SJB @ Servite 27-26 F

dntn31

11 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I’d disagree. They won the game? Don't get this “pretty” loss and “ugly” win stuff?

Seriously if SJB played flawless lights out football and lost I’d just about guarantee they’d take a win no matter how they got it even if it “looked bad”. 

What’s wrong with a little criticism?

I mean, It’s routinely stated that both Bosco & Mater Dei would effortlessly take out any and every other high school football team in the nation without breaking a sweat. 

It would get to the point, they’d need to send the band out onto the field to keep from running up the score. Although, I’ve heard Bosco has a few 4 star tuba players.

• Haha 1

Just now, SeaShells21 said:

I mean, It’s routinely stated that both Bosco & Mater Dei would effortlessly take out any and every other high school football team in the nation without breaking a sweat. 

Seems to me, most people here who say such things about MD and SJB are not MD fans, SJB fans or even people from CA. MD and SJB have spoken for themselves with their OOS on the field results.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Kalven said:

You can’t dismiss bad performances. A win is still better but it does open doors for criticism, which is warrant. 

It does no doubt. But honestly do you think SJB is still a top 10 team after this performance or are they now a 50-75 range team based on this game?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

What’s wrong with a little criticism?

It would get to the point, they’d need to send the band out onto the field to keep from running up the score. Although, I’ve heard Bosco has a few 4 star tuba players.

Nothing wrong w a little criticism, shit it’s good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

It does no doubt. But honestly do you think SJB is still a top 10 team after this performance or are they now a 50-75 range team based on this game?

Absolutely top 10 absolutely top 5. We’re talking about 14-18 year old KIDS. It happens. If Bosco were to see servite in the playoffs I’d expect a much different outcome 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

Absolutely top 10 absolutely top 5. We’re talking about 14-18 year old KIDS. It happens. If Bosco were to see servite in the playoffs I’d expect a much different outcome 

Servite might just play their way into the 8 team bracket and there could be a rematch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, On2whls said:

Servite might just play their way into the 8 team bracket and there could be a rematch.

If I had to bet on it I’m taking servite over jserra. Convince me otherwise. Love Chris streets game, wish he didn’t leave MD but servite did a little more than hold their own tonight. Impressive. Tastes like 💩 coming off my tongue because I hate that stupid school in Anaheim and that shadow boxing leprechaun but I will give credit where it’s due always! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Absolutely top 10 absolutely top 5. We’re talking aboutn14-18 year old KIDS. It happens. If Bosco were to see servite in the playoffs I’d expect a much different outcome 

I agree with this!... SJB was coming off a bye week and it is human nature to look at a team that hasen't been competitive with you the few years lightly... SJB Did not play their best game at all...

But Man Servite sure did!... Those dudes were ready to go and it Looks like TT has it working over-there... They are a YOUNG Team and I really hope they build on this and Take 3rd in the Trinity League!!!...

I think this game is a great example that Teams are not Just accepting a "Loss" to MD and Bosco... The Kids Believe and that is exciting!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

C’mon now it’s not even a question their still top 5. Here’s mine;

1.MD 2.IMG 3.DV 4.SFA 5.SJB 6.STA 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I think this game is a great example that Teams are not Just accepting a "Loss" to MD and Bosco... The Kids Believe and that is exciting!!

Yup.  The bigger the target, the greater the reward if they can pull it off.  Nobody wins if they don’t believe they can.  

BTW, after DLS, who do you see as #2 up North?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kalven said:

C’mon now it’s not even a question their still top 5. Here’s mine;

1.MD 2.IMG 3.DV 4.SFA 5.SJB 6.STA 

Exactly so if they beat MD in a few weeks I don’t think it looks bad? That’s was my point. A win in a 10 game or up to 15 game season game does not define a team. If SBJ runs the table I don’t see this win affecting them at all where then end up and pollsters won’t look at this game too much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, On2whls said:

Yup.  The bigger the target, the greater the reward if they can pull it off.  Nobody wins if they don’t believe they can.  

