Wrong termination lawsuit vs Valdosta?

HooverOutlaw

The Georgia boards have a post about this. Under oath those boards members will have to come clean about firing Rodemaker or the school system will just pay him an undisclosed amount. I bet they just give him check to make this mess disappear.  They need to have an investigation from an outside source to do a full review of the entire Valdosta program. The investigation firm needs to be chosen by Rodemaker not the school.  If the school fears an investigation which normally happens in these type situations they may just say here is a check go away. I used to think the Hoover BOE in the 2004-2010 era was worst BOE but Valdosta is closing in.  

Save the program hire Rush.

3 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

So cough it up and move on is thier plan?

I don't know just seems like now days to avoid a media circus in a high profile case a lot undisclosed amounts are issued. I don't know for fact it's even happening just posting what the Georgia boards are saying. I have not personally read a filed lawsuit.  Could be a drunk posting or Rodemaker's lawyer who knows.  You can't hide behind closed doors in a lawsuit like these school boards do. They will have tell really what went happen or pay the man. With the racial tones I'm sure they don't wanna go down that road.   You think the Valdosta school board is bumbling around right now let them get on the witness stand and get drilled by some asshole lawyer.  Is the local judge a Valdosta grad anything could take place.  Odds are all the jurors will be Valdosta fans and want revenge vs the school board for firing Rodemaker and who or who not may get hired.  All things lean to the BOE  just writing a check. 

39 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The Georgia boards have a post about this. Under oath those boards members will have to come clean about firing Rodemaker or the school system will just pay him an undisclosed amount. I bet they just give him check to make this mess disappear.  They need to have an investigation from an outside source to do a full review of the entire Valdosta program. The investigation firm needs to be chosen by Rodemaker not the school.  If the school fears an investigation which normally happens in these type situations they may just say here is a check go away. I used to think the Hoover BOE in the 2004-2010 era was worst BOE but Valdosta is closing in.  

Save the program hire Rush.

Rodemaker will not see a penny.  Was not terminated.  So how can it be a wrongful termination?  His contract was up and they chose not to renew it.  Judges do not tend to side with the employee in the case of a contract not being renewed.  They know better.  Otherwise it would open up the flood gates for any coach to sure because he was not retained. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

How did he screw over the kids in one month? Just wondering.

Just from the standpoint of being in the way and suing the school which will mess the kids up. From what I heard he already has a new job and he is still suing the school.  That's just childish in my opinion. 

10 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Rodemaker will not see a penny.  Was not terminated.  So how can it be a wrongful termination?  His contract was up and they chose not to renew it.  Judges do not tend to side with the employee in the case of a contract not being renewed.  They know better.  Otherwise it would open up the flood gates for any coach to sure because he was not retained. 

Georgia is very, very, very, friendly towards employees. I had an employee get injured one time, found out he was illegal, gave my company fake identification (before everify) upon hiring, had video evidence of him faking the extent of his injuries and the judge in coffee county Georgia still gave him $60,000

On 3/28/2020 at 8:26 AM, Dustin Statham said:

Some of the Valdosta fans want a black qb, never saw a black qb at colquitt.

Going on a limb and saying a black QB wasn’t the best man for the job at Colquitt. I mean, the Packers haven’t exactly struggled at that position.  I guarantee you if there was a black QB better than everyone else on their roster under Rush he would’ve started. Rush cares about winning  

I don’t get the oh woe is me in Moultrie and Valdosta on this issue. This isn’t Minnesota or South Dakota. Both of those teams are predominantly black. If Bryce Young, CJ Dixon, or Chad Mascoe wanted to play for the Packers and lived in that area they would’ve been the starting Colquitt QB. 

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

What a joke! Didn’t the state sanction or censor the board?

Frivolous lawsuit. 

BGW

I do think at least a reason why his contract was not renewed will be forced out of the board members.  You could also ask the BOE why he was not let go in previous years what changed. I just do not see them being able to not give some kind of reason. 

8 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I do think at least a reason why his contract was not renewed will be forced out of the board members.  You could also ask the BOE why he was not let go in previous years what changed. I just do not see them being able to not give some kind of reason. 

Yep, they gonna lawyer up.... and say "I've elected to not renew Leah's contract for her husband to remain HC at "Dosta".

Something like that, element of bullshittery in my forecasted statement.

Frivolous.

BGW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, I don't see how the suit can gain any traction. It actually seems pretty silly in all honesty. 

I hate how The BOE handled this but yea it's silly... He wasn't wrongfully terminated. They let the contract run out. Now no one wants to go to Valdosta because the situation has gotten bad. 

This type of shit scares away potential coaches.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Ha, there is no way she can win this lawsuit.  I'm surprised a lawyer took up their case.

He's getting paid. That's the number one way lawyers rip off their clients. They blow smoke up their ass telling them they can get them what they want in a case knowing the whole time nothing can come of it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He's getting paid. That's the number one way lawyers rip off their clients. They blow smoke up their ass telling them they can get them what they want in a case knowing the whole time nothing can come of it. 

Must be a lawyer that is struggling for clients.  Any reputable lawyer would never touch this case.  But, I totally hear what you're saying. 

• Like 1