Are Texas HS Football best days behind them?

Sammyswordsman

Cali guy's how does a team who have run nothing but the Veer  their who lives in the school who have been running that offense since  TV was black and white magically can't run it in week one when they lose OOS.  But have no problem in wk 2 - 15 in State.   Why does John Curtis not have that excuse they seem to understand how to run it in week one since that's all they do too.   please list the California teams that beat DeLaSalle in week 1

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Exactly the point of this thread.

Newsflash...The title of this thread is "Are Texas HS football best days behind them".

Cue 1.2.3 - Propane guys  rebuttals focus on the 2015 season, which was (3) three YEARS ago. smh

What are you talking about?  He was referencng scores from 2015 and you then made a claim based on his points about parity in 2017.  You clearly thought he was talking about scores from 2017.

bottomLine, there has not been a drop off from 2015-2017.  Teams are still going strong.  We didn't have a high profile national game like 2015, but ones not needed to evaluate texas internally.

46 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Never said that Texas was not a power state.  Simply pointed out that Texas under performed from a National standpoint in 2017.  But so did Florida, and no one is saying that Florida is not a power state either.

We will see if either state can show improvement in 2018.  Maybe they will and maybe they won't.  Right now the national polls are once again "West Coast heavy".

You had a transferred up "once in a generation" team. (Your words)

Your state number 2 team got dismantled by a 3 loss loser from loserville.

Your state's number 3 team got a running clock put on them by a team who got beat down by a 2nd round loser from Florida 

Name brand teams like Narbonne, Serra, Bakersfield and Del Oro got chopped down by Hawaii and Utah teams. 

IMG_2322.GIF

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

bottomLine, there has not been a drop off from 2015-2017.  Teams are still going strong.  We didn't have a high profile national game like 2015, but ones not needed to evaluate texas internally.

Actually  we do need a high profile game to evaluate Texas.  Otherwise we would be tempted to evaluate Allen based on the fact Judson beat LT by 20 points and Allen could only beat LT  by 2 points. 

mic drop.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Actually  we do need a high profile game to evaluate Texas.  Otherwise we would be tempted to evaluate Allen based on the fact Judson beat LT by 20 points and Allen could only beat LT  by 2 points. 

mic drop.jpg

YOU do, I don't as I watch it regularly.  Now whose perspective do you think I value more? 

Even your last score comment shows you don't know the state as lake Travis beat Judson in the rematch during the playoffs.  

So, pickup the mic you let slip from your hands.  

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You had a transferred up "once in a generation" team. (Your words) -  #truth

Your state number 2 team got dismantled by a 3 loss loser from loserville. - #fakenews

Your state's number 3 team got a running clock put on them by a team who got beat down by a 2nd round loser from Florida - #fakenews

Name brand teams like Narbonne, Serra, Bakersfield and Del Oro got chopped down by Hawaii and Utah teams. - #fakenews

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

YOU do, I don't as I watch it regularly.  Now whose perspective do you think I value more? 

Even your last score comment shows you don't know the state as lake Travis beat Judson in the rematch during the playoffs.  

Well now you need to decide if Week 1 games matter equally to week 15. 

15 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Well now you need to decide if Week 1 games matter equally to week 15. 

I don't need to decide anything.  The games  are played and the results speak for themselves at that point in time.  What is there is to explain and understand?  Don't make this harder than it really is Sammy.

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I don't need to decide anything.  The games  are played and the results speak for themselves at that point in time.  What is there is to explain and understand?  Don't make this harder than it really is Sammy.

Exactly. He acts like during a week 1 game the loser is working out the kinks, and the winner is in mid season form. 

Both teams are brand new playing Week 1 at the same damn time. 

Or it's the travel. Or the rain.

For someone making excuse threads Sammy sure is the master of the excuse making. 

Usually it's the ones acting most virtuous that are guilty of what they are judging people for. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You are the one making it difficult.

On Friday you stated that the Calif State champions lost their opening games, as a negative knock on them. 

Today you cite "at that point in time". 

Neither SJB or DLS were Calif State champs "at that point in time".

Please stop confusing everyone with your deflections.

Horsefly replied to Sammyswordsman's topic in Varsity Forum

I'm not on their jock just bringing you all back done to reality. 2015 your state champ loses, 2016 your state champ losses, 2017 your #2 team loses to an STA team that wasn't their best. The sad part is 2/3 losses were to teams...

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Exactly. He acts like during a week 1 game the loser is working out the kinks, and the winner is in mid season form. 

Both teams are brand new playing Week 1 at the same damn time. 

Or it's the travel. Or the rain.

For someone making excuse threads Sammy sure is the master of the excuse making. 

Usually it's the ones acting most virtuous that are guilty of what they are judging people for. 

Why are you talking about me behind my back?  Was this supposed to be a PM???

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You are the one making it difficult.

On Friday you stated that the Calif State champions lost their opening games, as a negative knock on them. 

Today you cite "at that point in time". 

Neither SJB or DLS were Calif State champs "at that point in time".

Please stop confusing everyone with your deflections.

