What Impresses You?

Texasball

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

ET did pound them a 96yd drive.  When has that happened to DLS.  ET also led them by double digits.  I was there as was Texasball that was a physical game.  But I came away knowing DLS would catch hell in 6A with that roster and both way players.  I got mad respect for the Spartans.  That was a close game between 2 big time in State programs with National relitariins.  And ET will Travel.  Allen is not going anywhere till the playoffs.

It was an impressive win. 

10 hours ago, Texasball said:

DLS won your big boy title and they got beat by a very average Trinity team.

i personally thought that DLS was lucky to score what they did. 

The long screen pass on third down long was fluke TD 

Long run in 4th Qrt for TD was fluke.

[...]

Sure, anybody can get lucky for 433 yards of total offense.

With each knew post, you reveal just a little more how little you understand football.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

C'MON dude, ask yourownself THIS question! He has recently played future NATIONAL CHAMPION South Panola, USA TODAY #10 American Heritage, #6 Hoover, and #9 Hoover, and #3 Grayson, #3 Camden Co., #5 Lowndes, the best team in Virginia, Bishop Sullivan, one of the best teams in Mizzou, and a supposed top twenty five team from Cali, all in the recent past! Not to mention having played three top forty teams in America, in a four week span in 2015! And he would be scarred of YOUR three?

[...]

That's impressive. 

But in terms of competition, Rollo has done in 2 seasons what Rush has done in 20.

The argument that some coaches have an unfair advantage bc they can make use of transfers would work if those same coaches played against other coaches who couldn't use transfers. 

But Rollo (for example) plays against coaches who can also make use of transfers. So that tired argument you like to trot out every 3 days or so isn't going to get any better the more you trot it out.

I'm not knocking Rush as a coach. I'm defending Rollo and Lad as coaches. 

You understand.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

C'MON dude, ask yourownself THIS question! He has recently played...a supposed top twenty five team from Cali, all in the recent past! Not to mention having played three top forty teams in America, in a four week span in 2015! And he would be scarred of YOUR three?

[...]

As an aside, we cain't afford to travel 3000 miles to Cali! And your three AIN'T gonna travel to the humidity of SOWEGA! So, unless Cali changes it's post season rules, they will NEVER meet in a meaningful game! Jist fer shits and giggles though! Coach ProPst has been pushing for a NATIONAL playoff, for three-four years now!

So you want to say that Rush has recently played a supposedly top-25 team from CA, but CA won't go to GA?

And you want to say that MD, SJB, and DLS are willing to play IMG, BG, STA, ET, DBP etc., but they're afraid to play Colquitt County?

Let Rush know that in the national playoffs, he's not going to meet Vista Murietta or Crenshaw or Trinity Catholic of MO. And he might have to play a game outside GA. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

So you want to say that Rush has recently played a supposedly top-25 team from CA, but CA won't go to GA?

And you want to say that MD, SJB, and DLS are willing to play IMG, BG, STA, ET, DBP etc., but they're afraid to play Colquitt County?

Let Rush know that in the national playoffs, he's not going to meet Vista Murietta or Crenshaw or Trinity Catholic of MO. And he might have to play a game outside GA. 

Not top 25 and 43 seems way to high

23115019-D87A-46B8-84C5-22056BB02031.jpeg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Well there is this indisputable proof.  What Tier would you put this in DLS being dragged? 😀

De-La-Salle-5.jpg

That pic gets me every time, man.

Still, those skinny CA boys put 433 yards on ET in TX, with 3 new offensive linemen, in their very first game of the season, and with constant TV delays. 

Hats off to ET, who played their game and won. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

That pic gets me every time, man.

Still, those skinny CA boys put 433 yards on ET in TX, with 3 new offensive linemen, in their very first game of the season, and with constant TV delays. 

Hats off to ET, who played their game and won. 

ET with their new HC making his debut and returning 5 starters did ok I guess.  I often wonder what an experienced ET team under Lineweaver would have done...hmmm (I’m just ribbing you a little BB)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Honestly, what are the odds TX wins the naddy this year? 3%

how about next year? 10% maybe?

and I know I know, “we don’t care about winning the National Championship, we only care about the State Championship.” But then why are you on a National board? 🤷‍♂️🤔

Simple.

People are together on this board because it's the varsity of boards. 

While there is a lot of national discussion going on here, nothing is dictating the discussion be "national."

Well outside of a couple of assholes tossing that out there from time to time that is. 

This year, that percentage is probably correct. Congratulations. You stacked your teams to the point that there is no need for a national discussion anymore. It's all about trolling now, because there isn't any real discussion to be had about an mnc. 

Congrats again. 

1652903755_tenor(2).gif.fd29abbcd03bd335bdab3bd66d20bbb1.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Simple.

