Mater Dei vs JSERRA

Texasfrog

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Think that would be a really good game. Hope it happens next year even though both stud qb’s will be gone. Bosco is solid in the box but not as great in the secondary. Jj would have to air it out to win that game and bosco would have to establish the run against dv’s front to win and I think that would be tough for them to do too. DLS wouldn’t matchup well with Dv defensively. If dv got a few stops and took the lead they’d make it real difficult for DLS to get back in the game. 

I just don’t know if it’s possible on a high school level to stop JJ’s  run game.  There’s too much talent on the OLine.  Just my personal opinion.  

43 minutes ago, Texasboys23 said:

Have you watched DV?  I try to be unbiased but they are head and shoulders better than everyone in Cali besides MD.  Dv beats Bosco by 2 scores at this time of year.  There’s not a high school defense that can stop JJ.  Just being honest.  

But they are more on the one dimensional side of offense, making it easier to defend. I'm not claiming Dela would beat DV, NS, at all. I'm just saying Dela would make a game of it, at least closer than 3 td's. But you never know. Will know more when Dela meets MD or Bosco in Open

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Texasboys23 said:

I just don’t know if it’s possible on a high school level to stop JJ’s  run game.  There’s too much talent on the OLine.  Just my personal opinion.  

You definitely have to commit 7-8 to the run on every down and hope you don’t get beat 1 on 1 on the backend. How you feel about jj’s run game at the hs level is how I feel about Bryce airing it out so I totally get it 

24 minutes ago, Texasboys23 said:

Lol I’m a Dv homer.  Could care less what the other teams are doing. 

Okay, so the way I see it, there are a) team homers,  b) section homers (Dallas area vs Houston as an example, and c) State homers.  You can’t argue with the guys that get the trifecta.  You know, the ones who are open minded as long as you agree with them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Horsefly said:

And that would be a “no” on that.  You haven’t seen Servite nor Duncanville play this year but yet you have an opinion that you think is credible.  

You would be more honest, and accurate, if you said you HOPE a TX team would lose 3 games in the TL. Kinda like you were hoping Duncanville would lose to SJC. You were pretty vocal before the game on that one.  

Like I said Horsefly..

California....."Trinity League is the toughest League in America... WHY?   Because we say so!!!!"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Texasboys23 said:

Have you watched DV?  I try to be unbiased but they are head and shoulders better than everyone in Cali besides MD.  Dv beats Bosco by 2 scores at this time of year.  There’s not a high school defense that can stop JJ.  Just being honest.  

Come on Texasboy..

SJB beat DeMatha and Good Counsel 35-7 and 38-8.

DeMatha and Good Counsel both lost to St.Johns College.

SJC lost to Duncanville 35-14.

Come on brother...  It's 100% obvious that St.Johns Bosco is light-years better than Duncanville (TX).    Wink-Wink.

California...."Trinity League is the toughest League in America.... WHY... Because we say So!!"

On 11/2/2019 at 2:10 PM, HurricaneNick said:

You definitely have to commit 7-8 to the run on every down and hope you don’t get beat 1 on 1 on the backend. How you feel about jj’s run game at the hs level is how I feel about Bryce airing it out so I totally get it 

Curious...how do you stop BY? dropback 6-8, shut Epps down (cover2, etc), spy BY and trust your line/backers to shut down MDs run? SFA did all of the above except contain BY. Bosco faired better but got lit up by Epps.

Does Bosco have the personnel to effectively spy Bryce (speed/smarts/size) without exposing something equally bad or worse?? 

• Like 1

m-p-logo-white.png

Trinity League headlines Top 10 toughest leagues in high school football

Thumbnail image of this articles writer: Zack PoffZACK POFFThursday, October 3, 2019
Video: Top 10 toughest leagues in high school football
Georgia is the only state with more than one league featured. 

With the calendar changing to October it means it's time for coaches to start preparing for league games and a perfect opportunity to zone in on the Top 10 toughest leagues in high school football.

Nine different states are represented and the Peach State is the only one with multiple regions featured. 

The rankings are based off the MaxPreps' Computer and there are only four leagues in the country that have at least three teams ranked in the Top 100. 

Top 10 Toughest Leagues in High School FootballTop 10 Toughest Leagues in High School Football

1. California, Trinity League1. California, Trinity League

Teams in Top 25 — 2

Teams ranked 25-100 — 2

Teams ranked 101-1,000 — 2 

Every team in the Trinity League is above .500 and league teams are a combined 24-6 this season. Five of those six losses came against Top 50 opponents and the Trinity has the top two ranked teams in the country. They showed how good they are against some of the nation's best competition in the Trinity League vs. USA Showcase. Mater Dei beat No. 3 St. Frances Academy (Baltimore), St. John Bosco beat No. 28 Good Counsel (Olney, Md.) and JSerra Catholic beat the defending 7A state champs, Milton (Ga.). 
076349e2-00e6-e911-80cd-fa7ca2e6058b_ori
Graphic by Ryan Escobar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Colonel said:
m-p-logo-white.png

Trinity League headlines Top 10 toughest leagues in high school football

Thumbnail image of this articles writer: Zack PoffZACK POFFThursday, October 3, 2019
Video: Top 10 toughest leagues in high school football
Georgia is the only state with more than one league featured. 

