Rush has spoken

Woodchopper

16 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think it will. Unless he can show where he has been working on this issue actively. I'm sure with attorneys involved and stuff there is ways to maneuver through there. 

People keep saying he is lawyered up.  But, with a half mill in tax debt, would he be able to afford one?  If what they say is true, that he owes  money to businesses around town and could not pay a $146 hotel stay, how much does he have?  

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

People keep saying he is lawyered up.  But, with a half mill in tax debt, would he be able to afford one?  If what they say is true, that he owes  money to businesses around town and could not pay a $146 hotel stay, how much does he have?  

Idk and none of my business. This is a part of the problem around. People trying to figure out why the guy is in apparent financial problems when he makes X. Creating all these silly scenarios and rumors about it. Mostly they don't like him to start with so they aren't very rational with their viewpoints. 

I know from my own budget that money doesn't go far. Easy to spend it all or more than you should and end up owing. So, I don't get mixed up in guessing or wondering about that stuff when it's not my own budget or financials. 

I do see commercials on t.v. saying people can settle their tax debts for a fraction of the actual debt though. Maybe he has the tax relief hotline working for him. Who knows but him? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

For someone who brought that much success and prosperity to a school and community they did him damn dirty. He might be a little rough around the edges (Lol) but the pros vastly outweigh the cons. Like with Trump 😉

Anyways, I wish him good luck in finding another team and community to bless with success and prosperity 

watch him end up at Grayson, lol when all said and done.

what about the Middle GA schools, WR, Northside, HC, Vets, any of them looking for a coach??? 

he won't leave the region/area, too much family within a 6 hour drive.

14 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yea... 

Rush at Grayson ain't happening... 

My Future Vision may be cloudy but Even Stevie Wonder can See that ain't happening... 

Rush's style wouldn't fit anywhere in Gwinnett... If you think Colquitts giving him hell those Gwinnett schools would give him hell and a half... 

And then some...

53 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

watch him end up at Grayson, lol when all said and done.

what about the Middle GA schools, WR, Northside, HC, Vets, any of them looking for a coach??? 

he won't leave the region/area, too much family within a 6 hour drive.

If I understand correctly, the organization that took over the investigation, can pull his teaching license, which would make him ineligible to coach anywhere in GA.  Ga folk did I get that right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

If I understand correctly, the organization that took over the investigation, can pull his teaching license, which would make him ineligible to coach anywhere in GA.  Ga folk did I get that right?

You did. Without his state certifications he can't teach or coach in Georgia. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Is it possible he lands a big job in region this year and get transfers from CC? Is there a sit out period if “legit” move?

No it is not possible.  I thought I remembered something about this as I've had to become very familiar with the transfer rules for obvious reasons.  From the GHSA bylaws section of the constitution : (emphasis mine)

1.72 A student athlete transferring from one school to another shall be ruled ineligible for one year because of“undue influence” if it is proven that:
(a) The coach of the receiving school coached an out-of-school team or all-star team on which the athlete played prior to the transfer; OR
(b) The coach at the receiving school acted as a private athletic instructor for the transferring athlete,regardless of whether the coach was paid for his services and/or expertise; OR
(c) The student participated in a sports camp or clinic run by a member school and/or its coach(es).
(d) The player who played for a coach at one school (GHSA member or non-member) and subsequently followed that coach when he/she moved to a GHSA school or changed schools within the GHSA membership. (This is not applicable to dependent children of the coach.)
(e) The situations cited in this by-law are considered to be violations even if a bona fide move has occurred, and the hardship appeal procedures are available for the demonstration that undue influence has not occurred.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

No it is not possible.  I thought I remembered something about this as I've had to become very familiar with the transfer rules for obvious reasons.  From the GHSA bylaws section of the constitution : (emphasis mine)

1.72 A student athlete transferring from one school to another shall be ruled ineligible for one year because of“undue influence” if it is proven that:
(a) The coach of the receiving school coached an out-of-school team or all-star team on which the athlete played prior to the transfer; OR
(b) The coach at the receiving school acted as a private athletic instructor for the transferring athlete,regardless of whether the coach was paid for his services and/or expertise; OR
(c) The student participated in a sports camp or clinic run by a member school and/or its coach(es).
(d) The player who played for a coach at one school (GHSA member or non-member) and subsequently followed that coach when he/she moved to a GHSA school or changed schools within the GHSA membership. (This is not applicable to dependent children of the coach.)
(e) The situations cited in this by-law are considered to be violations even if a bona fide move has occurred, and the hardship appeal procedures are available for the demonstration that undue influence has not occurred.

Oh damn, I think I've seen that before but it never really registered. 

Good rule.

22 hours ago, 94Packer said:

Then to have a particular coach that shall remain nameless encourage the kids to sign the petition for Propst and then in today’s news be implicated as one of the coaches that came out against Propst in the investigation.... You know they feel betrayed in their minds after that. 

Damn.....

No words. 

BGW

50 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

These old folks sitting at the bar are talking about Rush right now, and not a single thing they have said is true.

The list includes:

He was paid $250,000 a year.

The TD Club bought his house.

He does not have a college degree.

I've heard stuff like that around for the last forever. Lol

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You did. Without his state certifications he can't teach or coach in Georgia. 

I know a few coaches that are not state certified nor are they teachers.  They are not head coaches either though.   I know he can't teach without a state cert but why can't he coach without one???  Especially at a private school. 

1 minute ago, sausmann9 said:

I know a few coaches that are not state certified nor are they teachers.  They are not head coaches either though.   I know he can't teach without a state cert but why can't he coach without one???  Especially at a private school. 

Maybe at a private school. Idk the rules for the GISA 

We have had position coaches at times that lacked their state certs if I'm not totally mistaken, but, not sure how they were paid. I don't think they can get payroll from the school system without their certs.

Not 100 percent on that though.

• Like 1