What up Texas?

DevilDog

13 hours ago, pied said:

The second sentence is simply spin.  Pretty used to it from you now though.  Still don't know what school/state you support, only that Texas apparently stole your lunch money when you were a kid.  :) 

An objective fact is described as "spin."

It would be shocking if it wasn't so common from you.

13 hours ago, pied said:

Except with the numbers that you have shown.  322 > 309, correct?  I know we talked about math being difficult and that's ok.  

I think the most pathetic thing about the Texans on here is about how obviously deluded they have to be in order to stick to their narratives.

pied will continue claiming that 2019 is 2022 because his fairy tales are more important than objective truth.

What's worse is that the level of discourse from the Texans here never get any better than this.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, pied said:

I am soooooooo behind on this.  Can someone help me out with what the discussion is about?

Someone's son(?) has a scholarship offer to Cal Berkley and somehow this makes him a "bull$4!+ con artist" and there's shade being thrown?

Is this for real?

A Texan purposefully misunderstanding the conversation so he can defend another Texan.

Or in other words, Wednesday.

Gametyme is a bullshit artist who has made some of the biggest whopper claims on her about about this kids' scholarship offers.

Yes, you're behind because you don't pay attention.

This goofball was hyping Alabama, Notre Dame, "my kid has the most offers in Texas!" and now there's a good chance he signs with Cal.

You can try to claim that this is awesome or change the subject to academics but if it is indeed Cal then his existence here has been even more comical than I originally thought.

10 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

What are you talking about, Atticus?

Shocker.

Another Texan who doesn't read anything but just injects his ignorance and stupidity anyway.

👇

On 7/11/2022 at 4:47 PM, Gametyme said:

Arch Manning is reaching out on Instagram live to my guy. Arch Manning doesn't even know who the other kids are. 

"My kid is better than (insert kid)! Why? Because a teenager has heard of him!"

25 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I didn't do the accounting, think tank. I posted what I could find. You're the one who is purposefully missing the context so you can avoid the truth.

In other words, perfectly Texan.

You made a statement that Bowen’s claim was not accurate. I asked for something to back up your claim. 

The only information YOU could find to back up your claim was from 2019 AND showed YOU were incorrect. 

Citing these facts is wrong apparently. Ok. 

27 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

An objective fact is described as "spin."

It would be shocking if it wasn't so common from you.

Bowen said “more”. The data you found showed Texas with “more”. 

You changed “more” to per capita and more local opportunities. I think those topics are very valid discussion points but not when discussing this particular quote. 

26 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

A Texan purposefully misunderstanding the conversation so he can defend another Texan.

Or in other words, Wednesday.

Gametyme is a bullshit artist who has made some of the biggest whopper claims on her about about this kids' scholarship offers.

Yes, you're behind because you don't pay attention.

This goofball was hyping Alabama, Notre Dame, "my kid has the most offers in Texas!" and now there's a good chance he signs with Cal.

You can try to claim that this is awesome or change the subject to academics but if it is indeed Cal then his existence here has been even more comical than I originally thought.

I’m new to the board and wasn’t around when these discussions began. Apologies for not paying attention prior to joining the board I guess. 

I don’t have to spin that having an offer to go to school and play football for Cal is anything but awesome (said as the son of a Stanford grad). That speaks for itself. 

I still haven’t seen the claims by @Gametyme but it doesn’t surprise or bother me too much to see a father proud of his son and even exaggerate some. 

I have seen your comments and your pattern of disrespect is obvious. The fact that you would say some of the things you have about his kid to score points on a football message board  is overboard and pretty disgusting to me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, pied said:

You made a statement that Bowen’s claim was not accurate. I asked for something to back up your claim. 

It was inaccurate. At *best* it's a half-truth. The evidence was already provided. It was a singular statement that was wrong.

You can try to parse it (which you will because you're a deluded Texan) but the facts remain steadfast.

18 minutes ago, pied said:

I still haven’t seen the claims by @Gametyme but it doesn’t surprise or bother me too much to see a father proud of his son and even exaggerate some. 

