Maxpreps Preseason Top 25

MC Rockets

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

South Plantation and?    I'll give you  Ft. Lauderdale even though they went 9-3 last year. FYI Ft. Lauderdale beat Doral Academy by more than Chaminade did.    I'll still give it to you though.   Lame ass argument is still lame though.  

Technically we don't know for sure how good their schedule is this year since none these teams have played any games

Teams we may think are great may go .500 

It's better to compare how good a schedule is at the end of the season TBH

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/st-thomas-aquinas-raiders-(fort-lauderdale,fl)/football-fall-18/schedule.htm

Piper subpar

Boyd Anderson  subpar

Stranahan  garbage

Ely garbage but out of STA control since it's district

Flanagan  garbage but I'll cut STA slack on this one because Flanagan was actually good when STA scheduled them (after 2016 season) they just hit crap overnight

34 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You are mistaken. 

We are not ranking last season. 

peace

You are as good as your last season. Ask Alabama 

Everything I’ve said I firmly believe stands. Marietta has never shown us to be an ELITE in Georgia, so how can they be ranked NATIONALLY? They’ve had 247sports recruits and a 5 star QB for three years and still can’t get past the quarterfinals

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Everything I’ve said I firmly believe stands. Marietta has never shown us to be an ELITE in Georgia, so how can they be ranked NATIONALLY? They’ve had 247sports recruits and a 5 star QB for three years and still can’t get past the quarterfinals

Ohh cause Rufus claims they are 2019 MNC this year

39 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

They can be raked as all teams are at this time of year, on potential. 

They bring back essentially their entire team and their team last year was damned good. 

Have you honestly never seen teams go 500 one year and then win it all the following year? Happens all the time. 

peace

• Like 1

Just on NOR's general logic, no way I would have Marietta over Colquitt. One returns practically everything coming off a one point loss in the big show while the other returns practically everything after coming off a losing season.

Of course NOR would have the one coming off the losing season ahead of the other. 

Hahaha. 

I don't really even care. It's just funny watching the circus. 

Oh woe is Georgia. Nor has proclaimed it Marietta's state ship now. Everyone else should just stay to home and watch a real team play. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Marietta is not a top 25 team. They were 5-6 last year. Top teams don’t lose more games than they win regardless of their schedule. Their trenches need to get a lot better and quite frankly I can’t remember the last time a bad defensive football team won a high class title in Georgia. And they have been bad on defense the entire time they’ve had the fancy QB and receivers

Questions at both Grayson and Colquitt are there with new unproven head coaches. Milton’s one great season is not enough to have many in GHSA buying in as title contenders again. Especially losing their play-makers on offense

Entering the season I do not see a top 30 team. 

Im not sure about a Preseason Top 30 team for GA. But theres 4 teams (Colquitt, Marietta, Parkview, Milton) with the potential to get there eventually... We just have to wait & see how it all works out. 

Curious to see how McEachern does in Stephens first year. Plus what North Gwinnett & Lowndes do this year... Those 2 play Armwood FL & Miami Northwestern FL, respectively. I have no expectations for Grayson bc I know nothing about that new HC except that he was at Creekview last year.

All I can say for Marietta is... They got 2 good players back on D... And almost all those kids from last year are back (minus Ramel Keyton), & another year wiser & stronger under the same coaching staff. Another team we just have to wait & see on... They play St. Joes Prep early on so we will see.

I personally think Colquitt will come out on top this year... JR will do just fine.

Milton lost too many key players. Parkview is the darkhorse this year.

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

I've honestly thought that coaching has been their weak link. 

Having the real top dogs, aside from Lowndes, all having coaching turnover and general turmoil could be the great equalizer that Marietta needs to get it done. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

I agree they could be ranked too high.  Given the disparity between the #1 ranked and #25 ranked teams is so high, their OOL contest will of course be a mere formality for MD, right?

No. Last year’s one-sided game was surprising even to homer MD fans like me. Unlikely Cen10 throws four pick-6s again. Cent10 always battles MD and I expect nothing less when they play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Im not sure about a Preseason Top 30 team for GA. But theres 4 teams (Colquitt, Marietta, Parkview, Milton) with the potential to get there eventually... We just have to wait & see how it all works out. 

