Maxpreps Preseason Top 25

MC Rockets

14 minutes ago, badrouter said:

A reasonable way to deal with a team like Marietta is to call them a sleeper; a team to watch. And then outline the reasons why they may surprise and be dramatically better. But they shouldn't actually be placed highly in the rankings until they've done something to warrant as much. This applies even if they end up undefeated, champions etc. They don't deserve to start the season that highly ranked. They can't prove me wrong, because my claim is in no way a prediction of how their season will go. 

Reasonable and Max Preps? 

Max Preps can't even spell reasonable. Or proof read. Or stop double posting on their team schedules. Or, or, or. 

Somehow, they have one of the highest traffic sites for rankings and schedules etc. in spite of being error ridden and kinda poorly at picking winners of games and that type stuff. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Didn't JSerra finish ranked in some final nation Top 25 polls with 3 losses, (MD, SJB & Oaks)?

I think so and I remember wondering at the time if it was because of their SOS and that they played SJB a lot closer than people thought they would or if they were deserving.  This was a couple of years ago I think.  

On 7/22/2019 at 12:02 PM, Ararar said:

Folsom and Centennial shouldn’t be in the top 25 as far as California goes.

outstanding the amount of games between the top ten teams 

Can't speak on CC, but I agree regarding Folsom. They return some good talent, but with 95% of the coaching staff turning over, along with losing some very good talent, it's hard for me to buy into them being top 25. Top 100 might even be a stretch. Let 'em prove it with the new coaches first.

On 7/22/2019 at 12:11 PM, MC Rockets said:

Agreed...I feel that MP does cater to California teams a bit. Then when you factor in they also use Calpreps ranking for the computer part, which is a complete crapshow. It makes it really obvious to the West coast bias. 

This is a persistent and consistent weak take from the anti-CA crowd. While I agree that Folsom shouldn't be on the list to start this season, CA should have a lot of representation. Hoping otherwise is a merely pipe dream.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Reasonable and Max Preps? 

Max Preps can't even spell reasonable. Or proof read. Or stop double posting on their team schedules. Or, or, or. 

Somehow, they have one of the highest traffic sites for rankings and schedules etc. in spite of being error ridden and kinda poorly at picking winners of games and that type stuff. 

What I don't understand is why those that hate MP and/or CP spend so much time reading then bantering about them. Quite perplexing.

FWIW, I'm not a huge fan either. But I also don't get riled up over their rankings, especially if my particular region isn't where I believe it should be.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Can't speak on CC, but I agree regarding Folsom. They return some good talent, but with 95% of the coaching staff turning over, along with losing some very good talent, it's hard for me to buy into them being top 25. Top 100 might even be a stretch. Let 'em prove it with the new coaches first.

This is a persistent and consistent weak take from the anti-CA crowd. While I agree that Folsom shouldn't be on the list to start this season, CA should have a lot of representation. Hoping otherwise is a merely pipe dream.

Let's be clear my statement was towards the system, not the schools. Don't just assume I am anti California. I was a big fan of DLS while they had their run. At the end of the day these are kids.

• Like 1

I’m getting a real kick out of the meltdown here over Marietta. Most preseason rankings are based off of that publications opinion of potential. Not what they did last year. That’s ridiculous. Why would anybody rank a team that won state last year highly because of that sole reason?! 

Circumstances change. Players change. Coaches change. All kinds of variables change. It’s all one entities opinion. We may agree or disagree. Marietta has as much potential as anybody in jawja. Means nothing if we can’t fulfill it. 

I just cant think of anybody in the state that I’d definitively say is the best. It isn’t 2018. It’s a new year and many teams have new coaches, new players, different schemes and agendas. To melt over a perceived slight to your team (or anybody else’s) in July is a hoot. 

All I want for Marietta (and everybody for that matter) is for everybody to stay healthy and let the chips fall. If our best isn’t good enough, tip of the cap to who is. 

Carry on.......

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk about clear cut. Clearly the Max Preps experts would argue against the Packers. 

The season is long and a lot of stuff could happen, so I'm not a buyer on a team that loses a couple of kids to transfer rules last year and falls through the floor. 

If I had a "reputation" for ranking teams, well, I'd be going with a balanced approach of historical evidence, talent and coaching. Probably would lean on historical evidence as my wild card if I have any questions about who belongs.  Just my thoughts on ranking. 

Pretty much the thought processes that I'll go into the pick 'em with again too. 

