Bryce Young commits to Alabama

ATLien12x

USC doesn't deserve this kid. This now moves USC to having the 62nd rated recruiting class for 2020. Right behind Louisiana Tech, Wazzu, & USF.....

There are currently 29 4star or better recruits in the state of California and USC has......1 committed (whom I've heard is linked to BY, so he very well might decommit). 

USC was literally Justin Flowe, Bryce Young, & Elias Ricks dream school. Absolute disgrace. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, mje44 said:

I'm expecting Helton to be gone in the next month or so.

Any inside insight on how a new coaching staff at SC would affect his commitment to Bama?

Would a homerun hire flip him? Or is it a lost cause? 

The way these back ups are playing, good chance he see a better opportunity at Bama. He's gone.

Only way is if USC convince at least Fink or Slovis to transfer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mje44 said:

I'm expecting Helton to be gone in the next month or so.

Any inside insight on how a new coaching staff at SC would affect his commitment to Bama?

Would a homerun hire flip him? Or is it a lost cause? 

I think urban is the only one that has a shot. Then again he’s not taking over at least until the seasons over if it happens at all (USC president Folt is not on board for urban but money talks so we’ll see what the donors have to say)  and Bryce will be enrolling early which would only give urban a few weeks to make it happen. Bryce was also committed to SC for 2 years, not so sure he’d make this move to Alabama if he wasn’t sure it’s what he wanted to do. Slovis and jt will both be sophomores next year due to jt’s medical redshirt this year so it may not have been the most appealing to Bryce knowing the possibility he doesn’t play for 2 years. I personally think Bryce could win the job at Sc over those two but he doesn’t want to be committed to a coach that is fighting to keep his job every week & I don’t blame him. The quicker clay is gone the better shot there is. SC will continue to recruit him hard but when clay is fired there could be a complete turnover in the staff. If a recruit doesn’t have solid relationships with the staff then he won’t go play there. Going to be real tough on SC but wouldn’t say impossible because of how long Bryce was committed and the love he has for SC. The quicker urban can get there the better chance there is. I’d much rather have urban recruiting against saban than clay recruiting against saban. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

I think urban is the only one that has a shot. Then again he’s not taking over at least until the seasons over if it happens at all (USC president Folt is not on board for urban but money talks so we’ll see what the donors have to say)  and Bryce will be enrolling early which would only give urban a few weeks to make it happen. Bryce was also committed to SC for 2 years, not so sure he’d make this move to Alabama if he wasn’t sure it’s what he wanted to do. Slovis and jt will both be sophomores next year due to jt’s medical redshirt this year so it may not have been the most appealing to Bryce knowing the possibility he doesn’t play for 2 years. I personally think Bryce could win the job at Sc over those two but he doesn’t want to be committed to a coach that is fighting to keep his job every week & I don’t blame him. The quicker clay is gone the better shot there is. SC will continue to recruit him hard but when clay is fired there could be a complete turnover in the staff. If a recruit doesn’t have solid relationships with the staff then he won’t go play there. Going to be real tough on SC but wouldn’t say impossible because of how long Bryce was committed and the love he has for SC. The quicker urban can get there the better chance there is. I’d much rather have urban recruiting against saban than clay recruiting against saban. 

Well lets pray for Urban then 🙏

There are a lot of coaching candidates out there that could turn USC around fairly quickly, but it seems like UM would be the only guy enticing enough for these 2020 recruits to flip there commitment. I know Flowe won't commit until he knows who is coaching at SC next year. 

Appreciate the info!