class looks like this...

D. Ngata ATH (no stars but 6 offers)

E. Badger WR (no stars, 0 offers)

J. Reithmeier PRO (no stars but 8 offers)

Folsom has talent; it's too bad for them that none of it is in the front 7. 

You are an idiot. D Ngata has an offer from Notre Dame and multiple others. 

Badger has offers already although he has been quiet. 

D Ngata will probably be the difference in this game btw. 

FB_IMG_1519585884272.jpg