2018 Tier Placement - Final

Sammyswordsman

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Wow. 

Sammy and Cal Preps both pandering to the Georgia mob. 

Never thought we  would see the day that pops turned against CP too. 

Must be because they retro took a mnc from them. He sure used to spout their numbers on a consistent basis. 

I really don’t look at cp much before October but you made me look

heres their fringe top 10

10.  Dls

11. CQ

12.  Rome

13.  Folsom 

ive for no beef with that but you’re right CP does love its GA now (Grayson was top 10)

i do need to know how U-Lab for into top 10

please do remember I was responding to a guy that chimes in on DLS being overranked in every thread, even the Iowa public school report 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Nonsense...Gorman had six or seven trips inside the Centennial 10 and only one of them had any ref involvement whatsoever. The others had them missing a point-blank field goal, resorting to an ill-advised jump pass on 4th and two, and an assortment of other failures in execution and play-calling. If their kicking game was becoming of a national power they could have won the game by doing nothing more than knocking down chip-shot field goals.

Use the officiating as a crutch if you like, but also acknowledge the fact that Centennial had multiple 15-yard penalties (the easiest fouls to ignore altogether) throughout the game.

Gorman didn't lose because of officiating; they lost because their ground game was non-existent and their quarterback play wasn't good enough to compensate for that.

Strange post.

If BG's ground game was non-existent and their quarterback play wasn't good enough to compensate for it, then how did BG get six or seven trips inside Centennial's 10?

Moreover, if the refs had signaled a TD on that one drive you allude to here, the outcome of the game would have been a win for BG. 

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Strange post.

If BG's ground game was non-existent and their quarterback play wasn't good enough to compensate for it, then how did BG get six or seven trips inside Centennial's 10?

Moreover, if the refs had signaled a TD on that one drive you allude to here, the outcome of the game would have been a win for BG. 

I watched the game and what I saw was BG 's O-Line was the issue, they could nut run the ball. But their QB at one point had completed 9 passes for 225 yards or something like that so they did move the ball with big plays, BG's QB was just running for his life back their had many incompletions. I don't think he completed even 50% of his passes due to the pass rush. When the field shortened up BG could not get in in the end zone due to their lack of running game and the pressure being put on their QB on what seemed like every play.

If I remember correctly their score was on a 20+ yard pass play when the game was already decided. and there were several 15 yard penalties against AZ, I think 2 on the last drive alone. 

Their Defense I thought played very well, they just ran out of gas because AZ Cen 10 Just ran the ball with 2 very good running backs on them all night. Cen 10 did not even need to score the last TD, they could have just run out the clock...

I don't see The Bishop getting blown out by DLS, I see a close game like this going down but I think DLS wins due to the game being on their field.... And I am a big fan of DLS so I am hoping they win... 🙂

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I watched the game and what I saw was BG 's O-Line was the issue, they could nut run the ball. But their QB at one point had completed 9 passes for 225 yards or something like that so they did move the ball with big plays, BG's QB was just running for his life back their had many incompletions. I don't think he completed even 50% of his passes due to the pass rush. When the field shortened up BG could not get in in the end zone due to their lack of running game and the pressure being put on their QB on what seemed like every play.

If I remember correctly their score was on a 20+ yard pass play when the game was already decided. and there were several 15 yard penalties against AZ, I think 2 on the last drive alone. 

Their Defense I thought played very well, they just ran out of gas because AZ Cen 10 Just ran the ball with 2 very good running backs on them all night. Cen 10 did not even need to score the last TD, they could have just run out the clock...

I don't see The Bishop getting blown out by DLS, I see a close game like this going down but I think DLS wins due to the game being on their field.... And I am a big fan of DLS so I am hoping they win... 🙂

That's exactly how I saw it.

BG's QB was running for his life the whole game, and it was his ability to scramble and to hit guys downfield while on the run that accounted for much of their offense.

BG aren't what they've been in past few years. There's no doubt about that.