While there is a lot of national discussion going on here, nothing is dictating the discussion be "national."

Well outside of a couple of assholes tossing that out there from time to time that is. 

This year, that percentage is probably correct. Congratulations. You stacked your teams to the point that there is no need for a national discussion anymore. It's all about trolling now, because there isn't any real discussion to be had about an mnc. 

Congrats again. 

7FDF23CF-0DAF-48FF-A6B2-6ADF88169E59.gif

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ararar said:

7FDF23CF-0DAF-48FF-A6B2-6ADF88169E59.gif

Just being honest. 

I'll admit that I don't like it also. Don't hate that I'm hatin'. xD

If you think about it, it's true what I said. 

Look at how it has played out. Really. It's happened similarly in a couple of places as well. St. Frances got awarded their title due to roster. That's it. Rather than not award a title due to lack of play, they just handed it to them. 

The only discussion was about how shitty the ordeal was from both viewpoints. 

We are seeing similar trend in the mnc. 

Due to the trend, there has been a degradation in the mnc discussion. 

It's just the truth. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Simple.

Congrats again. 

Naw Bosco can beat MD.

59 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Honestly, what are the odds TX wins the naddy this year? 3%

how about next year? 10% maybe?

and I know I know, “we don’t care about winning the National Championship, we only care about the State Championship.” But then why are you on a National board? 🤷‍♂️🤔

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Simple.

[...]

Bingo.

But there's a closely related question, namely, why argue that TX football is the best football in the nation in one thread, and then argue that TX doesn't care about national recognition in another thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

Naw Bosco can beat MD.

The point remains. 

There were three teams starting out the season that had rosters stacked to the point that there was no room for normal discussion as it pertained to the mnc. 

IMG, SJB and MD. One of those three teams winning out preordained the mnc. 

No need for discussion in other words. 

The few national level fans between those three teams could all meet in one room. 

No need for a national board or huge discussion at all. The discussion was pretty much over at the end of "transfer season" you see. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

[...]

Congratulations. You stacked your teams to the point that there is no need for a national discussion anymore. It's all about trolling now, because there isn't any real discussion to be had about an mnc. 

Congrats again. 

[...]

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

[...]

Due to the trend, there has been a degradation in the mnc discussion. 

It's just the truth. 

I don't have much to add, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to register my agreement.

It strikes me as a perversion of HSFB.

Maybe some would accuse me of hypocrisy because of my love of DLS's football program, but it seems to me that that's importantly different. It's one thing to build a team from freshmen who have enrolled at your school because of its reputation for football. It's quite another for dozens of 4- and 5-star recruits to switch schools every summer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Bingo.

But there's a closely related question, namely, why argue that TX football is the best football in the nation in one thread, and then argue that TX doesn't care about national recognition in another thread. 

It is an interesting point you are making. 

The answer is obvious in my opinion, as is the reason why they are taking that attitude toward the national discussion. 

There is a clear separation in the rules and how teams are put together these days. Texas falls into the more conservative transfer rules category as does Georgia. Their fans in general are more purist and will naturally think their teams are more "natural" and therefore better. 

We are no longer comparing apples to apples in the mnc discussions, so many are probably just disgusted with the process. I'm speaking for myself of course, and projecting, but, perhaps the answer is in there. Maybe I can get an amen or we can get an answer from them directly. 

xD

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It is an interesting point you are making. 

The answer is obvious in my opinion, as is the reason why they are taking that attitude toward the national discussion. 

There is a clear separation in the rules and how teams are put together these days. Texas falls into the more conservative transfer rules category as does Georgia. Their fans in general are more purist and will naturally think their teams are more "natural" and therefore better

We are no longer comparing apples to apples in the mnc discussions so many are probably just disgusted with the process. I'm speaking for myself of course, and projecting, but, perhaps the answer is in there. Maybe I can get an amen or we can get an answer from them directly. 

xD

I agree that their teams are more "natural" and are better for that reason (and for other reasons).

But don't tell me that there are x number of teams in TX that would beat 2017 MD (I'm talking to you @Texasball) and then tell me that TX doesn't give a sh*t about widely held opinions about who's better in those other senses besides "natural".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I agree that their teams are more "natural" and are better for that reason (and for other reasons).

But don't tell me that there are x number of teams in TX that would beat 2017 MD (I'm talking to you @Texasball) and then tell me that TX doesn't give a sh*t about widely held opinions about who's better in those other senses besides "natural".

I am not saying there is any teams who would beat them.  I think Allen can play with them especially this Allen team.  

This year MD and last year MD both have been seriously good.  Not sure I would give them once in generation team .  I only say that because there has been some extremely damn good teams from around the country who I feel were at least on the same level.

Its simply that I don’t respect how they get it done and I am not alone.

• Like 1