What up Texas?

DevilDog

Congratulations on another great season in TX.  I’m looking forward to seeing if DV and NS will meet again in the top championship for a third year. Maybe DV will get it done this year, or maybe one of the other TX powers will knock one of them off in the playoffs... but those two programs seem to be the favorites. Some good storylines there to kick off the coming season. 

NCAA Named the top 150 Players in NCAA History.  Funny how the Boys from the Piney Woods of bEast Texas is so represented.   The top 2 Texans are BEAST Texas kids and 2 of the TOP 20 ever. 🤣

#BEastTexas.  4 of the 18 total Texans and Erick Dickerson right on the BEast Texas border in Sealy, TX (Austin, County)

7. Earl Campbell (RB, Texas, 1974-77)
Rushing yards: 4,443 | Yards per rush: 5.8 | Rushing TDs: 40
Darrell Royal won a fierce recruiting battle for the Tyler (Texas) Rose, as Campbell would become known. Campbell rushed for 2,046 yards in his first two seasons in Austin. Bedeviled by hamstring problems and 20 pounds of extra weight, Campbell struggled as a junior. He missed three games and never showed that downhill beer-truck style that made him so dangerous. Campbell got healthy, lost the 20 pounds, and -- under new head coach Fred Akers -- rushed for 1,744 yards, 6.5 yards at a time. He won the 1977 Heisman Trophy vote in a runaway, like a beer truck going downhill.

20. Billy Sims (RB, Oklahoma, 1975-79)
Rushing yards: 3,813 | Yards per carry: 7.1 | Rushing TDs: 50
Oklahoma head coach Barry Switzer thought so much of Sims that he called Sims at the Hooks, Texas, gas station where Sims worked to continue recruiting him. That may not sound amazing, except that Switzer called from a locker room pay phone at halftime of a Sooners game. Sims proved himself worth the effort. In his junior and senior seasons, Sims rushed for 3,268 yards and 42 touchdowns. He took home the 1978 Heisman Trophy during his junior season. Sims didn't repeat as a Heisman winner -- he finished second -- because Charles White of USC beat him out; with 1,506 rushing yards, it's hard to say that Sims faltered.

image.png.c4056ceda2c7a41d90d4547289f1193f.png

31. Bubba Smith (DE, Michigan State, 1964-66)
We take size for granted now, but when Smith lined up at defensive end for the Spartans in his junior and senior seasons, the first two years of fully legal two-platoon football, his 6-7, 283-pound frame represented a quantum leap. In his senior year, the other three All-American defensive linemen averaged 6-3, 221. Smith, an east Texas native and an African American, came along too soon to play in the Southwest Conference. He went to Michigan State and, with 11 other black starters, helped lead the Spartans to share the 1965 and 1966 national titles. In his last two seasons there, Michigan State went 19-1-1 and gave up a total of 175 points, or 8.1 points per game. Smith was an All-American in 1965 and 1966.

45. Adrian Peterson (RB, Oklahoma, 2004-06)
Rushing yards: 4,045 | Rushing TDs: 41 | 100-yard games: 22
In the long line of outstanding backs who grew up in Texas and starred at Oklahoma, Peterson can make a strong case as the greatest. He arrived with a tailor-made nickname: "AD," for "All Day." Peterson brought size, speed and endurance to an Oklahoma offense then better known for putting up big passing numbers. Few freshmen in modern memory have made their presence known the way Peterson did. The Sooners hopped on his back and rode to the BCS Championship Game, where they got steamrolled by USC. It's easy to believe that if Peterson had not come along during the Trojan Dynasty, he would have been another in the long line of Sooners who won the Heisman.

• Like 2

My fellow Texans...I have good reason to believe that Duncanville will be playing two really good OOS games this coming season.

one at home and the other will be OOS - both will be against very elite OOS programs.

I can't say one of the games at this time.  However, STA FL told me this week that they are playing DV in Ohio.  Funny thing is another very elite program is claiming the same vs DV in Ohio.  Until proven different - I will say it's STA FL due to it was actually STA coaches who shared this information with me.

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

So what do you think of the STA/Duncanville game in Ohio? What do you know about it? What’s the name of the event Is apart of? 

I was almost certain that it would happen. I just didn't know about Ohio at the time.

👇

On 12/15/2019 at 12:36 PM, The Guru said:

That's great.

When they go to Texas next year and beat Duncanville then what will your excuse be?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Some mocked the young QB at shadow creek for only having one offer.  Many of us texans said just wait, they’ll start coming, going into his senior year.  UofH just offered to give him a total of 5 offers to date.  

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyron-Drones-46081020/

Had some conversations about him this week...Expect many more offers once spring football practice get's going!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1