But they're still a very good football team, and I fully expect their defense to give DLS trouble and for their QB to make some big plays on the run. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Strange post.

There's nothing "strange" about it-on a very elementary level your effectiveness as an offense is judged off of your ability to score more than your opponent, and that gets compounded when you only needed 14 points to secure your team a win.  Nobody said the Gorman offense was inept, only that the run game was shut-down (as it was) and the quarterback play wasn't good enough to overcome that (considering Gorman just lost a game where the opposition scored 13 points this really shouldn't be up for debate).  I mean, I guess we could build arguments around total yardage figures or trips within the red zone, but the bottom line is if you show me a team that gets ten trips in the red zone without scoring I'll show you a team that didn't score. 

Maybe Gorman does win if those calls are made differently; that's a fair amount to assume considering that Centennial's response to the previous goal line stand was to rip off a 25-yard run (that series ultimately stalled not because of anything Gorman's defense did but rather because after that run Centennial had two passes dropped by receivers) and their response to the final goal line stand was to drive 70 yards for the score (I don't buy the argument that drive was necessitated by Gorman's defense taking "risks; that drive started with seven minutes left in the game and could have seen Gorman getting the ball back with five minutes left if they hold Centennial to a three-and-out).  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So let me get this straight. Florida has a lifetime record of 25-8 against California teams and won 5 of 7 Cali-Florida Bowls and chopped down 2 state champs with non contenders and our number 1 team is in Tier 3???? 

IMG_4257.GIF

Your number 1 team is in Tier 1 and per Capita you have more teams ranked high than any other state.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Then why did you say Carol City was in tier 3?

imo Carol City would not beat STA, or be able to play with the other Tier 2 teams with a 5'6 QB.  I've been over this.  The Tiers only place teams that members talk about on the forums, if I have neglected to place a Florida team, that you follow, let me know and they will be added.

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

imo Carol City would not beat STA, or be able to play with the other Tier 2 teams with a 5'6 QB.  I've been over this.  The Tiers only place teams that members talk about on the forums, if I have neglected to place a Florida team, that you follow, let me know and they will be added.

I wouldnt be to sure about that.  I wouldn’t feel good about that game at all.

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

That 5’10 qb already beat 2016 Sta.  You know the one that shoulda beat gorman?   

On 9/1/2018 at 2:42 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Interesting info.....hmmmm.  would like to see some footage on that one.

Agree with BB and OC. I watched a replay of the game. BG had a ton of penalties and too many turnovers. But they didn’t look helpless. Bowen can extend plays with his legs, made some nice throws while evading the pass rush,  but had 3 picks I think. They’ve got two WRs that are like 6-4 6-5. Bowen throws it up there and they go get it. But DLS’s secondary is about 7 deep, and the front 7 are gong to be a handful the Gorman offense. Gorman’s running game is significantly lacking from what I saw however. They’ll have a tough time on the ground against DLS. And if they make the Bishop one dimensional (which Centennial did), they can win this game. The Gorman defense looks fairly stout against the run. Hale is going to have to have a good game to keep Gorman from stacking the box. They do have plenty of athletes. Just not the Bishop of the past few years. That said, Im taking SParty at home. I say 31-24 DLS. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Agree with BB and OC. I watched a replay of the game. BG had a ton of penalties and too many turnovers. But they didn’t look helpless. Bowen can extend plays with his legs, made some nice throws while evading the pass rush,  but had 3 picks I think. They’ve got two WRs that are like 6-4 6-5. Bowen throws it up there and they go get it. But DLS’s secondary is about 7 deep, and the front 7 are gong to be a handful the Gorman offense. Gorman’s running game is significantly lacking from what I saw however. They’ll have a tough time on the ground against DLS. And if they make the Bishop one dimensional (which Centennial did), they can win this game. The Gorman defense looks fairly stout against the run. Hale is going to have to have a good game to keep Gorman from stacking the box. They do have plenty of athletes. Just not the Bishop of the past few years. That said, Im taking SParty at home. I say 31-24 DLS. 

