Mater Dei 42 v. Bishop Gorman 0 Final

PrepGridiron

5 hours ago, steeler01 said:

I'll take BG by 10-14 points

As much as I hate to say it, after what I saw last night, I have no reason to believe BG will even win the game much less beat DLS by 14. DLS isn’t as talented as MD, but their defense is solid and if they can get pressure on Bowen like MD did, it’s going to be another long night for the Gaels. Here’s hoping they can rebound from last night and rep the 702, but I’m very skeptical as I’m sure others are.

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

The BG, like DBP, have talked a cab from the elite....MD appears to be the the leader.......The winds of change have manifested....

The change as to due with the kids from the IE...5 years ago a lot of those kids moved up to Vegas to play for Gorman (Tate being one) now those kids play for MD, Bosco or another team in SoCal. 

A photo of MD fans making sure 5️ Don’t go up the I-15

E66361EE-50CA-40FF-AC51-6BC982822EEE.thumb.jpeg.1ae3bdd14e66daddd6cdc15b317581ed.jpeg

7 hours ago, steeler01 said:

I'll take BG by 10-14 points

Honestly BG didn't look that bad.  The BG QB was just able to make some big plays last year, but I'd take this years D front over last years for BG without question.   I watched this game and my eyes told me BG actually matched up better than they did last year.    Score obviously says otherwise, but...that's my take.   I was only able to watch the first half, and I'm sure they might have worn down, but I'd guess it was also a bc the offense stymied.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Honestly BG didn't look that bad.  The BG QB was just able to make some big plays last year, but I'd take this years D front over last years for BG without question.   I watched this game and my eyes told me BG actually matched up better than they did last year.    Score obviously says otherwise, but...that's my take.   I was only able to watch the first half, and I'm sure they might have worn down, but I'd guess it was also a bc the offense stymied.  

They weren't bad,  but when you're outmatched upfront as much as they were,  you'll look bad. 

They won't face another front 7 like they just played. Reminds me of St. X when they played Good Counsel awhile back. Everyone commented how they'd struggle against everyone offensively after that showing and me telling NPTB and others that no they wouldn't. The speed they had just seen,  they wouldn't see again.  The very next week an Indiana team got lit up. 

3 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

As much as I hate to say it, after what I saw last night, I have no reason to believe BG will even win the game much less beat DLS by 14. DLS isn’t as talented as MD, but their defense is solid and if they can get pressure on Bowen like MD did, it’s going to be another long night for the Gaels. Here’s hoping they can rebound from last night and rep the 702, but I’m very skeptical as I’m sure others are.

Their defense has nowhere the hogs upfront,  and the athletes outside. I believe BG upfront can handle them and Ragsdale will run for a lot of yards

15 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

They weren't bad,  but when you're outmatched upfront as much as they were,  you'll look bad. 

They won't face another front 7 like they just played. Reminds me of St. X when they played Good Counsel awhile back. Everyone commented how they'd struggle against everyone offensively after that showing and me telling NPTB and others that no they wouldn't. The speed they had just seen,  they wouldn't see again.  The very next week an Indiana team got lit up. 

That St. X teams offense was terrible. The St. X defense was stout that day as well.  An average St. X offense would have got them a 6 to 10 point win.  Good Counsel was good on defense though but their were areas to be exploited.