Horsefly replied to Sammyswordsman's topic in Varsity Forum

I'm not on their jock just bringing you all back done to reality. 2015 your state champ loses, 2016 your state champ losses, 2017 your #2 team loses to an STA team that wasn't their best. The sad part is 2/3 losses were to teams...

They did lose their opening game.  Everything I stated is true. No team is state champs in the early weeks, that is a no brainer statement. You are talking in circles, if it's all about winning championships to you then why belly ache about Allen and Texas needing to prove themselves early by playing OOS?

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

I didn't give an excuse. Ask the Vegas guys I picked Liberty to beat them and 2016 BG is the best I've ever seen.  I respect DLS. But they are nothing special.  We have 10 DLS in Texas. He'll 5 in DFW. They would not rule TX.   where did I compare Allen to anybody last year.  anyone who knows me knows I never compare any teams that I don't watch in person and I watch a lot of teams in person.  list all the California teams that beat De La Salle in week 1 of the Season since that's always an excuse. By the way your a Rook. In a Mater Die fan.  Yor dog treed the wrong squirrel homie.  If you can magically tell who can win a game without two teams playing then you should be rich in Vegas

Thats why I do like to handicap games. I can read between the lines. Most people can only see the obvious, win or loss. There is a lot  that goes into those results, injuries, schedule, time of year etc. This happens at H.S. level, college level, and pro level. A loss, or close game early in season, during a tough mid season stretch, etc., often does not equate when it comes time to peak during playoffs. You see it everywhere, Texas, Fla., NJ. , Ca.  The problem for playing oos first game or 2, is that alot of teams are nowhere near their top level. Teams like STA, SJB, Dela, et., I have seen travel and lose to teams they would be able to beat later on. They don't get a chance to atone for that loss except to win their own state. Since Texas hardly ever leaves State, those teams who lose early in state, can atone their early loses, and  don't face the same harsh criticism like teams from other states, who  risk  putting it on the line early by   traveling and facing elite teams from other states.  Even a great team like 2013 Allen could have lost an opening game if they had to travel and play a Bosco, STa. Doesn't mean at the end they wouldn't have been great, but they never put it on the line by going out and risking it with a tough challenge. 

As far as Dela losing in Norcal early, there have been a number of games they couldv'e, should've lost early. Serra 3 times, Bellermine, Clovis West twice, Palma., etc. It is a known fact in Cali, that if you want to beat Dela, you get them early, and this comes straight from the mouth of Folsom coach. I personally do not like Dela playing oos 1rst or 2nd week of season, but the benefit is that it will help them for later on. And in the end, isn't winning your State title the supreme goal ? Ask ET if they would trade their win against Dela for a Texas State title. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

DLS didn't destroy Cal.  

You just spit out things without proof.  Ask anyone not from CALI what DLS did to the State.  Here is their 2015 Sked:

DLS avg.  46.23 pts against Cali teams and gave up an avg of 7.23 pts against Cali 🤣

They scored 601 pts against Cali Teams and gave up 94 pts.  Avg game in Cali was 46 - 7.  They scored 40+ in 9 of 13 games against Cali.  

8/29 Trinity (Euless, TX) (L) 26 - 21 

Now all Cali.  Pretty funny the veer didn't seem to sputter at all.  
9/4  @ Serra (San Mateo, CA) (W) 37 - 21
9/11  Servite (Anaheim, CA)(W) 52 - 15
9/19 Orange Lutheran (Orange, CA)(W) 41 - 3 
10/2 @ Granite Bay (Granite Bay, CA)(W) 37 - 0
10/9 San Ramon Valley (Danville, CA) (W) 48 - 0
10/16 Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, CA)(W) 52 - 6
10/23 Del Oro (Loomis, CA)(W) 41 - 3
10/30 James Logan (Union City, CA)(W) 57 - 14
11/6 California (San Ramon, CA)(W) 56 - 0

PLAYOFFS THIS IS A JOKE 
11/20 California (San Ramon, CA)
2015 CIF North Coast Section High School Football Playoff Brackets - Division 1
(W) 47 - 0
11/27 Pittsburg (Pittsburg, CA)
(W) 70 - 14
12/5 Foothill (Pleasanton, CA)
(W) 35 - 0                                                                                                                                                              

12/19 Centennial (Corona, CA)
Game Details: Sacramento State
2015 CIF State Football Championship Bowl Games - Open Division
(W) 28 - 21

• Haha 2

Sammy is the drunk guy looking for a fight and the crowd is just laughing at him until he shoves someone and they knock him out. He wakes up 30 minutes later asking if he hit em. Everyone starts laughing because he pissed himself during his half hour of unconsciousness. Then he goes back to the table and talks more shit, so they just throw his wasted ass out the window. 

The police arrest him for being a bitch ass lame, and bill him for the window. 

Thats what this thread has become 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Sammy is the drunk guy looking for a fight and the crowd is just laughing at him until he shoves someone and they knock him out. He wakes up 30 minutes later asking if he hit em. Everyone starts laughing because he pissed himself during his half hour of unconsciousness. Then he goes back to the table and talks more shit, so they just throw his wasted ass out the window. 

