Texas Teams...

BobbySanchez

13 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Frosty4024I came here expecting something about Atascocita,SLC,Desoto,Guyer,Allen or Katy... 

All Im seeing is Louisiana vs California BS because of Caj's insecurities... 

Looks like Guyer may be close to announcing their new HC.

DeSoto has a couple nice transfers in the past few weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pied said:

DeSoto has a couple nice transfers in the past few weeks.

That kid never reads threads.......,he doesn't know where Desoto is or care about Desoto.

...2 or 3 days from now he will pop back in and ask if Desoto or Duncanville has recently picked up any transfers. 😃

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

Yet another complete lie from steeler......fairly common with this guy.

D1 was the strongest division in Louisiana in 2019 and #13 Nationally, if you go by Calpreps (might be ok for this sort of stuff).

Louisiana D1 is Catholic (Baton Rouge), Rummel, John Curtis, Jesuit, Brother Martin, St Aug, CE Byrd, Scotlandville and etc. It's the large Private Class/Select Class. D1 is normally the strongest division in Louisiana and has finished Top 10 Nationally several times.. D1 will be even stronger this year as we add 4A Power Edna Karr (NOLA).

Zachary sees none of those teams listed above in the playoffs. Louisiana, as most know is SPLIT!

2019 Top Divisions

http://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/National_divisions.htm

1 Southern 1/2 118-30 52.9 43.6
2 Texas 6A 27-3 52.7 36.1
3 Hawaii I-Open 10-3 48.8 49
4 Maryland MIAA A 23-8 47.4 39.9
5 Ohio I 125-39 42.2 35.5
6 San Diego I 73-13 37.5 31
7 Tennessee II-AAA 44-8 37 29
8 New Jersey Non-Public Group 4 52-21 36 30.3
9 Southern 3 97-54 35.8 30.7
10 Texas 5A-1 79-42 34.8 23.6
11 Arkansas 7A 19-11 33.7 33.8
12 Ohio II 174-81 33.2 24.2
13 Louisiana I 49-21 32.9 28.9
14 Central 1 52-21 32.6 28.2
15 Texas 5A-2 80-35 31.9 21

2018 Louisiana D1 finished #7 Nationally.

1 Southern 1 88-24 58 49.6
2 Hawaii I-Open 9-3 47.6 47.3
3 Texas 6A 25-6 46.9 31.3
4 Maryland MIAA A 31-10 45.8 30.1
5 Ohio I 132-41 43.2 35.7
6 Southern 2 95-42-1 41.2 34
7 Louisiana I 51-26 37.3 34
8 San Diego I 60-17 36.6 31.1
9 Ohio II 196-74 35.6 23.9
10 Arkansas 7A 21-9 35.1 35.6

and so on.

Quit lying steeler and take your state champion taking a beatdown like everyone else does. 

PS: grow up!

Lol,  they play in your large public school championship and lost to the undefeated state Champion by 7. 

You happy

On 8/8/2019 at 2:50 PM, Ararar said:

Do they though?

when asked what they accomplished what do the kids say first National Champions or State Champions?

The two are not mutually exclusive.  In order to win a MNC, you have to win a state title.  Winning or losing an out-of-state game has no real impact on your state title bid.  This is a false choice to make.

The only real risk is to your region's reputation.  It's apparent that this is what Texas teams really value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

The two are not mutually exclusive.  In order to win a MNC, you have to win a state title.  Winning or losing an out-of-state game has no real impact on your state title bid.  This is a false choice to make.

The only real risk is to your region's reputation.  It's apparent that this is what Texas teams really value.

You responded to a 3 year old post?  😂 why? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

I really don’t think anyone values a regions reputation over a state championship except for a select few weird fans - a few of them are and used to be on here and forums going way back.  

