Are Texas HS Football best days behind them?

Sammyswordsman

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Having Katy was impacted by the hurricanes last year so I wouldn't read to much into that.  But having them in the same 6a playoff bracket as the Dallas schools, (imo) definitely would elevate the final 8 compared to the Calif (CIF open) playoffs.

IMO Allen plays to many teams that are not even in the Texas Top 50 and should schedule better in state, if they are going to continue to avoid Top OOS teams.

I'm not reading anything into Katy and last season.  By week 15 the effects from the hurricane were mitigated.

allen scheduled who they thought would be good.  Coppell was solid and a top 25 team and cedar hill was preseason top 10.  The rest were district games so they play who they play.

i believe Katy, westlake, a healthy Judson, cy fair and lake Travis would have given Allen all they could handle last season.  On any given Friday thy could have beaten each other. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I'm not reading anything into Katy and last season.  By week 15 the effects from the hurricane were mitigated.

allen scheduled who they thought would be good.  Coppell was solid and a top 25 team and cedar hill was preseason top 10.  The rest were district games so they play who they play.

i believe Katy, westlake, a healthy Judson, cy fair and lake Travis would have given Allen all they could handle last season.  On any given Friday thy could have beaten each other. 

Fair enough, but you should also admit the same about DLS vs. Trinity (if you decide to be honest with the board)

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Fair enough, but you should also admit the same about DLS vs. Trinity (if you decide to be honest with the board)

I never said they wouldn't.  What I refuted was the nonsense that latter on DLS would had beaten them easily.  A few made that claim of course. (ETs physical run game would have kept them close and within striking distance to DLS regardless) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Sounds like an excuse. Now I see why west coast teams are hesitant to play in texas and the south. 

Not an excuse, but quality teams with many OOS choices would prefer not to play in south Ga or Texas in the month of August.  Not because of the questionable quality of the teams, but because of the questionable quality of the weather.

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Not an excuse, but quality teams with many OOS choices would prefer not to play in south Ga or Texas in the month of August.  Not because of the questionable quality of the teams, but because of the questionable quality of the weather.

Guess that's why so many teams scared to travel to Florida 

Not only is it 90+ with high humidity but a day later we could be having a downpour from a flipping hurricane 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Sounds like an excuse. Now I see why west coast teams are hesitant to play in texas and the south. 

Maybe on game day they can check temps across Tx and pick the right temp for them and show up at that town and play........should be no problem....unless the temp rises then do it all over again. I can see Allen, Lake Travis, Katy buses just following along as the coach has his hand out of a window with a thermometer until the right temp fits their needs.....

• Haha 1

California is a power state. But for  Samuel Adams to come on here and suggest Texas is lacking in any department is ludicrous. It just sounds like hating. Lebron type hating. 

Texas has proved themselves as tops nationally in oos games and with the competition in state.

This was a "im bored, it's the summer" drive by thread. 

Someone needs to kick him in the pants and tell him to run along home 😂

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

California is a power state. But for  Samuel Adams to come on here and suggest Texas is lacking in any department is ludicrous. It just sounds like hating. Lebron type hating. 

Texas has proved themselves as tops nationally in oos games and with the competition in state.

This was a "im bored, it's the summer" drive by thread. 

Someone needs to kick him in the pants and tell him to run along home 😂

Never said that Texas was not a power state.  Simply pointed out that Texas under performed from a National standpoint in 2017.  But so did Florida, and no one is saying that Florida is not a power state either.

We will see if either state can show improvement in 2018.  Maybe they will and maybe they won't.  Right now the national polls are once again "West Coast heavy".

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I do view CA sideways. I've said many times that they only have six nationally relevant teams like NJ. TX, CA and FL will always be the top tier of hsfb states. Stop being so defensive. It was a bad loss. It happens. 

I must have missed something.  What were the 6 nationally relevant teams in NJ last year?

Help a brother out.

Never said that Texas was not a power state.  Simply pointed out that Texas under performed from a National standpoint in 2017.  But so did Florida, and no one is saying that Florida is not a power state either.

We will see if either state can show improvement in 2018.  Maybe they will and maybe they won't.  Right now the national polls are once again "West Coast heavy".

Texas didn't underperform in OOS last year.  Now, you may think their schedules may need to be improve, but that's not saying they underperformed.

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I do view CA sideways. I've said many times that they only have six nationally relevant teams like NJ. TX, CA and FL will always be the top tier of hsfb states. Stop being so defensive. It was a bad loss. It happens. 

I'm not defensive if I'm asking a question. What about OH and lasalle?  The point is every state has a team that misses the mark, from time to time,  whether instate or OOS. 

Clearly you don't know Texas.  N.S. lost 3 games in Texas. They won State in overtime in the weakest 6A Div that year. ET lost in 1st rd of playoffs and was challenged during the season.  DLS destroyed Cali. 6ADII was the top Div.  You're looking for help from a team NS that was lucky to be top 5 in DII. Ask anyone. Katy and LT would have destroyed them. So would Allen and Desoto.  DLS didn't hyper improve nor did N.S. ET barely beat 5A Lancaster and beat SLC 37 - 35.  Depth

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

How illogical are your points not to point out that North Shore had already been beat twice before they ever played Trinity by other Texas Teams.

this is called depth something you boys wouldn’t have clue about in Cali 

how many other teams beat DLS that year?  0.0 teams!