I don't have a problem with MP rating Marietta in the Top 25.  Shoot...I don't have a problem with the AJC rating Marietta No.1 in Georgia.  I mean...it all comes out in the wash.  Our Hawgs could be good enough to make some noise if certain things come to fruition.  But right now...the ONLY thing that matters is August 24th in the Benz against North Gwinnett.  Lime Sink sources up around Suwanee say them "little dogs" have had this game circled since their schedule was announced..  I'd like for Colquitt to play well.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I don't have a problem with MP rating Marietta in the Top 25.  Shoot...I don't have a problem with the AJC rating Marietta No.1 in Georgia.  I mean...it all comes out in the wash.  Our Hawgs could be good enough to make some noise if certain things come to fruition.  But right now...the ONLY thing that matters is August 24th in the Benz against North Gwinnett.  Lime Sink sources up around Suwanee say them "little dogs" have had this game circled since their schedule was announced..  I'd like for Colquitt to play well.

Rufus>>

THIS IS WHAT I'M GONNA USE TO STOMP A MUDHOLE IN YOUR ASS!!!

image.png.ff18e3e4f932599dc0b6607fba9c7134.png

Lowndes returning 16 starters...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Hoss...a couple of things....

1.  Randy McPherson would be surprised to learn he's not the HC of the Vikings anymore.  So would about 1500 TD Club members.  And as far as starting QB goes....Lowndes is hopeful they have one.  Mr. Almond moved up the road to Tift.  But the facts shouldn't stop a good storyline.

2.  The Vikings couldn't beat the Hawgs this year...even with binoculars.

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

1.  Randy McPherson would be surprised to learn he's not the HC of the Vikings anymore.  So would about 1500 TD Club members.  And as far as starting QB goes....Lowndes is hopeful they have one.  Mr. Almond moved up the road to Tift.  But the facts shouldn't stop a good storyline.

Rufus>>

Would you believe 15 starters?  :)       Joe Ross?   https://gseagles.com/news/2008/1/8/GEN_6298.aspx

Image result for maxwell smart shoe phone

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I think so and I remember wondering at the time if it was because of their SOS and that they played SJB a lot closer than people thought they would or if they were deserving.  This was a couple of years ago I think.  

It was last year. They also beat Pinnacle before 5 star Spencer Rattler got suspended. I thought they were the best team in AZ with him at QB. And they body bagged Calabasas

On 7/23/2019 at 11:05 AM, Wosinc said:

Let’s analyse this.

You make a dumb-ass assertion stating something happens “all the time.”

Any half way intelligent person would, even allowing for hyperbole, interpret that to mean at least 50% of the time, if not more.

I ask you to name, of the roughly 10,000 high school teams playing football each year, a mere three that went 0.500 in one year and “won it all” the next (your words).

Mind you, this includes the whole fucking history of high school football, not just last year.

I did the research looking back at the past ten years in the states of NV, AZ, HI, CA, and UT. Not one team has gone from a .500 or lower season one year to a state championship winner in the next year (highest classification only).

NV: Gorman, Liberty, Reed

AZ: Chandler, Centennial, Saguaro, Mtn Pointe, Hamilton 

UT: Bingham, Lone Peak

CA: St John Bosco, MD, DLS

HI: St Louis, Kahuku, Mililani, Punahou

These are the most dominant teams out west. And have managed to win the majority of their respective state titles. 

I did find out that 2014 East (UT) went 5-6 and then went 11-2 in 2015. Winning the smaller 4A title. I’m not going to bother researching all of the smaller classifications.

So it is possible in the smaller less competitive classes and states. But it is still rather rare. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I did the research looking back at the past ten years in the states of NV, AZ, HI, CA, and UT. Not one team has gone from a .500 or lower season one year to a state championship winner in the next year (highest classification only).

NV: Gorman, Liberty, Reed

AZ: Chandler, Centennial, Saguaro, Mtn Pointe, Hamilton 

UT: Bingham, Lone Peak

CA: St John Bosco, MD, DLS

HI: St Louis, Kahuku, Mililani, Punahou

These are the most dominant teams out west. And have managed to win the majority of their respective state titles. 

I did find out that 2014 East (UT) went 5-6 and then went 11-2 in 2015. Winning the smaller 4A title. I’m not going to bother researching all of the smaller classifications.

So it is possible in the smaller less competitive classes and states. But it is still rather rare. 

you guys are pure morons

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Wow I did a little bit of research that benefitted your previous statement and you direct this comment at me? 

Stay classy! 

This is typical of him whenever anyone asks him to justify one of his nonsense claims.

Never a bit of solid info, just deflection and insults.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, golfaddict1 said:

On 7/24/2019 at 12:31 PM, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

On 7/24/2019 at 1:08 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Would you believe 15 starters?  :)       Joe Ross?   https://gseagles.com/news/2008/1/8/GEN_6298.aspx

Image result for maxwell smart shoe phone

@Rufus69 MNW (Mudhole Next, Welcome) :)