With the calendar changing to October it means it's time for coaches to start preparing for league games and a perfect opportunity to zone in on the Top 10 toughest leagues in high school football.

Nine different states are represented and the Peach State is the only one with multiple regions featured. 

The rankings are based off the MaxPreps' Computer and there are only four leagues in the country that have at least three teams ranked in the Top 100. 

Top 10 Toughest Leagues in High School FootballTop 10 Toughest Leagues in High School Football

1. California, Trinity League1. California, Trinity League

Teams in Top 25 — 2

Teams ranked 25-100 — 2

Teams ranked 101-1,000 — 2 

Every team in the Trinity League is above .500 and league teams are a combined 24-6 this season. Five of those six losses came against Top 50 opponents and the Trinity has the top two ranked teams in the country. They showed how good they are against some of the nation's best competition in the Trinity League vs. USA Showcase. Mater Dei beat No. 3 St. Frances Academy (Baltimore), St. John Bosco beat No. 28 Good Counsel (Olney, Md.) and JSerra Catholic beat the defending 7A state champs, Milton (Ga.). 
076349e2-00e6-e911-80cd-fa7ca2e6058b_ori
Graphic by Ryan Escobar

Texasfrog

block 5.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Curious...how do you stop BY? dropback 6-8, shut Epps down (cover2, etc), spy BY and trust your line/backers to shut down MDs run? SFA did all of the above except contain BY. Bosco faired better but got lit up by Epps.

Does Bosco have the personnel to effectively spy Bryce (speed/smarts/size) without exposing something equally bad or worse?? 

the only problem is that defense you just described, requires 14 players

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Spot on. Go ahead and drop 7 and watch what he does with his feet although he may still beat you with his arm.  Bryce is unreal this year and without question the best player in the country. You have no choice but to play zone/ disguise coverages against MD because the receivers & Bryce are too good to play man against. Doing so not only allows Bryce the time in the pocket due to only bringing 4- 5 on the rush but also allows him to make plays with his feet & he may not have top end speed but would imagine he clocks in the high 4.6’s - 4.7 range. I don’t know how to defend BY if I’m Bosco or SFA. His pocket presence and decision making is far beyond his years, wasn’t a single point in either game that MD wasn’t in control. Have heard a lot about a Bosco/SFA rematch with MD being closer than the first games but I’m just not seeing it. Drop 7-8 and open up the run game, MD can run the ball on anybody or bring 6-7 and let him pick apart your secondary and get hurt on the back end. Spy your MLB and leave the middle of the field wide open and give him favorable match ups. Pick your poison. Bosco does not have the personnel especially in the secondary. They’re good up front, MLB gaoteote is really really good but having him spy Bryce leaves them extremely vulnerable imo. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

You really can't stop BY this year. The best strategy is to keep him off the field as much as possible by pounding the ball and grinding out 1st down after 1st down. But sooner or later he will get on the field then it depends on your defensive personnel. As HurricaneNick mentioned above pick your poison. Try and stack the box you are putting a lot of pressure on your secondary. I think you're better off rushing four and and try to shut down his passing game. If MD is running the ball on you at least the clock keeps moving. Either way MD's offense is a def. coordinator's worst nightmare.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

You really can't stop BY this year. The best strategy is to keep him off the field as much as possible by pounding the ball and grinding out 1st down after 1st down. But sooner or later he will get on the field then it depends on your defensive personnel. As HurricaneNick mentioned above pick your poison. Try and stack the box you are putting a lot of pressure on your secondary. I think you're better off rushing four and and try to shut down his passing game. If MD is running the ball on you at least the clock keeps moving. Either way MD's offense is a def. coordinator's worst nightmare.  

Not for a Texas def coordinator.  Easy peasy.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

I think you mean not for a Texas HS Athletic Director (solution= don’t schedule MD)

Wouldn’t be any fun to play them anyway. MD wins and it’ll be nothing but excuses from the texans. It’ll go from “we can kick MD’s ass any day of the week, they’re too slow to compete with tx” to “you’re supposed to win, you’re a private school” real quick. Would much rather play Aquinas or SFA again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2019 at 3:00 PM, Texasboys23 said:

Lol I’m a Dv homer.  Could care less what the other teams are doing. 

So you think DV is beating DeMatha by 28+, Good Counsel by 23+, Mililani by 32+, etc... And they beat DBP by 35, but it couldve been far worse.

I cant see DV doing that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

So you think DV is beating DeMatha by 28+, Good Counsel by 23+, Mililani by 32+, etc... And they beat DBP by 35, but it couldve been far worse.

I cant see DV doing that.

at the time,  GC and Dematha had QB issues, so DV beating them as badly as they did SJC was possible.  21-28 pts