Rush Propst

Ga96

16 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You think it'll  take him that long to get a national power like Trinity Catholic on the schedule for a MNC run?

How many on here remember Kevin Wright at Warren Central?  Yes, that Kevin Wright who had four IN state championships at WC and had a huge reputation.

Does anyone remember the hs he moved to after Warren Central?

Tulsa Union.  I will suggest that hs football there, then, was about as big as perhaps anywhere in America. I saw Union play Jenks one year in the 90’s or so and that was something.  (Valdosta vs CC?)

Kevin Wright (yes the IMG Kevin Wright) lasted one year at Tulsa Union. https://www.tulsaworld.com/archive/wright-resigns-at-union/article_ca9c7d10-b976-5fd2-96be-58f6f7b64faf.html Note the Sept. 3rd entry near the bottom timeline.

How much patience will Valdosta have with Rush Propst?

42 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Do that! Two storied programs squaring off at good ole Mercer. That's gonna be a damn good game......considering what both teams bring to the table. 

Day game or night game, like part of a kickoff classic or doubleheader???  tx.,

lol, hey off topic but when was the last time somebody mentioned the place Asbury Park NJ to you???

2 hours ago, 94Packer said:

This is going to be a HUGE game. I think it will be an ESPN worthy game. The story line is just to good. Save the date 9-11

too bad this didn't happen one year earlier so as the 25th anniversary to hype the meeting of these two even more, lol.  I could see ESPN bringing in special/honorary coaches or alum to sideline it.  

Richard "the pulling guard" Jones lays out the VHS defensive end as CC wins in a close one, lol.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk. Gotta build the team. He's very methodical. Gotta build the team, build the community trust, then build the schedule and have all those lines intersecting perfectly. 

Definitely, board is out of whack.... that needs to come together. How much that is a reflection of the community bears watching...

BGW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Definitely, board is out of whack.... that needs to come together. How much that is a reflection of the community bears watching...

BGW

Well, anytime a well liked coach is removed and a new guy comes in, there is a fracturing in the community. It creates an extra hurdle for the new coach for sure. 

In this situation, there was all of this white privelege/racial animosity/faux victim bullshit going on and of course the outgoing coach had a lot of support that some will have a difficult time just transitioning straight away. Especially in the financial support area. There is a lot of distrust of each other inside the community. That's a tough one to solve. Things like what they've just been through down there don't just go away over night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, anytime a well liked coach is removed and a new guy comes in, there is a fracturing in the community. It creates an extra hurdle for the new coach for sure. 

In this situation, there was all of this white privelege/racial animosity/faux victim bullshit going on and of course the outgoing coach had a lot of support that some will have a difficult time just transitioning straight away. Especially in the financial support area. There is a lot of distrust of each other inside the community. That's a tough one to solve. Things like what they've just been through down there don't just go away over night.

You're a lot closer to it, and I have mixed feelings about it of course speaking to which you just pointed out.

I've been saying this for years and and yes I realize a blanket response won't fix it but the adults have pretty much ruined for the kids everywhere with bias, bullshit, entitlement and whatnot.

We can hope, Rush is gonna hafta pull it in with every fiber of his being and galvanize everybody to come to the table and see the light.

You're right it won't be easy, hopefully the spotlight is too strong for the detractors to derail it.

bgw

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Now that propst is there, do you think those that were threatening to never support previous coach still feel the same way. If the town had to vote between previous coach and new coach, who wins?

10 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Now that propst is there, do you think those that were threatening to never support previous coach still feel the same way. If the town had to vote between previous coach and new coach, who wins?

I didn't know that there was people threatening that with the last coach. I think everyone liked him, but, just didn't think the results were what they expected down there. 

The same will happen with Rush as well really. They are result driven down there, so, state chips or bust. Of course that's as long as he stays above the political fray. 

I think many though that Rodemaker was under achieving with what he had to work with. Idk if he really was or not really. People down there want to beat Lowndes and Colquitt above just about every other game played. If you go win the state championship in 6A but you still got embarrassed by Colquitt, it takes the shine off the trophy so-to-speak. 

Same with Colquitt vs. either of those teams. Those are the most important games of the year outside of the playoffs as far as the community is concerned.

• Thanks 1