Orange Lutheran...

RedZone

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The only reason DLS fumbles vs Trinity league teams is because their tackles are getting jammed at the LOS and pushed back into the hand off zone.

Wont be a problem vs the devil 

Agree. DLS (minus the center position who’s always on the smallish size), may be 250-270 down the LOS. And a 230-240 TE. Gonna be a long night for the Folsom D. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Folsom Prison said:

Neither team is going to punt in this game. If you have ever seen Folsom play, they don't punt, for better or worse. This is part of the reason they got smacked the last time they played DLS. They were going for it on 4th&15 on their own 30. DLS has the edge because they are playing at home and have bigger/better lines but Folsom's offense is better than DLS. 

Folsom's QB, WR, RB > DLS

DLS Lines, Defense, Coaching > Folsom

This game is going to be a high scoring shoot out IMO.

yeah...the stuff i have in bold for DLS are what wins games...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

i don’t notice the tackles being pinched 

Dear member

All copies of this exhibition game were previously banned and confiscated.  We do not condone dark net material for consumption in these forums.

References to this event are upsetting to some, and a violation of our board bylaws.  Please remove your post and provide your electronic signature to agree to never mention, or refer to said exibition game again.  

Thank you in advance.

- The Comish

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The only reason DLS fumbles vs Trinity league teams is because their tackles are getting jammed at the LOS and pushed back into the hand off zone.

Wont be a problem vs the devil 

54 minutes ago, Pops said:

i don’t notice the tackles being pinched 

Servites D-Line that year was small, really good but small. To beat the veer you need to have big strong A-gap players who can push the DLS center back into the DLS QB. DLS's Veer is clock work, so how do you beat it? throw 300lb Samoans at the clock.

the first play on this video is a good example of the theory in practice:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Folsoms offense is better against inferior defenses. Its not necessarily better, it just puts up more points more quickly. But according to the competition, DLS' O may have the advantage.

If DLS had Folsom's offense they would be a better team and this can't be disputed. DLS has better defense and lines. Folsom's offense is going to be explosive next year and this time Folsom has a QB who is a straight athlete. Browning couldn't do anything against DLS because he moves like my dead grandfather. Folsom's QB is going to cause major problems for DLS which is why they have a better chance this time around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Folsom Prison said:

If DLS had Folsom's offense they would be a better team and this can't be disputed. DLS has better defense and lines. Folsom's offense is going to be explosive next year and this time Folsom has a QB who is a straight athlete. Browning couldn't do anything against DLS because he moves like my dead grandfather. Folsom's QB is going to cause major problems for DLS which is why they have a better chance this time around. 

I agree. Folsom has an athletic qb. They’ll be tough to handle because of him. But ask you to look at some film on DLS’s MLB for next season....and the speed in which he closes out ball carriers. Dude’s a straight up missle with offers from every major program in the country. If I was DLS, I’d have him spy. DLS will have 4 guys on their front 7 that will be playing on Saturdays. I’m pretty sure Folsom hasn’t seen that kind of competition since......well the last time they played DLS. Good luck to both teams. I can’t wait!

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'll be honest I didn't hate Folsom until Blockhead and Pops started propping them as world beaters... 

And Hate is a strong word... 

I still don't hate em but they aren't on my list of favorites anymore... 

They killed it... 

Same for me with coldcuts and rab. The state followed shortly after when y'all got high speed internet. Lol

6 hours ago, Pops said:

Mostly agree..., some quibbles

1). They’ve played other people that could punch back — in 2010, they played Grant twice and serra in SBG — Grant was preseason #1 in somempolls and serra was top 25 with 4 future NFL 1st 2 rounders.   Oceanside was top 100 and so was grant the week before — Folsom just made both look silly, but that’s part of folsom’s Schlick (crushing you by 10 TDs).

2). Does the math change for quality opponents?  I’m not sure the Pulaski (AR) coach isn’t a genius for being even more like that (never punts, always onside kicks because he’s done the math — sort of ala Moneyball).  Certainly when it doesn’t work in a big game it’s easy to criticize but that may be what’s driving the norm more than the actual statistics

True, but look at #1. Grant the second time was nowhere the same team the second time they played. I was at the first game and Grant at the end of the year was not the same. With Altenberg at the helm, Serra has never been elite. Talented, yes. But an actual elite team, no. 

2. Yes. I’d say what you do against a Woodcreek in week 3 as far as in game decisions won’t be as likely to cost you than if you are playing the likes of  SJB or DLS. So in a big game against a better opponent I’d say so.

Really like Matt Logan, but he doesn’t kick field goals....great but probably should have against Paly in the SBG.

