USA acedmy Update 🍿

imaGoodBoyNow

46 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

**On a serious note I sure hope these guys do something for these kids. It would be a damn shame if they talked these kids into dropping out of school their Senior year for some pie in the sky...

Someone needs to contact Edgenuity and ask them if they got something working with USA Academy as a blended model or as a online private to give out diplomas otherwise these kids will be screwed.There certainly is nothing on their website about it . Hell at this point maybe they (Edgenuity) can hook up with Alabama State and get something legit going like GSB mentioned. If that shit is even true.. . ala University High in FLA ETC... 

It's only a matter of time before the Alabama State Department of Education shuts this thing down and IMG Academy and others drop them from their schedules.  It's deja vu all over again.

59 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The top three threads on this site!! Love it! USA and yours truly can’t thank you guys enough for your outstanding promotional efforts. The best is yet to come! 

27905337-C962-4557-8FBD-B74A93F271B1.jpeg

You’re welcome.  Congratulations on reaching such a nation-wide audience.

Signed: All 15 of us.

• Haha 5

NFHS Handbook

Maximum Participation

A maximum participation requirement: promotes timely progress toward graduation by discouraging students from delaying or interrupting their high school education; disallows students to enroll for one semester each school year to increase athletic ability and skill; promotes equality of competition; diminishes risks stemming from unequal competition, and places emphasis on the academic mission of the school.

A maximum participation requirement promotes harmony and fair competition among member schools by maintaining equality of eligibility.  Each student is afforded the same number of semesters of athletic eligibility, which increases the number of students who will have an opportunity to participate in interscholastic athletics.

A maximum participation requirement is conducive to the prevention of redshirting; helps avoid exploitation by coaches or boosters who otherwise might seek to obtain transfers or to delay a student's normal progress through school, and prevents displacement of younger student-athletes by older student-athletes wishing to protract unfairly their high school athletic careers.

AHSAA Bylaws

Rule 1 - Eligibility

Section 1.  Undergraduates Rule.  Graduates of accredited high schools or equal grades are not eligible.

Section 5.  Participation Limitations.

(a) Eight Semester Rule.  A student may be eligible only eight consecutive semesters after entering the ninth grade.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Severino said:

NFHS Handbook

Maximum Participation

A maximum participation requirement: promotes timely progress toward graduation by discouraging students from delaying or interrupting their high school education; disallows students to enroll for one semester each school year to increase athletic ability and skill; promotes equality of competition; diminishes risks stemming from unequal competition, and places emphasis on the academic mission of the school.

A maximum participation requirement promotes harmony and fair competition among member schools by maintaining equality of eligibility.  Each student is afforded the same number of semesters of athletic eligibility, which increases the number of students who will have an opportunity to participate in interscholastic athletics.

A maximum participation requirement is conducive to the prevention of redshirting; helps avoid exploitation by coaches or boosters who otherwise might seek to obtain transfers or to delay a student's normal progress through school, and prevents displacement of younger student-athletes by older student-athletes wishing to protract unfairly their high school athletic careers.

AHSAA Bylaws

Rule 1 - Eligibility

(a) Eight Semester Rule.  A student may be eligible only eight consecutive semesters after entering the ninth grade.

Reads pretty simple. 

Damn. If rush walks away from you the whole thing must be fucked up beyond repair! 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Reads pretty simple. 

Damn. If rush walks away from you the whole thing must be fucked up beyond repair! 

Man, y'all know that Rush probably got suckered to begin with. The same promises that we called out as being bullshit on here lured him in. 

Dusty is a good bullshitter. I recognized that shit straight away. He was good enough to sucker Rush in on false promises, and then keep him on the line even while some really smart people that understand commercial construction were very contrarian to the entire pitch. They used promises of working out a contract and meeting certain goals in order to get the press conference which set their ability to build a schedule out of thin air before they even had 22 kids on the roster. 

When they failed to meet the deadlines that Rush knew they needed to meet in order for then to have a successful program that was built on a solid foundation, he probably knew it was time to get gone. 

I'm sure he really thought they were going to do things the right way, which would be why they hired him to begin with. 

You can say a lot of things about Rush, but, his ability to build a program that will last and be successful really can't be questioned. For him to hit eject on what they have going on definitely says they aren't doing it anywhere near to what he most likely suggested for them to. I guarantee you he hoped that it would be good. He needed it to be. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Severino said:

NFHS Handbook

Maximum Participation

AHSAA Bylaws

Rule 1 - Eligibility

Section 1.  Undergraduates Rule.  Graduates of accredited high schools or equal grades are not eligible.

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Man, y'all know that Rush probably got suckered to begin with. The same promises that we called out as being bullshit on here lured him in. 