Winning or losing an OOS game only really means team A was better than team B on that day.  Doesn’t matter if teams A and B are from TX, FL, CA, GA, LA, or Planet Mars. All the daisy chaining scores is ridiculous at the high school level.  Too few common markers / opponents to get a true feel, whether talking statistically or otherwise.  That’s why products like CalPreps and Massey are worthless for “ratings” purposes but useful when used as an information source.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

That’s why products like CalPreps and Massey are worthless for “ratings” purposes but useful when used as an information source.

I agree national ratings are not very good. They're pretty good instate,  but even in some states that don't have much connectivity between divisions,  they have to scale the divisions or they'll end up with wacky state ratings

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

Didn’t IMG get a MNC in 2020 without winning a state title?

15 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I really don’t think anyone values a regions reputation over a state championship except for a select few weird fans - a few of them are and used to be on here and forums going way back. 

I would wager than a large percentage of Texas players would be interested in out-of-state games because there is a natural curiosity with how you stack up against other top competition.

For Texas coaches and administrations, it is beneficial to try to maintain the notion that Texas football is king in order to keep the money flowing.

But, once again, stacking yourself up against other regions has no impact on your state championship bid, other than to provide context on that state championship.

Winning or losing an OOS game only really means team A was better than team B on that day.

This is largely true of almost any football game.  A lot of people don't really understand this.  They always think 'the better team won', when it really is the 'the better team on that day'.

Doesn’t matter if teams A and B are from TX, FL, CA, GA, LA, or Planet Mars. All the daisy chaining scores is ridiculous at the high school level.  Too few common markers / opponents to get a true feel, whether talking statistically or otherwise.

While I generally agree that daisy chains do not always work, they do when a game's final score is 45-3.

Too few common markers / opponents to get a true feel, whether talking statistically or otherwise.  That’s why products like CalPreps and Massey are worthless for “ratings” purposes but useful when used as an information source.

You know what would make Calpreps and Massey rating more accurate?

If Texas teams would play more damn OOS games.

25 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Because it popped up in my feed as a topic being discussed and that post was one that caught my eye.  That, and not much has changed with regards to Texas since.

a post from 2019 caught your eye as relevant to what we were discussing in 2022…in the Texas thread.  Yeah right! Lol

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

a post from 2019 caught your eye as relevant to what we were discussing in 2022…in the Texas thread.  Yeah right! Lol

Dude, are you stating that you don't know how this message board works?  As many years as you've been on it, you've never noticed that if someone comments on a topic, it goes to the top of the list?  You, yourself, commented on the thread just yesterday, too! 

The original post that started the thread doesn't go away and when you start looking through the topic, those are the first you see.  Shit, how long have we been commenting on the same "Some California news" topic?  The original post still exists there, too.

Holy crap, I swore you were smarter than this.  Am I wrong?

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Further, my comment prompted three responses.  Isn't that the point of the board?  To have discussions?

Thankfully, among the three, only yours was completely mindless.

• Haha 1

Wish LT would schedule North Shore in non-district, we need a win over them. We also need a QB lol. Really wanted Longview/Highland Park, Plano, Southlake Carroll and Cedar Hill non-district. 

Does anyone know what the big non-district matches are? I just finished (mostly) my accounting busy season so I haven’t had the time to keep up. 

41 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Wish LT would schedule North Shore in non-district, we need a win over them. We also need a QB lol. Really wanted Longview/Highland Park, Plano, Southlake Carroll and Cedar Hill non-district. 

Does anyone know what the big non-district matches are? I just finished (mostly) my accounting busy season so I haven’t had the time to keep up. 

Just to name a few Instate:

ridge point v Westlake

katy v Atascocita 

soc v desoto

soc v Duncanville 

NS v woodlands 

Steele v Brennan 

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Just to name a few Instate:

ridge point v Westlake

katy v Atascocita 

soc v desoto

soc v Duncanville 

NS v woodlands 

Steele v Brennan 

Ridge point v. Westlake. Finally Fort Bend County v. ATX. 

Do you know if it’s home or away for Westlake? 

And excuse my ignorance, but who is SOC?