USA acedmy Update 🍿

imaGoodBoyNow

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

On a more serious note, the USA Academy website actually says they're using OLS online now. 

Edit:NM, I see that is just their term for Edgenuity or whatever the NCAA approved curriculum is. 

The USA Academy curriculum is not NCAA approved yet.  Enter school code 852160 to view their status.

https://web3.ncaa.org/hsportal/exec/hsAction?hsActionSubmit=searchHighSchool

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Severino said:

The USA Academy curriculum is not NCAA approved yet.  Enter school code 852160 to view their status.

https://web3.ncaa.org/hsportal/exec/hsAction?hsActionSubmit=searchHighSchool

Cough *bullshit* cough!

gsb said EVERYTHING is on the up and up, so quit lying my dude. Y’all know damn good and well dustmite is as straight as the day is long! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Very racist post above. Are you saying that every high-profile player that has committed to USA to date (all black by the way) is poor and illiterate? 

Currently in America there are almost 2M children being home schooled. If their local public schools suck and their families can’t afford to go private, what do you expect them to do? Have a heart! 

Very racist post above. Are you saying that every high-profile player that has committed to USA to date (all black by the way) is poor and illiterate? 

Currently in America there are almost 2M children being home schooled. If their local public schools suck and their families can’t afford to go private, what do you expect them to do? Have a heart! 

7 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

I think GSB fancies himself a politician. Just makes shit up to fit his agenda. He shouldn't quit his day job as he sucks at it.

3r553d.jpg

JOE BALLER AT YOUR SERVICE | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

How'd you arrive at that?

Thanks,

BGW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So how long has USAA been having classes? 

Also, tell us again about how one student went to straight A's already. @imaGoodBoyNow

That’s what baffles me the most. Maybe the kid was just saying he had straight A’s because it was at the beginning of the semester and everyone still had A’s? I was Valedictorian the first week of school too 😂 If not, Dusty’s bogus curriculum is cheating the kids. Can’t go from not eligible to sign with a college to a 4.0 in a matter of a week. Can’t build perfect student habits that quickly. Especially at the old folks home. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

That’s what baffles me the most. Maybe the kid was just saying he had straight A’s because it was at the beginning of the semester and everyone still had A’s? I was Valedictorian the first week of school too 😂 If not, Dusty’s bogus curriculum is cheating the kids. Can’t go from not eligible to sign with a college to a 4.0 in a matter of a week. Can’t build perfect student habits that quickly. Especially at the old folks home. 

Maybe Crusty is Teacher of the year, maybe he used to work at nasa

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Home-schooled children have rights too! 

CJ Dixon will be playing his 5th year of high school at USA after playing 4 years of ball at Grayson? Was he homeschooled at any point in hs or is he just following Kenyatta? Serious question.  I’m not buying this homeschooled athlete crap, all these kids post pictures of them in their current high schools uniform with a USA academy logo thrown on there and announce that they’re reclassifying on Twitter. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I don’t know that to be true. And if it is, don’t blame me for the legal loopholes that exist in our wonderful country! #landofthefree 

If a student that entered 9th grade in Fall 2016 their athletic eligibility expires at the end of this school year.  There are no "legal loopholes" other than attending a "school" that is not governed by any rules whatsoever.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Old news posted weeks ago. Classes started on 1/21/20. Many high school students around the country have straight As at this point in the semester. 

That’s exactly what I said, everyone was in the running for top of the class early on in the semester. Would be really hard to go from not making the 2.3 gpa requirement the NCAA has in place in order to sign, to a 4.0. I’m getting North Carolina vibes from USA. https://www.fitsnews.com/2017/10/13/north-carolina-basketball-cheats-gets-off/ 

If the kid can’t cut it in the classroom at a regular school & can’t do the MINIMUM amount of school work to get a 2.3, but is getting a 4.0 at USA it looks pretty fishy. If these kids graduate with 4.0’s then give Dusty the Nobel Prize in education because he must’ve figured some shit out that the education system hasn’t been able to do for 100 years. 😂 #fakeschool 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Severino said:

I think what he's hinting at is USA Academy students will be considered home-schooled.