BTW, after DLS, who do you see as #2 up North?

Up here it will be Between Folsom, Serra (San Mateo) and Valley Christian... The Problem up here is that Serra and VC play bin the same league and section so they are likely to split their games... Assuming no massive upset in the playoffs they will both be 12-1 with the Section Champ Moving on... The Problem is if Central is undefeated they will likely get 1 of the D1AA Slots... The Other goes to Folsom or the CCCS Winner... I say you have to give it to Folsom, they are the 2 Time Defending Champs...

Folsom is the #2 Team until they Lose to someone other then DLS, but Serra and VC play the Style that gives Folsom Trouble and they both have great lines and are Very Physical... Serra has the Better QB and is Ranked #3 right now... I believe they could beat Folsom, they are putting running clocks on teams so they have an explosive enough offense to put up the points needed to beat Folsom...

The rest of the teams are just lacking with Liberty being the most overrated... Liberty Will Struggle to beat PITT and Serra put up 50+on PITT....

We are only halfway through of course, alot of Football left!!!... :) 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Exactly so if they beat MD in a few weeks I don’t think it looks bad? That’s was my point. A win in a 10 game or up to 15 game season game does not define a team. If SBJ runs the table I don’t see this win affecting them at all where then end up and pollsters won’t look at this game too much.

There is no way Bosco runs the table, no team can beat this MD team 2 Times in the same season.... Unless MD is somehow missing their QB of course... :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Up here it will be Between Folsom, Serra (San Mateo) and Valley Christian... The Problem up here is that Serra and VC play bin the same league and section so they are likely to split their games... Assuming no massive upset in the playoffs they will both be 12-1 with the Section Champ Moving on... The Problem is if Central is undefeated they will likely get 1 of the D1AA Slots... The Other goes to Folsom or the CCCS Winner... I say you have to give it to Folsom, they are the 2 Time Defending Champs...

Folsom is the #2 Team until they Lose to someone other then DLS, but Serra and VC play the Style that gives Folsom Trouble and they both have great lines and are Very Physical... Serra has the Better QB and is Ranked #3 right now... I believe they could beat Folsom, they are putting running clocks on teams so they have an explosive enough offense to put up the points needed to beat Folsom...

The rest of the teams are just lacking with Liberty being the most overrated... Liberty Will Struggle to beat PITT and Serra put up 50+on PITT....

We are only halfway through of course, alot of Football left!!!... :) 

Exactly I still see Folsom as the #2 team behind DLS. But, It’s all about match ups. DLS is not a good match up for Folsom. Game this year was over at half for all intensive purposes and never in doubt.

Foslom  vs. Serra or VC and I’d say Folsom wins 7-3 to 9-1 in those match ups. Think Serra matches up a bit better due to offensive style and ability to match scores. Same with Serra vs DLS. I think  Folsom is a better team than Serra, but if Serra played DLS I’d think their chances to upset DLS would be higher than Folsom.

VC is defensive oriented and think Folsom is not a great match up for them. 

• Like 1

These are the two pictures that dntn31 took down last night. 

Obviously he was embarrassed because real HSFB is getting bigger crowds than games against two private school games played at a local junior college. 

Don't blame me because your team didn't play well against small market, lowly Servite, who wouldn't even be a top 5 team in NorCal. 

Our crowd was amazing last night. Have another look :)

20191005_090355.jpg

20191005_090424.jpg

15 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

Obviously he was embarrassed because real HSFB is getting bigger crowds than games against two private school games played at a local junior college. 

Don't blame me because your team didn't play well against small market, lowly Servite, who wouldn't even be a top 5 team in NorCal. 

20191005_090355.jpg

20191005_090424.jpg

That looks very nice honestly. Glad to see that

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frankyjames said:

20191005_090355.jpg

20191005_090424.jpg

Big crowds small market football. Happens all the time. The folks don’t know there small market.

folsom is average team. Be proud though👍

• Haha 3