Curious to see how McEachern does in Stephens first year. Plus what North Gwinnett & Lowndes do this year... Those 2 play Armwood FL & Miami Northwestern FL, respectively. I have no expectations for Grayson bc I know nothing about that new HC except that he was at Creekview last year.

All I can say for Marietta is... They got 2 good players back on D... And almost all those kids from last year are back (minus Ramel Keyton), & another year wiser & stronger under the same coaching staff. Another team we just have to wait & see on... They play St. Joes Prep early on so we will see.

I personally think Colquitt will come out on top this year... JR will do just fine.

Milton lost too many key players. Parkview is the darkhorse this year.

I certainly have an eye on Parkview. 

McEachern, Colquitt, Grayson all having coaching turnover is problematic for them and makes me nervous to say either one should win it all. 

Curious about Mill Creek as well. Nobody talking about them lately. Seems like they could be coming back on the up-cycle there after a couple of down seasons. At least historically anyway. Unless something weird is going on where their talent is leaving for a different school or something.

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I certainly have an eye on Parkview. 

McEachern, Colquitt, Grayson all having coaching turnover is problematic for them and makes me nervous to say either one should win it all. 

Curious about Mill Creek as well. Nobody talking about them lately. Seems like they could be coming back on the up-cycle there after a couple of down seasons. At least historically anyway. Unless something weird is going on where their talent is leaving for a different school or something.

If Archer would get a new OC, theyd be an annual contender.

No clue on MC, seems like when their DC left to be the HC at North Gwinnett they fell off a bit. 

Maybe Norcross makes a comeback?

Hillgrove has to be another to keep an eye on after last year. I forgot about them. Milton was very lucky (20-19) to beat them in the playoffs.

Camden has to come back eventually. Its weird when they arent a contender.

Roswell? Walton? 

Ok I think Ive mentioned every team that could possibly be a contender now in my last 2 posts.

Colquitt, Hillgrove, Parkview, Marietta, Lowndes, Grayson, North Gwinnett, Archer, Milton, Mill Creek, Roswell, Walton, Norcross, McEachern, Camden... Denmark? 

Ok thats everyone with any conceivable chance, haha! ... Wait no, Westlake! And obviously East Coweta.

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

They can be raked as all teams are at this time of year, on potential. 

They bring back essentially their entire team and their team last year was damned good. 

Have you honestly never seen teams go 500 one year and then win it all the following year? Happens all the time. 

peace

Name three.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Yup was just looking at their recruits and didn't really see much size on the DL.   Thought they might have gotten some hawgs in, but appears not. 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

If Archer would get a new OC, theyd be an annual contender.

No clue on MC, seems like when their DC left to be the HC at North Gwinnett they fell off a bit. 

Maybe Norcross makes a comeback?

Hillgrove has to be another to keep an eye on after last year. I forgot about them. Milton was very lucky (20-19) to beat them in the playoffs.

Camden has to come back eventually. Its weird when they arent a contender.

Roswell? Walton? 

Ok I think Ive mentioned every team that could possibly be a contender now in my last 2 posts.

Colquitt, Hillgrove, Parkview, Marietta, Lowndes, Grayson, North Gwinnett, Archer, Milton, Mill Creek, Roswell, Walton, Norcross, McEachern, Camden... Denmark? 

Ok thats everyone with any conceivable chance, haha! ... Wait no, Westlake! And obviously East Coweta.

Soooooo....

This Years Georgia = 2011 5A Louisiana levels of Craziness???

(For those that forgot...#1 Seed St Paul lost in 1st round).

2 of the top 4 seeds lost in the 1st round.

5 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Soooooo....

This Years Georgia = 2011 5A Louisiana levels of Craziness???

(For those that forgot...#1 Seed St Paul lost in 1st round).

2 of the top 4 seeds lost in the 1st round.

Nah really only 5-6 of those have a real shot at state. I was literally just naming any team in 7A that could be considered "good". 

12 hours ago, badrouter said:

There would have to be some MASSIVE infusion of talent as well as some good reasons a top program would end up 5-6 under any circumstances. 

Wrong.

The team was a very good team last year that played a very good schedule. They return all there top players. 

It is funny to see how many truly just don't "get" it. 

I can understand you being a newbie but some folks have been around a while, they should know better.  They should have learned something.