He also would probably never need to worry about scoring to quickly against a Roosevelt or a Norco. But against an IMG, yeah might not want to leave to much time and actually manage the clock better. So I’d say alter your game plan and adapt, it’s good coaching.

1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

True, but look at #1. Grant the second time was nowhere the same team the second time they played. I was at the first game and Grant at the end of the year was not the same. With Altenberg at the helm, Serra has never been elite. Talented, yes. But an actual elite team, no. 

2. Yes. I’d say what you do against a Woodcreek in week 3 as far as in game decisions won’t be as likely to cost you than if you are playing the likes of  SJB or DLS. So in a big game against a better opponent I’d say so.

Really like Matt Logan, but he doesn’t kick field goals....great but probably should have against Paly in the SBG.

He also would probably never need to worry about scoring to quickly against a Roosevelt or a Norco. But against an IMG, yeah might not want to leave to much time and actually manage the clock better. So I’d say alter your game plan and adapt, it’s good coaching.

Grant was night and day different between the 2 games. Injuries killed them. Grant came in like the walking wounded into the playoffs. Folsom did do great against Serra tho. Great game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

California ain't exactly spotless...  

I swear half of y'all sniff sharpies and drink glue.... 

Oh come on bro. You're telling me you don't like the smell of sharpies? My favorite thing as a kid was getting the different flavored markers and me and all my bodies would take turn smelling them then fighting over which one was good enough to eat.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Oh come on bro. You're telling me you don't like the smell of sharpies? My favorite thing as a kid was getting the different flavored markers and me and all my bodies would take turn smelling them then fighting over which one was good enough to eat.

A0CF3929-7D9D-440B-950C-EC13AB16565A.jpeg

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Agree. DLS (minus the center position who’s always on the smallish size), may be 250-270 down the LOS. And a 230-240 TE. Gonna be a long night for the Folsom D. 

DLS’s center usually weighs about 195# although wasn’t that big last couple of years

your report in the soph QB (which I knew a little about) and the other stud Sophs (WR and OL/ DL) was very encouraging 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

DLS’s center usually weighs about 195# although wasn’t that big last couple of years

your report in the soph QB (which I knew a little about) and the other stud Sophs (WR and OL/ DL) was very encouraging 

Clearly, I’m no expert. But...There’s reason to be encouraged. With respect to the kids, It’s the exact opposite of what we have seen at the qb position for DLS the past couple of years. He’s got “it”. He was throwing 25 yard out routes on a line. He just needs to get coached up, grow ( he looked to be about 6-0, 170 right now.)and go out and do it. He’s got all the tools. I think he’ll make DLS instantly better...even with the lack of experience. I hope I’m right.

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Clearly, I’m no expert. But...There’s reason to be encouraged. With respect to the kids, It’s the exact opposite of what we have seen at the qb position for DLS the past couple of years. He’s got “it”. He was throwing 25 yard out routes on a line. He just needs to get coached up, grow ( he looked to be about 6-0, 170 right now.)and go out and do it. He’s got all the tools. I think he’ll make DLS instantly better...even with the lack of experience. I hope I’m right.

Wonder if either returning senior QB can play another position well

48 minutes ago, Pops said:

Wonder if either returning senior QB can play another position well

Storti is a gamer. I saw him at the Los Medanos passing tourney before last season. He can play DB...had an int and a couple of really good breakups. If I was DLS, I’d make Jones the back up if he still on the team. He’s a baseball guy first and foremost. Not sure he can play any other position. And at least look at Storti at DB. Garrett can throw the ball pretty well too. They’ve got some options. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Goldmember said:

45bbfeb0d05fa3dea422616e596645de-full.jp

Survey says?

cbf61277b24ec864ae890da38d13b5b6.jpg

How ya doing canes/ Los/ Carlos/ Gucifer?

ive missed you

well, they were certainly #1 in CA; pretty sure they were #3 at rivals.  Thought they started #1 someplace

are you sure you have r cord of everyones starting position

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

How ya doing canes/ Los/ Carlos/ Gucifer?

ive missed you

well, they were certainly #1 in CA; pretty sure they were #3 at rivals.  Thought they started #1 someplace

are you sure you have r cord of everyones starting position

Pops, you seem so excited to see your buddy posted, you capitalization is way off or that triple shot latte is giving you the jitters.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Pops, you seem so excited to see your buddy posted, you capitalization is way off or that triple shot latte is giving you the jitters.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I like having canes around 

he’s an ass but higher IQ than GA posters (who isnt? Amiright?) and I prefer being challenged 

I may be a bit giddy about sniffing out his new handles — that’s not challenging but I like catching immediately