Maxpreps Preseason Top 25

MC Rockets

4 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Folsom and Centennial shouldn’t be in the top 25 as far as California goes.

outstanding the amount of games between the top ten teams 

Agreed...I feel that MP does cater to California teams a bit. Then when you factor in they also use Calpreps ranking for the computer part, which is a complete crapshow. It makes it really obvious to the West coast bias. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

Agreed...I feel that MP does cater to California teams a bit. Then when you factor in they also use Calpreps ranking for the computer part, which is a complete crapshow. It makes it really obvious to the West coast bias. 

I don't think the Excellent rankings have been too bad, it's the computer rankings that are very pro Cali.   

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Folsom and Centennial shouldn’t be in the top 25 as far as California goes.

outstanding the amount of games between the top ten teams 

Man if St, Joes Prep and Eastside Catholic are worthy so is CC.    Half the teams are on there BC of their past history anyways.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

Can't argue that last statement. Even MC at #9 is a shock to me. But I will take it. 

It really shouldn't be, but unfortunately teams that are careful with their scheduling and don't lose are regarded higher than teams that DGaF and play the best teams they can.    

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Man if St, Joes Prep and Eastside Catholic are worthy so is CC.    Half the teams are on there BC of their past history anyways.  

I don’t know St.Joes Prep is supposed to have a lot of talent this year and Eastside Catholic was mostly underclass men last year including some people’s top 2021 recruit

7 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I don’t know St.Joes Prep is supposed to have a lot of talent this year and Eastside Catholic was mostly underclass men last year including some people’s top 2021 recruit

Oh I know SJP is going to be very good, but sitting above STA, Central, Cen10, DLS, BG, IS IMO because SJP hasn't ran with the best yet.   We shall find out this year.   I guess they feel they are ready since they up'd the schedule.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, covercorner said:

Corona Centennial too high.. that ranking is respect for Coach Logan, hands down. Should be no higher than 25.. and thats stretching it. 

I agree they could be ranked too high.  Given the disparity between the #1 ranked and #25 ranked teams is so high, their OOL contest will of course be a mere formality for MD, right?

Marietta is not a top 25 team. They were 5-6 last year. Top teams don’t lose more games than they win regardless of their schedule. Their trenches need to get a lot better and quite frankly I can’t remember the last time a bad defensive football team won a high class title in Georgia. And they have been bad on defense the entire time they’ve had the fancy QB and receivers

Questions at both Grayson and Colquitt are there with new unproven head coaches. Milton’s one great season is not enough to have many in GHSA buying in as title contenders again. Especially losing their play-makers on offense

Entering the season I do not see a top 30 team. 

19 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

How mad is @Sammyswordsman  

Everyone knows The devil’s ranking is just there to give credibility for DLS to be ranked there also.  

Not.that.good.

Just encourages semi good programs to schedule down to achieve lofty stats and records.  

Im sure Most schools on that list would rather challenge their student athletes.

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Everyone knows The devil’s ranking is just there to give credibility for DLS to be ranked there also.  

Not.that.good.

Just encourages semi good programs to schedule down to achieve lofty stats and records.  

Im sure Most schools on that list would rather challenge their student athletes.

If DLS didn't have STA on the schedule I might agree with you. I agree with @Ararar that Folsom & C10 probably shouldn't be on this list. Folsom will be good but I don't think they justify top 25 with all that they lost. I'd put them somewhere in the top 50 for sure though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

If DLS didn't have STA on the schedule I might agree with you. I agree with @Ararar that Folsom & C10 probably shouldn't be on this list. Folsom will be good but I don't think they justify top 25 with all that they lost. I'd put them somewhere in the top 50 for sure though. 

If they beat MV in the SBG then I will be stunned

But kudos do them for scheduling DLS.  It was weak of their coaching staff to bail tho.   That alone should take them out of the top 50.

LMAO @ St Louis in the rankings. I've lived in HI, have family in HI and played some Pop Warner ball as a kid in HI so I'm a huge fan of anything coming from Hawai'i. 

That being said, they're not that good. Maybe Top 25 good, but that ranking says in a game between Cen10 and St Louis, the Crusaders are the better team. Nope. St. Louis has a few guys with speed but like with every Hawai'i team, they lack overall team speed. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They do 

Now granted STA also plays some very good teams but they do play a quite a few  shit teams 

Thankfully both their schedule and region looks good this year so we may finally see very few uninteresting blowouts from them

South Plantation and?    I'll give you  Ft. Lauderdale even though they went 9-3 last year. FYI Ft. Lauderdale beat Doral Academy by more than Chaminade did.    I'll still give it to you though.   Lame ass argument is still lame though.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

South Plantation and?    I'll give you  Ft. Lauderdale even though they went 9-3 last year. FYI Ft. Lauderdale beat Doral Academy by more than Chaminade did.    I'll still give it to you though.   Lame ass argument is still lame though.  

I was referring to last year 

Notice I did say that their schedule this year was pretty good