For all our handicappers: DLS vs. Folsom

Belly Bob

"I've seen a lot of games, but I've never seen anything as brutally clear as this.  It's as if it's already happened. 

I can actually see DLS o-line smashing the life out of Our front 7 as if this game has already happened and there's nothing you can do about it.

The way you sometimes feel about an ill considered matchup, knowing it will fail, but you cannot stop it."

-Folsom scout

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

"I've seen a lot of games, but I've never seen anything as brutally clear as this.  It's as if it's already happened. 

I can actually see DLS o-line smashing the life out of Our front 7 as if this game has already happened and there's nothing you can do about it.

The way you sometimes feel about an ill considered matchup, knowing it will fail, but you cannot stop it."

-Folsom scout

I know one thing. We may have to do a welfare check on you along with @PrepGridiron after this game. 

5 hours ago, DLS_Spartan said:

Would a valid comparison for 2018 Folsom be 2015 Cen5 team?

@TheBlockIsHot

@PrepGridiron

@Belly Bob

@ThunderRam

Good grief. I hope that this is a troll question. That Cen10 team won the Pac 5 playoffs and was #1 in the country going into the Open. Actually, the more that I think about it, I'd like to compare this 2018 Folsom team to Alabama. Makes as much sense.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Only if Folsom makes it through to the open game. 

Can we just stop this nonsense already.  All's Folsom has to do is beat DLS (which they won't), and they make it to the Open. Folsom gave up 42 Helix.

Cen10 scored 830 points and gave up 220 playing the SS. They're not playing freaking WoodCreek and River City. They had to beat East, Chaminade (when they were actually good), Olu x2, MD, and SJB just to get to the Open. Does anyone REALLY think that Folsom has the Jimmies and Joes where it matters to beat DLS, let alone SJB? Bennett will be running for his life against DLS, and would get absolutely killed against MD and SJB....hence the major dodge of SJB.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Can we just stop this nonsense already.  All's Folsom has to do is beat DLS (which they won't), and they make it to the Open. Folsom gave up 42 Helix.

Cen10 scored 830 points and gave up 220 playing the SS. They're not playing freaking WoodCreek and River City. They had to beat East, Chaminade (when they were actually good), Olu x2, MD, and SJB just to get to the Open. Does anyone REALLY think that Folsom has the Jimmies and Joes where it matters to beat DLS, let alone SJB? Bennett will be running for his life against DLS, and would get absolutely killed against MD and SJB....hence the major dodge of SJB.

Folsom will beat DLS.

Folsom Will beat Chaminade. 

Both on the road. 

Folsom will play in the open. 

54 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

hence the major dodge of SJB.

You know, I was thinking this too prior to them landing the DLS game. But now knowing that they wanted that game first and foremost and actually got it scheduled, I don’t think it’s fair to say they were dodging SJB.

After all, if they beat DLS as they certainly hope to do, they will likely be playing SJB in the Open game. It wouldn’t make sense to schedule SJB on top of DLS given the chances of playing them again in the Open. Same logic applies to DLS. There’s no point in scheduling SJB, Cent10 or Mater Dei because of the Open.

Ive been critical of Folsom’s scheduling for years and had they not scheduled DLS I’d be railing them for refusing the SJB invite. But considering how things turned out, it’s unfair to do that IMO.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

You know, I was thinking this too prior to them landing the DLS game. But now knowing that they wanted that game first and foremost and actually got it scheduled, I don’t think it’s fair to say they were dodging SJB.

After all, if they beat DLS as they certainly hope to do, they will likely be playing SJB in the Open game. It wouldn’t make sense to schedule SJB on top of DLS given the chances of playing them again in the Open. Same logic applies to DLS. There’s no point in scheduling SJB, Cent10 or Mater Dei because of the Open.

Ive been critical of Folsom’s scheduling for years and had they not scheduled DLS I’d be railing them for refusing the SJB invite. But considering how things turned out, it’s unfair to do that IMO.

Fair enough, Thunder. DLS has said the same thing before. Can't argue that.

So...it is my personal opinion that there is no way on God's green earth that Folsom would schedule SJB...ever. So since this will likely be the best team that they ever have, their lone goals are to stock up on D76 state "championships" and pray for a win over DLS. Folsom rocks.9_9

This week 0 game announcement just supercharged their whole offseason mentality. DLS knows this is Folsom's one shot to beat them and end the NorCal "streak". Normally, DLS could care less about that. But this is different. They know it. DLS will be ready. You can bet on that.

EDIT: This reminds me of the Bellevue game just a little. Ol' Gonch built up his program and challenged DLS when the Wolverines had their best team ever with a boat load of D1s and several NFLers that coincided with DLS's weakest team in 30 years. Difference here is that Bellevue was much better than Folsom and '18 DLS will be better than the '04 Spartans. Henry and Garrett are going to run roughshod over that Folsom D.

45-28 DLS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Agreed. My point is that you can’t even begin to make the comparison unless Folsom makes it to the open.  Even then, you would have to break down the victories.