Just a small sample:

On 6/28/2021 at 10:37 AM, Gametyme said:

30 offers and counting. He would start at IMG or MD he doesn't have to surround himself with super stars. He can wait to college to do that. I know how good he is vs other stars because he was at the rivals 5 star challenge and put on a show. Some kids are built different.

On 6/28/2021 at 10:32 AM, Gametyme said:

My son is going to play wherever he wants. 

11 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Shocker.

Another Texan who doesn't read anything but just injects his ignorance and stupidity anyway.

👇

"My kid is better than (insert kid)! Why? Because a teenager has heard of him!"

Hypocritical much 😒

For someone who exclaims no one pays attention, you sure do a great job of that Atticus.

1. I know what the thread is about.

What everyone would like you to answer is why you insist on spending all of your activity time on this board insulting a fanbase and its football that you think is so overrated and sucks.

Do you not have anything better to do?

No job?

No wife?

2. I am a lady. Not sorry if that offends you. 

3. You’re obviously an intelligent person, Atticus. You can sense that just through your sentence structure and vocabulary; but you don’t need to boast that into everyone’s faces with your choice of belittling and demeaning nature. That just takes focus off of that intelligence and makes you seem like nothing more than a narcissistic bully.

Maybe that’s what you like. If it is, that’s just fine, you’re free to be yourself.

If it’s not, maybe you should try getting to know some of us before you just decide to immediately throw people from this state into a box that you think are deluded and clueless.

Is that too much to ask of you?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

All of my time? It's not even a large portion of it.

Okay, Atticus ☺️

May we hear your explanation of what makes Texans deluded?

Maybe afterwords, if we can get that far, talk about what is so overrated and oh so “suck” about Texas’ football? 

Lastly, maybe you could kind of help Texans become better, and more productive members of society 🙂

28 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is one of my favorite things about this board.

"Shut up, Finch! You don't know what you're talking about, man!"

(then)

"Hey, can you repeat your objections again."

I just love your ability to sidestep my question and unintentionally insult our memories all at once.

Oh Atticus;

How do you do it?

On 7/13/2022 at 7:36 AM, Atticus Finch said:

It was inaccurate. At *best* it's a half-truth. The evidence was already provided. It was a singular statement that was wrong.

You can try to parse it (which you will because you're a deluded Texan) but the facts remain steadfast.

And at best, your statement that Texas does not produce more D1 players is not based in fact either.

You can try to parse it but the facts remain steadfast.

On 7/13/2022 at 7:43 AM, Atticus Finch said:

Just a small sample:

Interesting.  Was able to go back and think I know who you're talking about.  

It appears that Texas is getting confident that they will sign this player.  Reading through your comments, there are some that are pretty disgusting, but assuming he does commit to Texas, it would appear your analysis is pretty awful as well.

What's next for Texas at wide receiver in 2023

Texas currently holds three commitments at wide receiver in the 2023 class: Johntay Cook, Ryan Niblett, and Jonah Wilson.

All three are four-star prospects, with Cook pushing five-star status. Niblett committed to the Longhorns following the Orange-White Game, while Cook and Wilson both announced their pledge to the burnt orange shortly after Arch Manning gave Steve Sarkisian the biggest recruiting win of the cycle.

The Longhorns are not done at receiver in the class. Texas can take as many as five wideouts in the cycle if the right five prospects want to join the class. Manning has some talented wide receivers looking the Longhorns’ way.

Mikal Harrison-Pilot is a candidate to be the next prospect to commit to the Longhorns. Texas seemed to be fading in the Temple prospect’s recruitment until the four-star made it clear that he wants to play receiver on the next level.

It is becoming more and more clear that the Longhorns are zeroing in on Jalen Hale and Mikal Harrison-Pilot at wide receiver, with plans to take at least four at the position in the cycle. With Steve Sarkisian calling plays and Arch Manning in the fold, Texas should have no problem recruiting talent out wide.

https://texas.rivals.com/news/what-s-next-for-texas-at-wide-receiver-in-2023