What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

@The Guru and many others.

If North Shore and DV sweep or if the go 2-1 (close defeat) in 1 game 

vs DLS, STA, SFA will that be enough to finally shut you up about  the quality of Texas football?

SFA won't be anywhere near as good as they were this year. NS has the advantage at home. Tx has to go at least 2-1

4 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

SFA won't be anywhere near as good as they were this year. NS has the advantage at home. Tx has to go at least 2-1

You don’t possibly know that yet about SFA.  DV is replacing their entire backfield.  This QBs strengths aren’t the same as Jacquinden’s, so some tweaking may need to be done on O.  It may take them a while to gel.  

Also they will need to find a new DC, the current one was just hired as new HC at a school in Houston 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You don’t possibly know that yet about SFA.  DV is replacing their entire backfield.  This QBs strengths aren’t the same as Jacquinden’s, so some tweaking may need to be done on O.  It may take them a while to gel.  

Also they will need to find a new DC, the current one was just hired as new HC at a school in Houston 

SFA lost a ton of talent. I think they had the most talent in the country last year but didn’t have the scheme and coaching to match. That team was loaded with SEC/Big10 committed seniors. Of course Poggi will recruit kids until August, but I still think there’s no way they’re as good next year and they will need the time to gel as well. I agree that DV will have to make changes offensively but maybe that works in their favor. Throw the ball a little more and run some stuff they didn’t put out there with jj at the helm. Defensively, having the new transfer linebacker with experience and getting blackshire back will be huge for them. Good linebackers make life a lot easier for a new DC. If the game is being played in Texas I predict it to be similar to the SJC game this year especially if parson’s arm gets going early. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 11:10 PM, HurricaneNick said:

SFA lost a ton of talent. I think they had the most talent in the country last year but didn’t have the scheme and coaching to match. That team was loaded with SEC/Big10 committed seniors. Of course Poggi will recruit kids until August, but I still think there’s no way they’re as good next year and they will need the time to gel as well. I agree that DV will have to make changes offensively but maybe that works in their favor. Throw the ball a little more and run some stuff they didn’t put out there with jj at the helm. Defensively, having the new transfer linebacker with experience and getting blackshire back will be huge for them. Good linebackers make life a lot easier for a new DC. If the game is being played in Texas I predict it to be similar to the SJC game this year especially if parson’s arm gets going early. 

Dville will have the most loaded front 7 in the country.  All of those guys have big time p5 offers.  The offense may not change as much as you think.  CP is a great passer but hes always been a guy who likes to run as well.  As he gets older and the game slows down he will probably be running a lot.  Another thing people don't really know is Duncanville also has another guy who will be a sophomore (injured last year) who was considered the best young player in the state.  I'll be interested to see if they use him as a utility or place him solely at RB.  All eyes are on CP but that other kid at 100 percent is just as much of a beast.  

4 hours ago, Texasboys23 said:

Dville will have the most loaded front 7 in the country.  All of those guys have big time p5 offers.  The offense may not change as much as you think.  CP is a great passer but hes always been a guy who likes to run as well.  As he gets older and the game slows down he will probably be running a lot.  Another thing people don't really know is Duncanville also has another guy who will be a sophomore (injured last year) who was considered the best young player in the state.  I'll be interested to see if they use him as a utility or place him solely at RB.  All eyes are on CP but that other kid at 100 percent is just as much of a beast.  

https://www.americanfootballinternational.com/japan-hangs-on-to-defeat-team-usa-u17/\

Chris Parson has lost his last 2 games.  Against N.S. and the Japanese U17 team led by a defensive coordinator at Palmetto Ridge High School in Florida,

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

https://www.americanfootballinternational.com/japan-hangs-on-to-defeat-team-usa-u17/\

Chris Parson has lost his last 2 games.  Against N.S. and the Japanese U17 team led by a defensive coordinator at Palmetto Ridge High School in Florida,

He’s still young, losing like this can be a good thing, brings humility and a stronger work ethic. I think he’ll be fine.  He shared QB duties in that US game too.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

He’s still young, losing like this can be a good thing, brings humility and a stronger work ethic. I think he’ll be fine.  He shared QB duties in that US game too.  

He didn't look too good passing.  But yes he is young.   I am not sold on him but I do expect improvement.

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

He didn't look too good passing.  But yes he is young.   I am not sold on him but I do expect improvement.

I compare him to NS QB when he got his first start as a Frosh in 2017, he got run off the FB vs Katy that year in the playoffs, 31-3.  And IMO this DV kid looks better at the same stage.  

Week 1  - DLS vs North Shore &. SJP PA vs Shadow Creek

Week 2 - Duncanville vs STA played in Ohio

Week 3 - SFA vs Duncanville

The Oklahoma schools and Mansfield Schools have agreed to play for the next two years.  Oklahoma is traveling this coming year and Mansfield ISD will travel in 2021

We also have Longview vs West Monroe in Shreveport again -  this year it will be Texas rules and refs

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The Oklahoma schools and Mansfield Schools have agreed to play for the next two years.  Oklahoma is traveling this coming year and Mansfield ISD will travel in 2021

We also have Longview vs West Monroe in Shreveport again -  this year it will be Texas rules and refs

The Mansfield schools need to give it up, they haven’t done well the past 2 seasons vs OK. This experiment didn’t go well 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

@DevilDog, I’m too lazy to find a track thread.  Pardon the interruption... :) 

Miss USA 2019 is a Former Gamecock Trackster.    Cheslie Kryst.   Anyone against Inter-racial relationships should just peep at this. Polish American Father and African American Mom.  Damn she's fine. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Hey Mansfield is kicking their asses in the Track Meets which are part of it