SJB @ Servite 27-26 F

dntn31

6 hours ago, Kalven said:

C’mon now it’s not even a question their still top 5. Here’s mine;

1.MD 2.IMG 3.DV 4.SFA 5.SJB 6.STA 

Looks right to me. I think at this point MD is a clear #1 and the rest you could argue for 2-6. What’s good is that IMG is playing St. Frances and MD plays Bosco so things will become clearer in a few weeks. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

My only point on this is that Servite is very young this year (sophs) but is better than JSerra and will be better for the forseeable future.

My other point is that Servite is better than any Nor Cal team not named DLS, and will be for the forseeable future.

I told you SJB wasn’t good, I knew they weren’t good when Don Bosco scores 21 on them, now they won by one against a bad Servite team who got trampled by Bishop Gorman, to make things even worse. Servite was all sophomores 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I told you SJB wasn’t good, I knew they weren’t good when Don Bosco scores 21 on them, now they won by one against a bad Servite team who got trampled by Bishop Gorman, to make things even worse. Servite was all sophomores 

IDC about any of that... 

I just need the Braves to beat MD... They can lose OLU as far as I care... As long as they beat MD... 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Give a little credit to Servite. They’re much improved. They have over a half season experience now. 

I’d  like to see them do a home and home with Folsom next year and shut that clown up.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

as the #1 Joes fan here, I told you that we weren't any good.  We couldn't score 1 point against Baltimore's finest.  We hog up the few D-1s in NJ, and lay eggs, losing 4 starters in the process.  (But I like Epps better than Audrey, so there's that.)

And your paint job wasn't anything to brag about.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

After this nail biter, I’m eager to see what @Sammyswordsman s Tiers look like tomorrow. Hopefully, he’ll be fair rather than a homer. #downgrade 

The tiers don't concern me too much.  This is a peer-pressure business.  The excuses that I've read should be saved, and shown later to see whether those apologists are consistent.  Things will wash out at year end.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

No, SJB is great. Personally though, I don't think they are like MD. They have the talent , size , speed, etc. to compete with anyone and beat them, even MD. Where they lack next to MD, imop, is their coaching is not up to MD standards.  Thus having a night off like they did against Servite. Every year it seems, they have a close call against some one in league. And Servite, you have to give them credit. Since they are young, they will improve dramatically as season progresses. They have had a really good pre league schedule, so they are tested. Let's see if Servite can continue to impress on into next season. Probably time to renew the Dela series they had for 4 years running.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Props to another SoCal region willing to play up...not a lot of that going on up north’

Hey, don't paint all of NorCal with that brush.  San Mateo Serra, Stockton St. Mary's, Modesto Central Catholic, and Loomis Del Oro (as examples) have all sought good SoCal competition... just not Folsom.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

After this nail biter, I’m eager to see what @Sammyswordsman s Tiers look like tomorrow. Hopefully, he’ll be fair rather than a homer. #downgrade 

You mean like moving Servite to Tier 2 and dropping DeMatha, Iggy, Gonzaga, Good Council, SJR, SFA, SJC?

The dominos would spread far and wide.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RuntheClock said:

Servite has something building over there. MD blows Bosco out like everyone else.

As much as I’d like to agree I think 2 big things are going way over everybody’s head. 1. Bosco is simply much better than what they showed last night. Coming off a bye week and getting servite isn’t necessarily the ultimate motivation if you get what I’m saying. Didn’t watch the whole game but I’m assuming sjb kept it real simple and did what they needed to do to get out of dodge. Bosco knows every single game they play is the other teams super bowl. That was servites best punch against a mediocre effort from the braves. 2. Servite is young but they are for real and will make noise in the next couple of years. Thomas has those kids playing hard, they bought in. A lot of improvements can be made in a month and that’s what they did (improve, regroup) after getting tossed by gorman on the road. 

Im positive Bosco rises to the challenge on oct 25th and performs how they should.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

As much as I’d like to agree I think 2 big things are going way over everybody’s head. 1. Bosco is simply much better than what they showed last night. Coming off a bye week and getting servite isn’t necessarily the ultimate motivation if you get what I’m saying. Didn’t watch the whole game but I’m assuming sjb kept it real simple and did what they needed to do to get out of dodge. Bosco knows every single game they play is the other teams super bowl. That was servites best punch against a mediocre effort from the braves. 2. Servite is young but they are for real and will make noise in the next couple of years. Thomas has those kids playing hard, they bought in. A lot of improvements can be made in a month and that’s what they did (improve, regroup) after getting tossed by gorman on the road. 

Im positive Bosco rises to the challenge on oct 25th and performs how they should.

Posting to the Excuse Tread

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

You are so full of yourself.  You like downing the level of play of teams but never provide the team who should replace them.

what do you consider good H.S. football?