I’m aware of that. And basically I don’t give a shit whether they are or are not.

What I want him to explain is why he keeps accusing this board, in extremely broad terms, of hating on home-schooled kids.  He won’t specify who or when this allegedly happened, but keeps going back to it over and over.  It’s like he thinks if he just keeps saying it often enough we’ll magically believe it.

There is absolutely NO evidence of that, yet he keeps bringing it up, ad nausea.

Then he starts throwing the race card around, and the “false news” bullshit.

Smells an awful lot like a man with something to hide.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Look at USAs current 2020 schedule. Do you think any of those opponents give a damn? All of their goals is to play the best competition anywhere, anytime. Just a few years ago, SPP played the Hun School, a boarding school riddled with PGs on every sport’s roster. Not the same scenario, but you get my point. To each their own. 

St. Frances absolutely will never play the University of Maryland, much less Clemson, LSU etc. Why is that? Let's see if you're capable of telling us why.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Wosinc said:

I’m aware of that. And basically I don’t give a shit whether they are or are not.

What I want him to explain is why he keeps accusing this board, in extremely broad terms, of hating on home-schooled kids.  He won’t specify who or when this allegedly happened, but keeps going back to it over and over.  It’s like he thinks if he just keeps saying it often enough we’ll magically believe it.

There is absolutely NO evidence of that, yet he keeps bringing it up, ad nausea.

Then he starts throwing the race card around, and the “false news” bullshit.

Smells an awful lot like a man with something to hide.

I agree with this, but think what is even more goofy is GSB making comments about CODBEARD's son, and questioning how CODBEARD raised the boy.

Really screwy comments, like saying the son wasn't good enough to play high school somewhere, and then when being told the boy was, in fact, good enough to play (even on Varsity as a freshmen, it sounded like), GSB followed up his ridiculous guess-comment with a similarly juvenile question of, "oh yeah, then where did he play in college?" Apparently CODBEARD's son chose tio not play football in college, and is now in the US MArines. GSB then said that the boy "took the easy way out."

Now, since then, he made a comment that CODBEARD "failed miserably" at advancing his son, followed by a signature hash, this one "#quittersneverwin."

I'd imagine GSB has his ass cheeks clenched tight as a mofo based on his panicky contributions on here with all the posts calling him out, and now he's decided to defend himself by taking it to the personal level. He needs to be careful, though, as his own self-promotion (check out my podcast, or AJC interview, or USAA press conference, etc.) has left it easy to figure out who he is. 

@Gardensateballer, I'd give a little more thought to what the hell you're getting yourself into, both on and off this forum.

Just trying to be helpful, even though I think you're a weasel.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Severino said:

The statement from Dusty Devaughn was:  "No player could have graduated or had enough credits to graduate."

Since most of the recruits are class of '20 seniors, what choice do they have?

No one is putting a gun to their head and forcing them to attend USA Academy or have I really missed something?  No one has to go there.  It is a choice that they choose to make.  *All* schools have their own policies, procedures, rules, whatever you want to call them.  If you make the choice to attend, you choose to follow their rules.  Pretty simple concept.

By the way, don't make the mistake of thinking I am all in favor or USAA.  I don't have a dog in that hunt at all.  I'm just pointing out the logical fallacy.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Fred said:

No one is putting a gun to their head and forcing them to attend USA Academy or have I really missed something?  No one has to go there.  It is a choice that they choose to make.  *All* schools have their own policies, procedures, rules, whatever you want to call them.  If you make the choice to attend, you choose to follow their rules.  Pretty simple concept.

By the way, don't make the mistake of thinking I am all in favor or USAA.  I don't have a dog in that hunt at all.  I'm just pointing out the logical fallacy.

C'mom Fred, you've seen enough with one of the "players" and the influence with people.

You can't be that detached.

Glittery lights and all....

giphy.gif

BGW

• Haha 1