DLS has gotten Folsom, Central Catholic, and The Bishop........................ALL at home. 

Looking more like Colquitt over here!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wooderson said:

There's nothing "strange" about it-on a very elementary level your effectiveness as an offense is judged off of your ability to score more than your opponent, and that gets compounded when you only needed 14 points to secure your team a win.  Nobody said the Gorman offense was inept, only that the run game was shut-down (as it was) and the quarterback play wasn't good enough to overcome that (considering Gorman just lost a game where the opposition scored 13 points this really shouldn't be up for debate).  I mean, I guess we could build arguments around total yardage figures or trips within the red zone, but the bottom line is if you show me a team that gets ten trips in the red zone without scoring I'll show you a team that didn't score. 

Maybe Gorman does win if those calls are made differently; that's a fair amount to assume considering that Centennial's response to the previous goal line stand was to rip off a 25-yard run (that series ultimately stalled not because of anything Gorman's defense did but rather because after that run Centennial had two passes dropped by receivers) and their response to the final goal line stand was to drive 70 yards for the score (I don't buy the argument that drive was necessitated by Gorman's defense taking "risks; that drive started with seven minutes left in the game and could have seen Gorman getting the ball back with five minutes left if they hold Centennial to a three-and-out).  

I think we agree on most points.

I said that BG spent a lot of time on Centennial's side of the field and were stopped at least twice on Centennial's goal line. You clearly agree with that.

I said that the refs didn't signal a TD for BG on what appeared to be a short, one-yard TD run, and then hit BG with a 15-yard penalty. You seem to agree with that.

I said that GB's defense held Centennial to just 6 points until the final minutes of the game. You seem to agree with that.

I guess we disagree on whether BG was taking risks defensively in the final minutes of the game when down 6-0.

46 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I said that the refs didn't signal a TD for BG on what appeared to be a short, one-yard TD run, and then hit BG with a 15-yard penalty. You seem to agree with that.

I disagree with the idea that the officials played a role in Centennial's goal line defense, especially since the the broadcast does not show Ragsdale clearly breaking the plain before being down on either carry; second down carry shows him reach over the goal line after his thigh hits the grass, third down the ball doesn't cross until after he's essentially belly-flopped on the turf. To be fair the video also never shows his knee down in either scenario, but frankly that's the point-making statements about blown calls when even the replay is less than overwhelming in its decisiveness is not fair to the kids that busted their tails all summer for the opportunity to be in the thick of a tight contest with a nationally-known program.

I was far more willing to listen to the officiating angle last year following the Aquinas game considering Centennial's only penalties that night were procedural calls (still think it's bush league to bring it up at all, but I understand that stance more); Centennial had 3-4 15-yard flags against them, had one player ejected due to one of those calls, and had at least one first-down pickup called back due to holding. It's nothing but cherry-picking calls to fit agendas that were decided before the game even kicked off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I disagree with the idea that the officials played a role in Centennial's goal line defense, especially since the the broadcast does not show Ragsdale clearly breaking the plain before being down on either carry; second down carry shows him reach over the goal line after his thigh hits the grass, third down the ball doesn't cross until after he's essentially belly-flopped on the turf. To be fair the video also never shows his knee down in either scenario, but frankly that's the point-making statements about blown calls when even the replay is less than overwhelming in its decisiveness is not fair to the kids that busted their tails all summer for the opportunity to be in the thick of a tight contest with a nationally-known program.

I was far more willing to listen to the officiating angle last year following the Aquinas game considering Centennial's only penalties that night were procedural calls (still think it's bush league to bring it up at all, but I understand that stance more); Centennial had 3-4 15-yard flags against them, had one player ejected due to one of those calls, and had at least one first-down pickup called back due to holding. It's nothing but cherry-picking calls to fit agendas that were decided before the game even kicked off.

I admire the AZ guys grasping for anything at this point.  Their season is already down the tubes.

#Chandler

#Saguaro