The police arrest him for being a bitch ass lame, and bill him for the window. 

Thats what this thread has become 

Wrong.

@DevilDog knows that DLS has been rolling those something something valley NorCal teams for 25 years.  Doing it again in 2015 is nothing special.

The only  California team they played which was  in their prime was Cen10 and they barely won by 7 despite being out gained.  I'll give you 4 Calif teams out of 15 games and only two of them even won their league

that does not = rolling California 

30 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Wrong.

@DevilDog knows that DLS has been rolling those something something valley NorCal teams for 25 years.  Doing it again in 2015 is nothing special.

The only  California team they played which was  in their prime was Cen10 and they barely won by 7 despite being out gained.  I'll give you 4 Calif teams out of 15 games and only two of them even won their league

that does not = rolling California 

In this case it does, they were the current (2015) and reigning (2014)state champs.  Cen10 in 2015 was their only close game in 29 games!

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/4/2018 at 10:47 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/2015-katy-championship-greatest-all-time-texas/

Elite High School football is thriving, Texas is being left behind.

2015 Katy voted best Texas team ever.  OOS wins = zero. 

Unanimous MNC = zero

Coincidence?  I think not. 

The myth that Texas teams don't need to play OOS because their playoffs are so tough  is exactly that...a myth.

For Texas Top 8 teams, The first three rounds of the Texas playoffs are normally vs. roadkill opponents, which are normally rated  #200 + nationally.  Not a good look when we peel back the curtain. 

Playing a Top OOS team either results in a Texas loss, or sucks so much focus, that the result is a stubbed toe loss in a subsequent week.  No stamina. Sad. 

Texas HS football as has been losing prestige at a shocking rate over the past 5 years.  They hit rock bottom in 2017, with arguably no teams in the National Top 5, and in some polls, only 1 team in the Top 20.

The elite level (tier) has passed Texas by.  It is truly shocking considering that Texas as a whole, still plays the best HS football....but maybe not for long either, as Texas second tier teams have not fared well as conventional wisdom would hold vs. Calif and others second tier teams in recent years. 

Texas elite's more than any other, state Top 3 need to hit the OOS road quickly or risk becoming HS football paper tigers. 

Even sadder is that Texas fan is completely fine with conceding the National stage.  Actual quote - (500 times over) " I'd rather watch my team play Something Something Junction than any Top OOS team."  

Are the Texas teams out of your tiers yet?

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2018 at 12:37 PM, CaliNorth said:

Thats why I do like to handicap games. I can read between the lines. Most people can only see the obvious, win or loss. There is a lot  that goes into those results, injuries, schedule, time of year etc. This happens at H.S. level, college level, and pro level. A loss, or close game early in season, during a tough mid season stretch, etc., often does not equate when it comes time to peak during playoffs. You see it everywhere, Texas, Fla., NJ. , Ca.  The problem for playing oos first game or 2, is that alot of teams are nowhere near their top level. Teams like STA, SJB, Dela, et., I have seen travel and lose to teams they would be able to beat later on. They don't get a chance to atone for that loss except to win their own state. Since Texas hardly ever leaves State, those teams who lose early in state, can atone their early loses, and  don't face the same harsh criticism like teams from other states, who  risk  putting it on the line early by   traveling and facing elite teams from other states.  Even a great team like 2013 Allen could have lost an opening game if they had to travel and play a Bosco, STa. Doesn't mean at the end they wouldn't have been great, but they never put it on the line by going out and risking it with a tough challenge. 

As far as Dela losing in Norcal early, there have been a number of games they couldv'e, should've lost early. Serra 3 times, Bellermine, Clovis West twice, Palma., etc. It is a known fact in Cali, that if you want to beat Dela, you get them early, and this comes straight from the mouth of Folsom coach. I personally do not like Dela playing oos 1rst or 2nd week of season, but the benefit is that it will help them for later on. And in the end, isn't winning your State title the supreme goal ? Ask ET if they would trade their win against Dela for a Texas State title. 

Finally.... A non homer, no bullshit post that reflects the actual circumstances that anyone who really knows football will recognize and attest to.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2018 at 8:10 PM, Horsefly said:

In this case it does, they were the current (2015) and reigning (2014)state champs.  Cen10 in 2015 was their only close game in 29 games!

Not counting the Trinity defeat 

DLS - was 27-0 in (2014-15)

If you go back to include 2013 They had record of 41-1 in 2013 they got beat by SJB 20-14

if you go back to 2012   - their record was 56-1 not counting Trinity.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Not counting the Trinity defeat 

DLS - was 27-0 in (2014-15)

If you go back to include 2013 They had record of 41-1 in 2013 they got beat by SJB 20-14

if you go back to 2012   - their record was 56-1 not counting Trinity.

Wasn’t 2013 the year Negro showed up to St. John Bosco and brought his “elite” level, “hall-of-fame”, “putting-the-NFL-to-shame” caliber coaching along?