Dusty is a good bullshitter. I recognized that shit straight away. He was good enough to sucker Rush in on false promises, and then keep him on the line even while some really smart people that understand commercial construction were very contrarian to the entire pitch. They used promises of working out a contract and meeting certain goals in order to get the press conference which set their ability to build a schedule out of thin air before they even had 22 kids on the roster. 

When they failed to meet the deadlines that Rush knew they needed to meet in order for then to have a successful program that was built on a solid foundation, he probably knew it was time to get gone. 

I'm sure he really thought they were going to do things the right way, which would be why they hired him to begin with. 

You can say a lot of things about Rush, but, his ability to build a program that will last and be successful really can't be questioned. For him to hit eject on what they have going on definitely says they aren't doing it anywhere near to what he most likely suggested for them to. I guarantee you he hoped that it would be good. He needed it to be. 

Agreed, his yearning to do this task is a testament of his confidence to complete the task. Most likely a larger revenue stream is a critical part of his needs moving forward. I’m sure he will land somewhere.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Agreed, his yearning to do this task is a testament of his confidence to complete the task. Most likely a larger revenue stream is a critical part of his needs moving forward. I’m sure he will land somewhere.

The "needed it to be" part is what made him an easy mark. When you need or want something badly enough, you'll buy into stuff that you probably know deep down you shouldn't buy into. Hope is good and bad, depending on the people you are dealing with. 

In this case... apparently bad. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The "needed it to be" part is what made him an easy mark. When you need or want something badly enough, you'll buy into stuff that you probably know deep down you shouldn't buy into. Hope is good and bad, depending on the people you are dealing with. 

In this case... apparently bad. 

When you've been run off from your last two jobs, and your eligibility to even hold a job in the last state you came from is in question, you're necessarily desperate for a new job that will work out. Like you say, that's why he was able to be convinced to get involved in the first place.

So, now, all they have is Dusty and a guy with 30k twitter followers who's known for persuading kids to join a program, and persuading college programs to take a look at kids. When I say "all they have", we of course know this is about EVERYTHING as they do NOT have any facilities or a head coach. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, badrouter said:

When you've been run off from your last two jobs, and your eligibility to even hold a job in the last state you came from is in question, you're necessarily desperate for a new job that will work out. Like you say, that's why he was able to be convinced to get involved in the first place.

So, now, all they have is Dusty and a guy with 30k twitter followers who's known for persuading kids to join a program, and persuading college programs to take a look at kids. When I say "all they have", we of course know this is about EVERYTHING as they do NOT have any facilities or a head coach. 

I was curious about whether Coach Kent ever reported for duties there as well. Hard to believe they had no contract with Rush and had one with Jeff Kent. Didn't stop them from tweeting fancy graphics welcoming them though. 

xD

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This Dusty guy... 

Lol. 

"We've built it, they are coming. Are you? #comeflywithus"

"USA Academy welcomes Jeff Kent as DC. #comeflywithus"

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Of course I have no clue about Kent, I'll defer to you guys on him. But, EVERY impression we were given about Propst suggested he absolutely was locked in-contractually- and that he had done so very much etc. It's a good bet Kent's contract was as rock solid as Rush's was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

Of course I have no clue about Kent, I'll defer to you guys on him. But, EVERY impression we were given about Propst suggested he absolutely was locked in-contractually- and that he had done so very much etc. It's a good bet Kent's contract was as rock solid as Rush's was.

Idk if he ever reported over. I have contended from the beginning it's all a sales pitch with nothing solid. 

Rush now backs that up in statements to WALB. 

Kent is a good DC though. Not sure what happened to him at Cairo High School. He apparently turned on Propst in the "investigation" at Colquitt, and found himself having to look for a job anyway which led to Cairo, then I heard he was dismissed from there. Then announced by Dusty there. 

I'll have to check around and see about where he is. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I just am having trouble digesting a world class bullshitter like rush being bamboozled. 

Wow! How did dusty not win his local election?’ 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I just am having trouble digesting a world class bullshitter like rush being bamboozled. 

Wow! How did dusty not win his local election?’ 

Maybe Dusty is as good as y’all up there in Marietta with those underbelly recruitment techniques y’all employ. Either way it served both you and Dusty agreed?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Maybe Dusty is as good as y’all up there in Marietta with those underbelly recruitment techniques y’all employ. Either way it served both you and Dusty agreed?

Still rent free. Y’all got them runner up rings yet? Red ribbons? 

the puppies have their parade for a recruiting title yet? 😂 

the stalker has returned 

10 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Still rent free. Y’all got them runner up rings yet? Red ribbons? 

the puppies have their parade for a recruiting title yet? 😂 

the stalker has returned 

Just an observation fella. Much like yours on the Rush. Bet you folks in Marietta glad Rush ain’t currently in the Georgia Gene pool for football.

• Haha 1