Then to ignore that Trinity was knocked out in the first round is even more illogical.

your post is stupid anyways because it implies that North Shore lost to DLS. They didn’t play.

Come on dude. You know what I meant. All we hear is excuses such as " Westlake loses their QB " for the reason they got smoked by NV.

I could give the same excuse for Dela  in 2009,  losing both early oos games to Lakeland and DBP when they didn't have their qb,  and rb's were both injured. It seems like only Texas is allowed to make excuses, but don't give the same consideration when judging other teams from other states. The logical explanation is that some years Texas has very elite teams, and some years  they don't. As a whole, Texas is definitely  the deepest state, but their best teams aren't always at the top of Nation's best. You live in a delusion when you think last years Allen was better than MD. 2013 Allen maybe could've given them a game, but no Texas team since then would've beaten them, or 2016 BG for that matter. You hang your hat on beating Dela in 1rst game of season, as to Texas superiority at the  top, but beating Dela in 1rst week  is not a great example. Dela almost always is pretty bad first few games of season, and a lot of teams can beat them at that time. Seems like alot of your best teams share the same fate, losing early but getting it together to win state, but you don't understand that concept.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So it's too hot/humid for them? I guess that's a good reason for teams not to travel to that region.... 

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Clearly you don't know Texas.  N.S. lost 3 games in Texas. They won State in overtime in the weakest 6A Div that year. ET lost in 1st rd of playoffs and was challenged during the season.  DLS destroyed Cali. 6ADII was the top Div.  You're looking for help from a team NS that was lucky to be top 5 in DII. Ask anyone. Katy and LT would have destroyed them. So would Allen and Desoto.  DLS didn't hyper improve nor did N.S.

This just proves my point that Texas had alot of parity in 2017 but not as many Nationally stand out teams as they normally had in previous years. 

DLS didn't destroy Cal.  And STA didn't destroy SJB  (watch the hyperbole)

There was parity, but not elite parity.  Very similar to NJ last year.

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Never commented about any LS loss vs a team from TN. OH and GA are tier 2 states, both susceptible to OOS loses to solid teams. 

Christian brothers wasn't solid that year in TN, they were ranked 46th, lasalle was 4th in OH.  Anyways, I just mentioned it for perspective.

This just proves my point that Texas had alot of parity in 2017 but not as many Nationally stand out teams as they normally had in previous years. 

DLS didn't destroy Cal.  And STA didn't destroy SJB  (watch the hyperbole)

There was parity, but not elite parity.  Very similar to NJ last year.

He's talking 2015....smh

9 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Come on dude. You know what I meant. All we hear is excuses such as " Westlake loses their QB " for the reason they got smoked by NV.

I could give the same excuse for Dela  in 2009,  losing both early oos games to Lakeland and DBP when they didn't have their qb,  and rb's were both injured. It seems like only Texas is allowed to make excuses, but don't give the same consideration when judging other teams from other states. The logical explanation is that some years Texas has very elite teams, and some years  they don't. As a whole, Texas is definitely  the deepest state, but their best teams aren't always at the top of Nation's best. You live in a delusion when you think last years Allen was better than MD. 2013 Allen maybe could've given them a game, but no Texas team since then would've beaten them, or 2016 BG for that matter. You hang your hat on beating Dela in 1rst game of season, as to Texas superiority at the  top, but beating Dela in 1rst week  is not a great example. Dela almost always is pretty bad first few games of season, and a lot of teams can beat them at that time. Seems like alot of your best teams share the same fate, losing early but getting it together to win state, but you don't understand that concept.

I didn't give an excuse. Ask the Vegas guys I picked Liberty to beat them and 2016 BG is the best I've ever seen.  I respect DLS. But they are nothing special.  We have 10 DLS in Texas. He'll 5 in DFW. They would not rule TX.   where did I compare Allen to anybody last year.  anyone who knows me knows I never compare any teams that I don't watch in person and I watch a lot of teams in person.  list all the California teams that beat De La Salle in week 1 of the Season since that's always an excuse. By the way your a Rook. In a Mater Die fan.  Yor dog treed the wrong squirrel homie.  If you can magically tell who can win a game without two teams playing then you should be rich in Vegas

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

Still you have flaws.  Our public schools are still producing at the highest level of elite this country has to offer.

for those of you that believe there was big difference between MD and the best from Texas and Florida are simply foolish.

Jesus the best team MD played last year was BG at home —-Hell fire MC FL went to BG and beat the same team and didn’t even win championship in Florida.

You guys want to point out that WEstlake lost to the Nevada team - not taking into account that Westlake was the walking wounded in during that game due to the battle they had the prior week.

- Yet ignore that DLS got beat by damn team from Utah.

that same Utah team is playing Allen this year!!

I just shouted out props to TX and you admonish me that I didn’t do it thoroughly enough?

dont let me interrupt your fantasy that there’s 50 TX public’s that are as good or better than ‘17 MD/ IMG 

• Haha 1